Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recently Im interesting in how decoding works. 

If I have word "qwert tewq" and its equal to "00... some numbers" 

So its simple when you have equation, but how I now to find out how to write "pancake" on these numbers. 

I understand that coding have X variations of coding, but only I don't know how to decode coding method. 

Is it hard or its so simple as I think that exist on google. 

On 4/8/2021 at 5:55 PM, PWforPower said:

Recently Im interesting in how decoding works. 

If I have word "qwert tewq" and its equal to "00... some numbers" 

So its simple when you have equation, but how I now to find out how to write "pancake" on these numbers. 

I understand that coding have X variations of coding, but only I don't know how to decode coding method. 

Is it hard or its so simple as I think that exist on google.

I don't think you're quite grasping the breadth and depth of the topic.

Encoding is a scheme in which you translate letters into something computers can deal with. Computers don't know what "a" is. You can't write "a" to a disk, store it in memory, or pass it around because those are all tasks that are exclusively for binary data. So people created encoding schemes. Note that this is much different than the kind of secret spy "encoded message", since it's not really trying to obfuscate data, but just manage it for computers to use.

There's hundreds of different ways to encode text data (or strings, in programmer parlance), but some of the most common is ASCII and UTF-8. But because humans read text, it's pretty important for it to be ingrained in computing systems at a deep level, which is why it's seldom necessary to have to handle the details of actually encoding or decoding yourself.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:26 AM, Sakuriru said:

Note that this is much different than the kind of secret spy "encoded message", since it's not really trying to obfuscate data, but just manage it for computers to use.

For the sake of completeness, in computer terms this would be called encryption/decryption as opposed to encoding/decoding.

When data is encrypted it is made intentionally unreadable and you typically can't decrypt it, unless you know the password or some other secret information. Whereas with encoding in most cases there will be some meta-data (or even a standard) alongside the data that tells you how it was encoded, so you can figure out how to decode it again.

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply