Swedish furniture, sound art??

Frugivore8894

Summary

Ikea and Sonos are going to work together to make smart speakers in the form of art. 

Quotes

Ikea and Sonos are starting to tease the next products that the two companies have collaborated on. The furniture giant today posted an Instagram story that directly mentions the “Symfonisk” line and flashes the Sonos logo at the end, so there’s little doubt that new hardware is coming soon. Two fresh filings have also just appeared at the Federal Communications Commission.

My thoughts

This sounds (pun intended) really cool. I would love to have a more hidden speaker that blends in with the room better. I do think that they have to get it right for this to do well. 

Sources

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/4/6/22370130/ikea-sonos-symfonisk-2021-lamp-wall-art-artwork-speaker?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Anyone else thought of the rumors album when they read that title?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

12 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

cwelch_190724_3559_2256.jpg

doesnt really look appealing

Looks like an apple homepod with a lamp attached to it.

17 minutes ago, Frugivore8894 said:

Summary

Ikea and Sonos are going to work together to make smart speakers in the form of art. 

Quotes

My thoughts

This sounds (pun intended) really cool. I would love to have a more hidden speaker that blends in with the room better. I do think that they have to get it right for this to do well. 

Sources

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/4/6/22370130/ikea-sonos-symfonisk-2021-lamp-wall-art-artwork-speaker?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I did graphics stuff for a car speaker manufacturer for a short time.  The secret to speakers is speaker enclosures became silly in the 70’s. there’s a program that is so old it runs in DOS that automatically designs speakers and speaker enclosures.  The entire industry is almost entirely about marketing and has been for many years. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

We have had these available in Australia for some time now, I've got two of the Bookshelf variant that I have mounted to the bed in the bedroom.

I've not had to turn them up past 50% even when running the shower to hear them clearly.

For $150 AUD, there's not much that can beat them imo.

If they release a sub, I'll be replacing my study speaker system with two, and the sub, and I'll be purchasing a third shortly for the home gym.

The only thing left to be desired is bass, however decent subs in both the living room and study so I'm a bit biased.

Here's a link to what the range looks like; https://www.ikea.com/au/en/cat/wi-fi-speakers-46194/

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Looks like an apple homepod with a lamp attached to it.

Is my mind that much dirty or it looks like a penis?

Okay, the speakers look pretty nice - talking purely aesthetics, mind you - and they also sell "covers" in blue and red, to help make them blend with your decoration.

That table lamp, though... Uh...

12 minutes ago, Kadzo said:

Is my mind that much dirty or it looks like a penis?

Uuhh.... 🥴

Hasn't this been a thing since 2019?

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.