Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing nat on my internet connection for games is secure ?

Go to solution Solved by The_russian,

I wouldn't be comfortable doing that, putting your computer in a DMZ means it will no longer be protected by the router's firewall, and inbound traffic from the internet will no longer be blocked for that computer. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do it, just understand what a setting does and the effect of the change, then decide for yourself if you are conformable with the effects/consequences instead of just blindly following some YouTube video. 

Apparently i'm not being able to play battlefield 4 anymore. Servers pings are all too high and when i get in any server i get kicked because my ping doesnt show up in the server.

Looked into it and i saw a lot of people saying to put my NAT option on my router to open or whatever.

Now.. Idk if that is safe. I've never needed to do this to play any multiplayer game ever. So what do you guys know about this ?

Like in this video

I wouldn't be comfortable doing that, putting your computer in a DMZ means it will no longer be protected by the router's firewall, and inbound traffic from the internet will no longer be blocked for that computer. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do it, just understand what a setting does and the effect of the change, then decide for yourself if you are conformable with the effects/consequences instead of just blindly following some YouTube video. 

8 hours ago, The_russian said:

Thanks man for the insight. Yeah i dont feel confortable at all.