Pc internet speed way faster than on ps5?

Chameon

I always got on the ps4/ps5 an average internet speed of 30mbits max. with an ethernet cable (i think the cable is CAT6 i it could help)

(my family's wifi has a max of 100mbits), i thought to be normal because i use a wifi repeater and would lose some speed, but when i did a speedtest on pc with the same ethernet connection and even same cable

It was around 50-70mbits internet speed.

So i am really frustrated right now why am i getting double the internet speed on pc even my ps5 is much more powerful right now?

I hope somebody can help me

237e3f7_1.png

1268ef0_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, Chameon said:

(my family's wifi has a max of 100mbits)

What speeds do you guys pay for? you say WiFi, but that's just a medium to trasnport the data. are you talking about the speed you get when connected to WiFi rather than a physical connection?

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

33 minutes ago, Chameon said:

I always got on the ps4/ps5 an average internet speed of 30mbits max. with an ethernet cable (i think the cable is CAT6 i it could help)

(my family's wifi has a max of 100mbits), i thought to be normal because i use a wifi repeater and would lose some speed, but when i did a speedtest on pc with the same ethernet connection and even same cable

It was around 50-70mbits internet speed.

So i am really frustrated right now why am i getting double the internet speed on pc even my ps5 is much more powerful right now?

I hope somebody can help me

237e3f7_1.png

1268ef0_1.jpg

it's very hard for me to understand what is your configuration so can you please connect both devices with the same cable to your ISP modem and test again?

16 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

What speeds do you guys pay for? you say WiFi, but that's just a medium to trasnport the data. are you talking about the speed you get when connected to WiFi rather than a physical connection?

I am talking about a physical connection 

7 hours ago, MAXXPRO said:

it's very hard for me to understand what is your configuration so can you please connect both devices with the same cable to your ISP modem and test again?

these 2 pictures are with the same cabel on the ISP modem

2 hours ago, Chameon said:

these 2 pictures are with the same cabel on the ISP modem

ISPs are known to release the throttle they put on your network when they detect that you're running a speedtest. Try various speed tests and see if your speed remains the same on the PC. And in the same light, try running the speed tests on the PS5 a few minutes apart. If you find an issue where only certain sites keep a high speed, call your ISP and complain. 

11 hours ago, Chameon said:

image.png.c6fef40ea77055532f6b23de7d77586d.png

is this playstation network integrated test? it's filtered by sony so you can't compare those two numbers. can you run speedtest from the ps5 web browser?

also type2 nat is not good for online play, just set your ps5 to a fix ip address and set it to DMZ from router

the PlayStation speed tests aren't accurate at all,  I get crazy variations in speed using ps speed test,  don't even worry about it your actual delivered speed should be fine... 

PlayStation Network is kinda notorious for not delivering full speed, especially in certain areas. I have a 200Mbps Down, 20 Up connection that my PCs, cell phone, and tablet will max out no issue. My two PS4 Pros will both hit about 125-130Mbps down and about 4-5 up (one Ethernet and one WiFi). My original PS4 will hit about 65-70 down and also 4-5 up on WiFi and match the Pros on Ethernet (Original and Slim PS4s have inferior single band WiFi). The built in test goes through PSN but I bet if you tested through something else, you'd get better results.

PSN speeds used to be horrendous. And actually they still are for PS3 and PS Vita/PSTV. Max I can ever get my hardwired PS3 is about 25 down and 2-3 up. Both my Vita and PSTV will only do about 10-15 down and 2 up (that's with the PSTV on Ethernet). I remember that's why I started using Amazon Video way back in the day. If I got a movie on PSN, I would have to download it first because the streaming was so bad (and the download took forever). Yet, I could stream from Amazon (and really anybody else) without issue, even on my Wii U. The Wii U's Ethernet speed was probably worse than the PS3's WiFi. PSN was just that bad.

On 4/8/2021 at 9:23 PM, MAXXPRO said:

is this playstation network integrated test? it's filtered by sony so you can't compare those two numbers. can you run speedtest from the ps5 web browser?

also type2 nat is not good for online play, just set your ps5 to a fix ip address and set it to DMZ from router

Unfortunately no caise the ps5 doesnt have an internet browser.

But like you and the other members of this forum said if this test isnt accurate then i dont need to worry

Thank you very much for the help guys! 🙂