Looking for suggestions and advice on PC Build

Eliam Dar

Budget (including currency): 300.000 AR$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games mostly

Other details: Got a 3070 RTX at MSRP so the GPU is covered.

I am planning a build to upgrade my current system, and take full advantage of the GPU (as well as changing some budget parts I have in my current rig).  Not so many budget constrains, so trying to make a High end one.

---------

Current working build is as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X

MB: MSI X570 MEG ACE AM4 WIFI (probably will have to flash bios for the CPU)

RAM: Currently waiting on availability but leaning towards something like 2x16 Hyperx RGB 3600. Tridentz are a bit difficult to find in my country, but there is an extensive selection of Oloy, ADATA and Neo Forza, but I am not sure if they are any good.

GPU: Already sorted, 3070 RTX. This part is already installed in my current PC.

SSD: Probably 1 M2 with 512gb for OS and 1 M2 with 1tb for games. Will reuse a 1 SSD 1tb and 1HDD 3Tb from current build. Here I am not that sure, first time ever using M2, will probably use ADATA...not sure which.

PSU: Trying to get at least 700w, ideally 750. Cooler Master or Thermaltake (Modular of course)

Cooling: still trying to figure if I should use Liquid or Air cooling. If liquid, I'll probably use Aerocool Mirage L240 ARGB, mostly because aesthetically looks nice with the case I want. Mounted in the top.

CASE: Aerocool Tor Pro ARGB full tower.

So, any suggestions?

Yes I know it is overkill, but think of it as an enthusiast build.

Prior working build was an i9 10900k...and I might go back to it because it is a bit cheaper, although most of the components remains the same. Except of course MB.

I am updating from an i7 7700k...but, the case and MB are....to be frank...awful, since it was more like a "I need to build something quick" rather than "I need something good". The RAM on this i7 is a 4x8 HyperX 2400 black, which I am guessing I could use temporarily while waiting for decent ram to appear on the stores.

9 minutes ago, Eliam Dar said:

Cooler Master or Thermaltake (Modular of course)

Welcome to the forum!

Firstly, many other brands exist. You might be able to get a better PSU from someone else.

10 minutes ago, Eliam Dar said:

Here I am not that sure, first time ever using M2, will probably use ADATA...not sure which.

Ok so there's an LTT video on this, but not all SSDs are equal. Many cheaper adata drives don't have a dram cache. This means performance will be slower. 

11 minutes ago, Eliam Dar said:

Cooling: still trying to figure if I should use Liquid or Air cooling. If liquid, I'll probably use Aerocool Mirage L240 ARGB, mostly because aesthetically looks nice with the case I want. Mounted in the top.

You pick. Personal preference. More to go wrong in a AIO but should be fine.

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

A-Data also have some really sweet DDR4 DIMMs at regular prices. I'm currently using their XPG Spectrix D60G 16GB kit and i'm beyond satisfied. Look for it if you have it available in your country.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

33 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

A-Data also have some really sweet DDR4 DIMMs at regular prices. I'm currently using their XPG Spectrix D60G 16GB kit and i'm beyond satisfied. Look for it if you have it available in your country.

Sweet, I might use it then.

41 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

Welcome to the forum!

Firstly, many other brands exist. You might be able to get a better PSU from someone else.

Ok so there's an LTT video on this, but not all SSDs are equal. Many cheaper adata drives don't have a dram cache. This means performance will be slower. 

You pick. Personal preference. More to go wrong in a AIO but should be fine.

Well, in that case I'll look into aerocool PSUs or similar. As well as that LTT video regarding M2 drives. Thanks.