Laptop wont boot into bios

Hey,

Laptop IdeaPad 330s 15ARR

With added 4GB DDR4 and 1TB HDD 128 GB NVMe SSD separately. 

I have been going back and forth between windows 10 and linux mint and now I am running Windows.
I wanted to try linux again since I like it very much but the gaming support is the thing that pushes me away.

Anyways so I was ready to install linux again, shut off the laptop and then powered it back up while spamming the F2 key which previously got me into BIOS but now it didn't work and my pc just went straight into Windows.

Also, if I push the NOVO button and enter the novo menu, any option i chose just boots Windows, no option brings me to bios, even "Boot Menu" returns me to windows.

Things i ve already tried :

Turn off fastboot
Update BIOS ( was already up to date )
Downgraded the BIOS to various versions
Remove CMOS
Remove battery and CMOS for one day
Hold power button for abrupt shutdown and power it back up while hitting F2.
Holding FN+F2
Trying every single function key
Using an external keyboard
Tried Hotkey Mode On/Off ( Read below for how i changed this bios feature )

In BIOS secure boot is off ( yes i can enter the bios, but in a very sketchy way, not the usual way )

And my laptop is 100% off, no soft shutdown or anything. I am absolutely certain that I'm correctly trying to enter BIOS since I've done this countless times.

The only way I can get into the bios is by using advanced restart feature of windows 10 but still it is not normal for me to not be able to manually enter bios after shutdown.

And I don't want to try installing linux knowing I can't get into BIOS without some OS feature because if my linux install fails somehow, and i m stuck without a functional OS then I wouldn't be able to enter it manually.

Also, I wanted to boot into some usbs and after every boot using usb sticks( i used 3 different ones ) my boot options names were doubling for example :

1st time

1.Windows Boot Manager
2. NVME SSD
3. HDD

2nd time
1. Windows Boot Manager Windows Boot Manager
2. NVME SSD NVME SSD
3. HDD HDD

The 3rd time the names became longe, the 4th time longer, and so on and I don't know what is wrong with my laptop.

So what should I do to repair the BIOS?

Edited by PandaxUlt

Remove the drive with Windows,boot,then put the drive back.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Remove the drive with Windows,boot,then put the drive back.

Thanks for your response.

I forgot to mention I have 1 hdd and 1 ssd installed. 

And yes, your solution would work but what if I want to install a new OS on that specific drive that told me to remove? The drive wouldn't show up in the os install setup because it wasnt initialized at POST.

And if it somehow would work it is still a sketchy solution, i want the laptop to function like any other, press F2 on boot and enter bios, not having to open the whole laptop and remove some drive etc.

Just now, PandaxUlt said:

Thanks for your response.

I forgot to mention I have 1 hdd and 1 ssd installed. 

And yes, your solution would work but what if I want to install a new OS on that specific drive that told me to remove? The drive wouldn't show up in the os install setup because it wasnt initialized at POST.

And if it somehow would work it is still a sketchy solution, i want the laptop to function like any other, press F2 on boot and enter bios, not having to open the whole laptop and remove some drive etc.

That's not a solution,I agree with you.

But it was a good test,could be a bug in the BIOS.

Try removing the Windows drive,clearing CMOS,boot the PC,turn it off and then put the drive back.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

11 hours ago, Vishera said:

Try removing the Windows drive,clearing CMOS,boot the PC,turn it off and then put the drive back.

I will try in a few days, i am currently not at home. I ll post when i have the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted this multiple forums and no solution worked. Nothing works at all.

How can I repair my bios, also look at this boot order and tell me it s fine:

( All that is plugged in are HDD and nvme, but their names shouldnt be repeating )

20210420_134041.jpg