Any suggestions for first time building streaming/gaming PC

Budget (including currency): Between $1600 and $1700 (US)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming  and several overlays / background applications, Video and music editing, and games like: apex legends, overwatch, minecraft rtx, or any new game decently at 1080p

Other details : Already have every other peripheral.Going to use between 2-3 monitors. Looking for a long lasting investment with some OC or easy upgrade capabilty for when extra performance may be needed. budget could be a little flexible but no more than +- $200

To clarify: First time building for a friend I'm helping remotely, so probably wont get into OC or anything too fancy right away.

Going intel since can't find any amd cpu's rn. May swap to amd, should any good options appear. Gpu is hard to find, mostly hoping on new stock at microcenter, so any suggestions on a better option to look out for?

Any comments or suggestions to make better use of the budget are greatly appreciated.

Hi!

If you are going need "Streaming  and several overlays / background applications" I would think about getting 32GB of ram (2x16GB) and, streching the budged a bit more, get the I9 10850K (if you wanna go with Intel).

The ram will cost you around $180-200 and the CPU is now sellig at Newegg and Amazon at $379. With all that, you will have to spend around +$175. 

2 minutes ago, RodrigoRS said:

Hi!

If you are going need "Streaming  and several overlays / background applications" I would think about getting 32GB of ram (2x16GB) and, streching the budged a bit more, get the I9 10850K (if you wanna go with Intel).

The ram will cost you around $180-200 and the CPU is now sellig at Newegg and Amazon at $379. With all that, you will have to spend around +$175. 

Thanks for the response!

Would the I9 go above the power supply limits? or require a better cooler?

You will be more than fine with 750W. If you have doubts, see this:

image.thumb.png.f5780c927c7ac693d7daa5eb99e7c1da.png

Don't worry. It will be able to handle an I9-10850K+RX6800 XT/RTX 3080.

I wanna stress the importance on saving a few bucks to "upgrade" after. If you buy an I3/I5 to buy an I9 in the future, I get it. But if you are going for a 10700K, just aim for the 10 cores. There would be no more "upgrade" path neither with AMD nor Intel. Next gen will probably be DDR5 so we will all have to swapp Mobo, Ram and CPU.

Furthermore, the 11gen CPUs from Intel are not worth it. Grab the 10850k that's at most 2-3% worst than the 10900K and enjoy.

Oh, and you will NEED 32GB for streaming, gaming and having "several overlays/background aplications".

I would recommend AMD but now is hard to find at reasonable prices.

Changes made -
For the games you are playing, and the tasks you are doing (video editing, streaming) the 5800x just seems like a better CPU for you.
I also changed the cooler to a scythe fuma 2 (comparable to the d15) 
The SSD was changed to an A2000 (SATA too NVME)
The H510 is pretty crap, thanks to it's non-existent airflow
And I went with a cheaper, still very high quality PSU S(the enermax Revolution)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

34 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Changes made -
For the games you are playing, and the tasks you are doing (video editing, streaming) the 5800x just seems like a better CPU for you.
I also changed the cooler to a scythe fuma 2 (comparable to the d15) 
The SSD was changed to an A2000 (SATA too NVME)
The H510 is pretty crap, thanks to it's non-existent airflow
And I went with a cheaper, still very high quality PSU S(the enermax Revolution)

Thanks for the new list. I hadn't really thought about the 5800x because of the price but it might actually work in the budget