Need advice/help for new MSI build.

Ryenie

Budget : $1,500-$2,000 U.S.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: call of duty infinite warfare, mechwarrior 5 mercenaries, combat flight simulator, flight simulator x, lord of the rings battle for middle earth II, chief architect x12, sandbox universe, sim city. And nes SNES emulators.

Parts I already have are , (monitor) element 144hz hz <dont know the rest>(case) msi gungnir 100d mid tower, (ram) corsair vengeanc lpx 32gb/2-16gb dual channel 3200 ddr4, (gpu) msi gaming x geforce gtx 1050ti 4gb (storage) 1- optane 16gb m10 memory pci express/nvm express, 1-1tb 6gb/s 7200rpm wd hdd. (PSU) msi 650w modular 80+ rated. (PC parts picker rated most of my build at 300-400w's.

What I need, mother board (msi), processor (intel), cooling setup for cpu, ssd?? If it will actually speed things up, more ram if 32 isnt enough yet.

I can't decide which motherboard and processor combo I need to go with. I would like to stick with an intel processor that is over clockable with built in graphics cause it sucks if a graphics card fails and you dont have it to get by until you can get the gpu replaced.  An MSI motherboard cause dragons make me happy. I'm not a huge gamer, more of an old gamer, so my library, doesn't grow much, and ill be using it for cad and office work as much as gaming. I dont know how many cores I need or want, I know more is better but overkill isnt necessary or wanted. I'd like to be able to do a steady 60fps on infinite warfare on high to ultra settings same as with bfme II (higher would be nice but GPU is locked in at what I have for the foreseeable future and I'm uncertain of the extent of its capabilities). But I dont need to do it at ultra4k. I'm looking at monitors but this is as fancy as I intent to go (MSI Optix G27C4 27" Full HD 1920 x 1080 165 Hz HDMI, DisplayPort AMD FreeSync Curved Gaming Monitor or something in this price range. I also dont have any cooling ideas, aio, water cooled, or heat sync, but highly open to suggestions. 

My last computer was an hp pavillion 590 with an i5 8400 cpu and 8gb of ram. With built in wifi, and optane (where my 16gb optane came from), and no gpu. But with this I could play infinite warfare at 28fps on low settings. 

Thank you in advance for any and all of your help. I'm looking to get the needed items asap, just dont know the best use of my money for what I need. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone out there that could help shed some light on this for me. 

16 minutes ago, Ryenie said:

Anyone out there that could help shed some light on this for me. 

This list could help you

1) 11600k or 10600k

2) MSI MAG B560 Torpedo Motherboard

3) Noctua NH-U9S or be quite dark rock 4

4) samsung m.2 ssd or any that have dram or 3d nand.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you guys, very helpful indeed. I haven't been familiar with computer components since I was in middle school. First pc had a 20 mb hard drive, 10mhz processor and 1 mb of ram and ran on dos.  The arena's changed quite a bit.