Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first Pc build... plz help

Budget (including currency): 
My budget is around £1750 can go higher or lower

This is my first ever pc, i've tried to do as much research as I can but feel I need some help...

Country: 

UK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 
I will primarily be using this for gaming, its the main reason why I'm looking into getting a new pc, as my day one edition xbox one is just not cutting it anymore, I will also be using it for my zoom lessons for uni as well as some music production.

 

The types of games I play are mostly open world titles like Gta and assassins creed, as well as some fps games like COD. Some of my favourite games consist of, Gta 3-5 and vice city and San andreas of course!!, Red ded 1 and 2, The mafia trilogy, the assassins creed series, the new Tomb raider games, the Yakuza franchise, Forza horizon 4 etc... 

 

Other details 

The only thing I have already is my monitor which I will be upgrading at some point, it is an LG Ultra wide 25um58 monitor,

I am also aware of the chip shortage and that it will take a while to get some of the parts I want. I will be mainly purchasing my items from where ever is selling them cheapest to me at the time, from places such as Amazon, Curry's, Overclockers, 

 

I have tried my best to do as much research as possible, Im aware that I may need to do a bios update with my mother board as i'm getting a 5000 series cpu, also I have tried to figure out which keyboard would be best for me from videos as with current circumstances meaning that everything is shut so I cant go and try anything...

 

Here is the parts list I have come up with:

 

Graphics card:

Rtx 3060ti

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB

 

Ram:

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200

 

Motherboard 

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F

 

CPU:

Amd ryzen 5 5600x

 

Ssd

Intel Solid State Drive 660P M.2

 

Power supply

Corsair RM750

 

Case

PHANTEKS Eclipse P600S 

 

Mouse

Glorious model D

Keyboard

GMMK pro ansi full sized

HK Gaming 108 Double Shot PBT Pudding Keycaps

KAILH BOX BROWN SWITCHES (120 PIECES)

 

 

Any help would be welcome, like I said, this is my very first pc...

 

I do plan on building it myself, although I can imagine it make take a few hours just to get the thing together...
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nolan_the_G said:

wouldn't 4x8 3200mhz be better?

is the mobo able to run in quad channel, if it is this would be better i think, Also seeing 4 sticks would look better than 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nolan_the_G said:

is the mobo able to run in quad channel, if it is this would be better i think, Also seeing 4 sticks would look better than 2.

Im not too fussed on how many bells and whistles the pc has, as long as it can do what I need it to do

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpMooN said:

Im not too fussed on how many bells and whistles the pc has, as long as it can do what I need it to do

yeah than thats more than enough ram, youll be set until ddr5 comes around and is normal

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nolan_the_G said:

yeah than thats more than enough ram, youll be set until ddr5 comes around and is normal

over all though, do you think this is a good system? I just dont want to waste any money 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SpMooN said:

over all though, do you think this is a good system? I just dont want to waste any money 

Yea its good besides the gpu...

Instead of that model get the 

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X Trio

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Max L said:

Yea its good besides the gpu...

Instead of that model get the 

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X Trio

what makes the msi better? from the reviews I watched on utube and from what I could read the gigabyte geforce one was better??

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

quad channel is not supported on AM4 so there wouldn't be any real benefit in going 4x8 vs 2x16. what's more, 3600c16 ram is faster than 3200c16

oh thanks, I didn't know that... when you say quad channel isnt supported, do you mean it runs each stick of ram in pairs rather than individually, so you could have four sticks in theory ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SpMooN said:

what makes the msi better? from the reviews I watched on utube and from what I could read the gigabyte geforce one was better??

cooling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SpMooN said:

what makes the msi better? from the reviews I watched on utube and from what I could read the gigabyte geforce one was better??

Google said its better duh lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SpMooN said:

oh thanks, I didn't know that... when you say quad channel isnt supported, do you mean it runs each stick of ram in pairs rather than individually, so you could have four sticks in theory ?

Yes you can have 4 sticks, but they will still run in dual channel, with two sticks per channel

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×