Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1. Budget & Location

My budget is about $2200US give or take a $100. I'm in the US

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for?  This Pc will mostly be used for pretty heavy gaming/streaming.

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan to use? Do you plan to add more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

I plan on using 2 monitors. One will be the gaming monitor and the other is used for anything else. I want one to be a 1440p 144hz 1ms monitor ideally but those can be pricey.

4. Peripherals

Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors etc. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

I want a 64bit Windows OS

5. Why are you upgrading?

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

My current laptop is super loud when playing any game and my mic often picks up on the fan. It annoys everyone I play with.

I made a Pc picker list of a general build(The three monitors on there are just some I had in mind, I'm not getting all of them). Also, Ideally I want a 3080 or 3070 but we all know how painful those are to get right now.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wHKLXb

10 minutes ago, AkutoAkann said:

1. Budget & Location

My budget is about $2200US give or take a $100. I'm in the US

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for?  This Pc will mostly be used for pretty heavy gaming/streaming.

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan to use? Do you plan to add more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

I plan on using 2 monitors. One will be the gaming monitor and the other is used for anything else. I want one to be a 1440p 144hz 1ms monitor ideally but those can be pricey.

4. Peripherals

Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors etc. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

I want a 64bit Windows OS

5. Why are you upgrading?

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

My current laptop is super loud when playing any game and my mic often picks up on the fan. It annoys everyone I play with.

I made a Pc picker list of a general build(The three monitors on there are just some I had in mind, I'm not getting all of them). Also, Ideally I want a 3080 or 3070 but we all know how painful those are to get right now.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wHKLXb

9900k was a deal when they were 330 on amazon (and they are still a deal at 250 at micro center). Right now a better option for you would be an i9-10850k as it is also on a newer platform. Cooler is going to be hot with a 9900k, and I would get some sort of NVME ssd.

1, is this with or without tax. If you’ll have to pay tax, lower the budget accordingly so you don’t overspend.

2, then get an Nvidia GPU, their modern stuff, even the low end modern stuff, makes it’s super efficient to do both gaming and streaming at once.

3, 1440p 144hz 1ms monitors are getting much cheaper nowadays. If you know where to look and when a sale is, you’re gucci.

4, windows is ~$120 for a legit windows 10 home key.

5, you’ve got a lot of problems

5a, the 9900k is old, we’re on the 11th gen intel processors and AMD has over taken them in terms of performance. 

5b, why get a sata SSD when an NVME is only $20 more and 6-10 times faster.

5c, power supply is too weak, Nvidia recommends 850w minimum, and I’d say getting 1000w is the better choice since they power usage of these GPU could spike up in super small bursts to that high of a peak.

5d, my life's goal is telling people to not get acer monitors, I can’t explain how many times I’ve bought their lower end stuff like the one you have only for it to be particularly bad or have significant defects.

5e, the corsair k55 is a membrane keyboard, it’s just a $20 keyboard that lights up and has the word gaming slapped onto it. You’re better off getting a $10 Logitech and then saving up for a better keyboard, or getting something that isn’t a name brand off amazon.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

There's a couple problems with the built you picked out before, as well as a couple questions from me.

1.) A 9900k for almost $400 does not make any sense when you can get a 10700k for $100 less

2.) A 650w PSU straight up would not work with a 3080, and would barely work with a 3070. If you want a 3080 or the option of going with a 3080, an 850w PSU is pretty much the lowest you can go that anyone on here would recommend. 

3.) The NZXT H510 isn't a great case when you can get a P400a for a similar price. You may like the looks, but it has little airflow, and with a 3080, you need a lot of that. I also don't remember it having amazing build quality (I've built in both cases before), and while the P400a may not have top notch build quality, it was a lot better than the NZXT case.

As for questions:

1.) Do you have any monitors or do you need to get one of these, and will it affect the budget.

2.) Do you need to account for a GPU in this budget?

On 4/8/2021 at 4:30 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

There's a couple problems with the built you picked out before, as well as a couple questions from me.

1.) A 9900k for almost $400 does not make any sense when you can get a 10700k for $100 less

2.) A 650w PSU straight up would not work with a 3080, and would barely work with a 3070. If you want a 3080 or the option of going with a 3080, an 850w PSU is pretty much the lowest you can go that anyone on here would recommend. 

3.) The NZXT H510 isn't a great case when you can get a P400a for a similar price. You may like the looks, but it has little airflow, and with a 3080, you need a lot of that. I also don't remember it having amazing build quality (I've built in both cases before), and while the P400a may not have top notch build quality, it was a lot better than the NZXT case.

As for questions:

1.) Do you have any monitors or do you need to get one of these, and will it affect the budget.

2.) Do you need to account for a GPU in this budget?

Thank you so much for the imput on my build and for fixing some problems. As for answering your quesitons:

1.) I do have a monitor but it was from our families all desktop, Its a pretty old hp monitor. So I might be able to still use it as a second monitor for now but I would like a good monitor to primarily use.

2.) Yes I do. That total from the part picker list is like $400 off simply for the extra monitor options I put in there.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:30 PM, Jumballi said:

1, is this with or without tax. If you’ll have to pay tax, lower the budget accordingly so you don’t overspend.

2, then get an Nvidia GPU, their modern stuff, even the low end modern stuff, makes it’s super efficient to do both gaming and streaming at once.

3, 1440p 144hz 1ms monitors are getting much cheaper nowadays. If you know where to look and when a sale is, you’re gucci.

4, windows is ~$120 for a legit windows 10 home key.

5, you’ve got a lot of problems

5a, the 9900k is old, we’re on the 11th gen intel processors and AMD has over taken them in terms of performance. 

5b, why get a sata SSD when an NVME is only $20 more and 6-10 times faster.

5c, power supply is too weak, Nvidia recommends 850w minimum, and I’d say getting 1000w is the better choice since they power usage of these GPU could spike up in super small bursts to that high of a peak.

5d, my life's goal is telling people to not get acer monitors, I can’t explain how many times I’ve bought their lower end stuff like the one you have only for it to be particularly bad or have significant defects.

5e, the corsair k55 is a membrane keyboard, it’s just a $20 keyboard that lights up and has the word gaming slapped onto it. You’re better off getting a $10 Logitech and then saving up for a better keyboard, or getting something that isn’t a name brand off amazon.

Thank you so much for your input.
1.) That budget is a rough estimate and I did forget to account for tax. So I may need to lower the budget slightly.

5a.) Would it be better to get a i7 10700k or a AMD processor(I know significantly less about amd stuff)

5b.) I'm now gonna get a NVME one.

5c.) Would this change if I ended up getting my hands on a 3070?

5d.) I will take that into account when I decide on a monitor.

5e.) I will probably just do that. Its dumb that just adding gaming in front of a product makes it more expensive

4 hours ago, AkutoAkann said:

1.) That budget is a rough estimate and I did forget to account for tax. So I may need to lower the budget slightly.

5a.) Would it be better to get a i7 10700k or a AMD processor(I know significantly less about amd stuff)

5e.) I will probably just do that. Its dumb that just adding gaming in front of a product makes it more expensive

I'll try to answer these questions for so he doesn't have to:

5a) AMD CPUs have gotten more expensive and are harder to find than their Intel counterparts. AMD right now is only really king in the very high end (5900x and 5950x), and their relatively lower end stuff (5800x and 5600x) gets beaten in price and mostly matched in performance. In most games with a 3070, a 10700k will perform about equal to the 5800x, give or take a few FPS, but costs $100 less and has the same number of cores. 11700k is their new version, but it is close to the same price as the 5800x and matches it's all around performance at best, but with extreme thermals. TL;DR: Go Intel unless you're planning on spending over $400 on a CPU.

5c) A 3070 could be run on a 650w, but it depends on if it's a high quality one or not. My advice would be to get a high quality 850w so you have the option of going with a 3080 in the future.

Taking into account budget and that you just threw in a bunch of random monitors, I edited my parts list suggestion to take in those things

I put in a 3070 for the going rate of most of the AIB cards, since scoring an FE card is very difficult, but most of the $600-700 aftermarket cards, like the XC3, TUF, Dual, etc. are (relatively) easy to get, and probably the card you have the best shot at. I changed the keyboard out for a cheap mechanical keyboard, it's $10 more expensive than a cheap membrane, and while it may not be a great mechanical, almost any mechanical keyboard will be better than a membrane. Finally, I swapped out the Windows 10 key for one from a key site, they can be had for $35 all day, and even if you have to buy 3 to get one to work, you'd still be ahead in the end (it's pretty unlikely that you get one that doesn't work in the first place). Using the tax rate around me (7% sales tax) the total would come to $2206, right in line with your budget, and would probably end up lower if you get a better deal on a 3070. 

On 4/10/2021 at 10:38 AM, AkutoAkann said:

Sorry for the delay, I was out on a fishing trip with family.

5a, AMD is slightly better, but also harder to come by and a bit pricier for the category you’re shooting for.

5c, the problem with getting a weaker PSU is that if you upgrade in the future, you’ll have to swap the PSU then.

If there’s a good high wattage psu for a bit more, it’ll save you headache and money in the future.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming