i don't know how to connect my fans that came with my corsair rgb 220t to my motherboard or to my power supply i need you help linus.

moiswe

i have never built a computer so i don't know any of this hardware or where to connect it my motherboard is a gigabyte b450m ds3h v2.

Just now, moiswe said:

i have never built a computer so i don't know any of this hardware or where to connect it my motherboard is a gigabyte b450m ds3h v2.

Keep in mind this is mostly a community forum, Linus does not (usually) go into 'random' threads to help people. That's what we - the community - do.

Anyways, what are you specifically having trouble with, in terms of connecting cables?

Would you be able to say if you have connected these cables already or not:

image.thumb.png.70b2a76851e51915ae36c3332495f501.png

image.png.eb6375859318e191594622351c3e9032.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i have connected these cables

6 minutes ago, moiswe said:

There should be a few 3 or 4 pin port ports the motherboard that say fan 1, 2 or just if it just fan. I could not find a good image of the connector on the motherboard but they are the ports the arrows are pointing at. 

Edit: I am sorry for the bad image. It is more to show you where the ports are. The connector is 4 pins sticking up. Your fans may have 3 but it is fine, they go in the same port. 

where-to-connect-case-fan-4-pin-headers-to-motherboard.jpg

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

there is this cable that is a four pin that on the back has molex connecters i don't know where to put it in my mobo

1 minute ago, moiswe said:

there is this cable that is a four pin that on the back has molex connecters i don't know where to put it in my mobo

that molex connector goes to your power supply not the motherboard.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

my mobo only has 1 or 2  4pin connecters

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

that molex connector goes to your power supply not the motherboard.

my mobo is not modular.

4 minutes ago, moiswe said:

Could you take a picture of this cable and also follow this cable and tell us what device it goes to?

If for example this cable goes to your power supply, you don't need to plug it in anywhere, as it's an optional cable for when/if any part of your PC needs it.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, moiswe said:

Umm, hmmm.... I do not know where exactly it goes. Just wondering do you have a modular or non modular power supply. Refer to the image below. Also you are trying to plug the cable into the motherboard right????

maxresdefault.jpg

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

2 minutes ago, moiswe said:

my mobo is not modular.

It's not about the motherboard, you got to plug it in the PSU molex cable.

How do I connect a molex cable - Power Supplies - Linus Tech Tips

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, BoxTurtle said:

Umm, hmmm.... I do not know where exactly it goes. Just wondering do you have a modular or non modular power supply. Refer to the image below. Also you are trying to plug the cable into the motherboard right????

maxresdefault.jpg

non modular

it comes from the motherboard.

I didn't recognize that cable you posted (I saw your post earlier, but didn't have the time to respond yet).

Are you sure this cable came from the motherboard? Can you be more specific where on the motherboard it comes from?