Suggestion to LTT (&community) What would happen if you would plant seeds inside of a pc?

Go to solution Solved by StackUnderflow,

I don't know about living things and electronics mixing. Is there a concern of bacteria or mold in an enclosed spaces? Or high humidity (which would be bad for exposed metal/electronics)?

I don't deny it would be cool to have a hydroponics PC where you hook up the PSU to sun lamps, a built in filtration system and use the hydroponics in the PC cooling loop. 

I was wondering, since we have had everything now in and around pcs from mineral oil, rocks to concrete .... how would green, not only thrive but also afftect the computer's factors (bottom of the post)

Curiously, there are a lot of plants / seeds that do not require lots or any water or even sunlight (although I can see linus already "water cooling seeds")

For starters, cress doesn't require any maintaince. It can even be grown on regular bathroom wool/cotton pads. 

spacer.png

Though cress doesn't grow much in height than a few centimeters. If such a build were truely be taken on, one would have to plant other seeds and plants that grow much higher.

So, what if one were to plant grass, seeds, weeds, plants etc.. into a pc case. 

How would they affect air-flow, pressure, temperature, humidity, power consumption, fps, the plants?

(Would probably install the psu externally for safety reasons).

This build would be called: The Gardeners Build.

So what do you think. Would you like to see Linus loose his sanity with such a monstrous build?

f89f6e80aa584ac88decf2aa41216da9.jpg

I don't know about living things and electronics mixing. Is there a concern of bacteria or mold in an enclosed spaces? Or high humidity (which would be bad for exposed metal/electronics)?

I don't deny it would be cool to have a hydroponics PC where you hook up the PSU to sun lamps, a built in filtration system and use the hydroponics in the PC cooling loop. 

I once knew a guy whose secondary computer was inside a shed outside the house, laying on the ground. He was always talking about how cool it was, after we opened it we saw literally mold and dirt inside the case, so wouldnt recommend rly . anything that grows will eventually shed its dead leafs and other stuff, so wouldnt recommend

1) low light

2) high humidity

3) you don't want things to grow in your watercooling loop, if that's your idea of keeping the plants hydrated

3a) the water temp might also be too high for certain plants, so it's not as easy as just supplying the water

Overall, not recommended to mix plants and PC, I would think

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Plants have water, if it touches any bare pins it would create a short. I dont think it's a good idea.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w