no VAG today unfortunately

Speak for yourself.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

Sony had a much better idea for a product like this a few years back. Can't remember the model number though and it doesn't seem to be on sale any more either sadly.

Their version was also a smartphone clip on, but rather than attach directly to the smartphone lens it connected to your phone through a dedicated Sony camera app. The lens itself was also a full blown DSLR lens like they used in their actual cameras, only modified with wireless and removed the screen and buttons etc... but kept the sensors and other picture taking hardware.

I don't know how it performed and how well people received it, but a modern version with a high MP sensor and same DSLR type lens could still be something people would want to buy. Although I admit just getting a proper camera (as expensive as those can be) is probably the better tool for the job if you want the best images.

2 hours ago, kubsakkk said:

no VAG today unfortunately

VAG? Whats that?

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

I have a set of budget clip ons and a few of them give semi decent results after a little cropping most of them are not great. I have a longer zoom that I lost but the few times I tried it out...well I just bought a used $100 point and shoot with 12X zoom to use instead if I need to grab something farther away on a nature walk. I get the appeal of this, you don't want to lug around a bunch of gear everywhere but you also see great shots everywhere. I've learned that composition, composition, composition will make even a mediocre camera take a great picture.

So I heard him say "better spent on a decent secondhand body and a basic lens." I was wondering where I could start with that. My fiance is very into photography and I think it would be awesome to be able to get her something cool like that. Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sad to see LTT still not releasing their images, I understand not many want too look at them but their claims are weird threw out the whole video, and therefore requires us to "trust" them with their images displayed in the video (that goes threw 2+ compression stages) along with their words. So I challenge that.

My biggest issue is LTT not telling us whether or not they turned off any settings within the apps or let the phones go full out, so I assume they would do what many would, throw on the lens and not change any settings in app.

The first telephoto for the iPhone looks like it was heavily processed to display the structure whereas the Moment lens was showing the sensors raw capabilities.

The 18mm image vs the ultrawide, the 18mm might be blurry and illegible but it is still a better detailed image outside of the wording, reminds me of the 1990s home film, vs clearly computerized image. FYI if you asked me to tell you what that sign was for either image, I would only be able to guess "lob" if was only able to look at them briefly... If I sit back and focus hard enough (on my computer) I can actually read lobster off the 18mm image, just barely but still.

image.png.290735c9419d07e2a103149b459add56.png

Same with the Note, while I don't like the blue fringe around the statue it still looked like it produced a far better image in terms of detail. Now here is why I think this test is useless, the Moment mount on the Note looks like it consumes the whole camera array therefore it only uses the 108mp sensor (as mentioned) which is only a wide angle sensor where as they are using a ultrawide angle lens to compare it with, no one in the film industry would ever do that with lenses, hell there is absolutely no excuse to do it here next to being lazy compare sensor to sensor. Also how is the Moments object closer than the ultrawide version? A blind person could tell the object is clearly optically closer in the ultrawide vs the wide with the Moment lens attached. On a side note the flare and fringe may have been caused by you moving as both images are not equal, the background building shows more to the left in the ultrawide while the building to the right shows more on the Moment lens. The real face plant (I'm not trying to be mean, but) here is neither the ultrawide nor the Moment lens but the person who wrote that part of the script. They both did a great job, the Moment looks like it turned the wide 108mp into a near ultrawide with 108mp, but maybe shifting the image to the right was deliberately done to prevent people seeing that? I seriously question if the flare and potentially the fringe would have been there if they just squared up with the statue, seriously you are not trying to get a creativity award here you are trying to display the lenses/sensors abilities, you clearly didn't physically move, but I have my doubts your hands where anywhere close as they should have been for both pictures.

For the 58mm it actually provides better detail than the original lens does, however since there is no way to actually fix the issues it is showing (there might be via manual control) as it's a fixed lens over a lens the main lens wins by default but by no means is it better quality wise. In fact you can actually see the better quality in the second image:

image.png.e94c1da575dc0fcb29fbd12f8f2bc54a.png

Its main issue is down to the fact it's a fixed lens, and possibly the user using the phone.

The end videos conclusion well yes/no. Don't buy these lenses, end of story, buy a P&S instead like the old days you'll likely find it easier anyways then trying to fuss with in app settings and the lens itself esp if only used for family meetups etc. Buying a used body/lens as mentioned in the video? Only if you are genuinely interested outside of that, no either stick to a P&S or your phones camera.

4 minutes ago, Sounder1990 said:

So I heard him say "better spent on a decent secondhand body and a basic lens." I was wondering where I could start with that. My fiance is very into photography and I think it would be awesome to be able to get her something cool like that. Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Check out this section, maybe create a topic with country where you live and budget, someone will likely help you out 🙂

https://linustechtips.com/forum/31-photography-and-videography/

9 hours ago, NZgamer said:

I think that's the Verified Actual Gamer programme Linus is trying run so that he can resell GPUs to people if they can prove they're a gamer human

Makes sense for shorting the name down, could swear i had seen it from somewhere. Being up late did not help me 🙂

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

On 4/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, xnamkcor said:

Does Moment make Macro lenses?

Yes, they do. A 10x lens, comes with a diffuser that is the perfect focal distance for sharp pics, but you can take it off and go "nekkid".

I have a Pixel 4XL, and this first pic is attached to the 'main' rear lens:

Spoiler

PXL_20210413_004843420.thumb.jpg.5b605245ca926f10a815f4b23663f409.jpg

And the next 2 are with the lens attached to the second lens (2x):

Spoiler

PXL_20210413_004915605.thumb.jpg.f99b186b1db3d8f4c88a4a753e0cc789.jpg

PXL_20210413_004932437.thumb.jpg.77ad17313724e16c5d105f95d98b89e7.jpg

I use this at work for taking pics of small parts at work. It's a shame they didn't touch on it in the video...

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

1 hour ago, The1Dickens said:

Yes, they do. A 10x lens, comes with a diffuser that is the perfect focal distance for sharp pics, but you can take it off and go "nekkid".

Maybe I'll try it out and compare it to my 2 dollar set from the dollar store, or my pocket microscope, or my amazon one that mounts to a case that came with it.

Edit: I just realised you said, "perfect focal distance". Which made me realise we're probably not talking about the same "macro".

Edit: "Macro 10x Lens $129.99 USD".

I think I just puked a little in my mouth. Sorry. No, thank you.