Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

Here's a thought since you did that compensator build and the old but expensive at the time computer part videos. Why not make a Mini (inefficient and why the hell would you buy this) compensator.

It would go like this
1. Buy the most expensive APU CPU processor that is out that is unlocked either Intel with their HD or AMD with Ryzen and Vega (Latest Gen though and your pick whether Vega or Intel UHD) such as R5 3400G or similar for Intel
2. Buy the best motherboard on the market that supports said APU and allows OC of the CPU and maybe even GPU in BIOS (unless using Intel XTU or AMD Ryzen Master or if it works with MSI Afterburner) [X570 or Z390?] and can max out the RAM slots and RAM capacity of it (max I read is 64 GB so won't be 256 GB like Compensator 3 or 128 like the original 2 but should still be it

3. Get the fastest compatible DDR4 on the market that you can attempt to RAM OC or not and leave it on XMP. DDR4-2933 from what I read in Dual-Channel Mode but y'all the techies.
4. No GPU. You are only running the APU but throw a Titan Xp if people go "But Linus, what about Mini compensator with a Titan or 2080 Ti Linus"

5. Water. Cooling. Water-cool that son of a APU. We want as much OC we can get or as low temps we can go (hell throw in the Chiller)

6. Make it look fancy and RGB like similar to Compensator or something LTT themed or showcasing why the hell not to buy a APU and water cool gear and OC the crap of the CPU and APU chip and get a GPU and real CPU

7. All else the same, NVME, same title testing as always or like Compensator 3

8. Noctua fans pls. jk

9. Explain why this is not a good build to do but it was just to experiment if you had a burning pocket to do so, (what would you get and at what equal match performance to actual hardware?)

Hope this idea gets considered in the writer room.

Hello you guys my name is Felix. I just wanna 1st say that im a huge fan of you guys. Second id like to suggest or challenge(if thats even a thing) you guys to try and fix the connections off of my Gigabyte RTX 2070. Whether it is by transplanting connections from one gpu to another(which i could provide both)(or if its even possible) or by trying to see if you can make the card work at 8x instead of the full 16x. But if youre not into this kinda work i understand. I should also add that it gets power to everythingbut the mobo doesnt recognize it.. See attached photos.

20200528_094244.jpg

@Linus Sebastian

I saw this Youtube video the other day I was wondering how these drives would perform on home labs for HCI vSAN cluster, may be you can setup a three node vSAN All-Fassh cluster similarly and run HCIbench (https://flings.vmware.com/hcibench) to show how home users to can take advantage of Liquid Element PCIe cards for home labs.

Lately my phone an iPhone 11pro died and with it I lost all of my phone data with it, although I pay for 200GB of iCloud storage and also setup for WiFi sync on my MacBook but still rahe latest backup that I got was of mid March 2020 and like always apple doesn’t take any responsibility towards recovering or restoring your data.

While searching for a solution I stumbled upon three solutions 1) iMazing 2) anytrans 3) easyus apart from the official iTunes and mac Catarina solution towards backing up your iPhone whenever it is on the same WiFi network as your pc.

As I have a NAS unit by Qnap TS-420 at my residence which I also use to backup both my PC and Mac I want to repurpose my spare PC Intel Gen IV i5 with 16 GB DDR3 ram as a media Center/ NAS / phone and PC daily / weekly backup machine, I think this phone backup problem is a problem that a lot of us face no matter if it’s an android device or IOS device or windows PC or a mac 

I would like to see if you can make a video solving this problem where a headless machine can be setup doing daily or weekly backup of all your devices without any human intervention.

What if you do a video where you Match a Viewers Budget to build a gaming rig. Someone gives a thousand, $1500, $2000 or whatever it may be, then you guys match it (with the help of a sponsor) and build an awesome computer for the subscriber. I have the cash to upgrade from my laptop to a proper pc but I keep thinking, imagine if I doubled it!

What do you guys think?

Found something on eBay that gave me an idea.

For about $150, you can buy old laptop motherboards with pretty good dedicated graphics (i.e. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/794987-501-HP-Envy-15-with-Intel-i7-5500U-GeForce-GTX-870M-Motherboard/233592673972). If a cooling solution could be fashioned up, it could be an absolute price-to-performance king with an external monitor and some kind of jerry-rigged case.

Setting a world record for the most digits of Pi calculated could be interesting. Almost all of the world records for the past 10 years or so have been on relatively mainstream hardware using y-cruncher. The world record would probably take 3 or 4 months to beat due to the time it takes to calculate, but a main channel video could be made in a normal amount of time by calculating a smaller number. The program heavily relies on storage space and cpu power. I like the idea, and I think this could work well for one of the more "techy" videos on LTT.

Thanks for reading

Saw a video by Robbaz today and he made a joke about setting up a 360 degree OLED display and that LTT had probably already done that.  If you guys haven't, you definitely should.  Here's the video for reference. 

bv14-aRs5YQ  (Comment is at 8:47)

I know a youtuber In need of a nas He really want to get a jellyfish yeah this is not going good

https://youtu.be/-SOxt_ST9yw

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68.

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell prebuilt (main) - i5-6400- 20GB ram - 500gb HDD dvd 

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD roms 

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Not really sure if that one belongs here but concerning those ROG build-offs it would acutally be really interesting if the winner of the contest could team up with Dennis to build the PC. Because there is often that gap between the contestant being either too shy or not experienced enough and Linus who then either just gives the correct answer or does it himself. But it would be even funnier to see someone team up with Dennis for a project like that 😆

In the never ending list of internet scams to explore and debunk.

Totally real online income EP 27:
"

EXCLUSIVE Free Online Training Shows

"The Simple 2-Part System We Use To Make Multiple 4 Figures Per Day From A Laptop Anywhere In The World"

(Without Overhead Costs & Technical Skills)"

and the very next thing I get an ad for is

overnight millionare wesley -google

"

OVERNIGHT MIND-HACKS SECRETLY USED BY THE RICH & FAMOUS...
(Warning: 95.7% Of People Cannot Watch This Video To The End, because they lack focus & concentration)

Three in one day damn, Linus please start exposing these people.
sevenfiguresmarketing()org/elite-course

they even have a youtube channel

Learn How I'm Making $400+ Per Day With CPA/Affiliate Marketing & Paid Traffic!

FOUR ADS in a day for the internet business scams
kieranlewis()com
Start A Hyper-Profitable Online Business Using Disruptive New Chinese Technology

FIVE AH AH AH. 5 BS ONLINE BUSINESS ADS IN A DAY

p()digitalnomad()com
*The 3-Step Process I Used To Get Paid $9,000/Month For One Social Media Post

3 more quick scams

www()justgiveitashot()com
(IT'S A FAST AND ETHICAL WAY TO MAKE AN INCOME IN THIS ECONOMY AND IT'S EXACTLY HOW I STARTED before I HAD the FANCY CARS, PENTHOUSE, & TEAM OF 25 EMPLOYEES)

Maxscourses()com
"Book a FREE Strategy Session With an eCommerce Expert "
"These strategy sessions are usually $500 per hour."

sellformefunnel()com
"I Teach People How To Turn Digital Information Products And Services Into Revenue

--Michael Bashi"

get in quickly LTT team, scam slots are going fast.

bonus 1:
digitalnomad()com

Redirects to
onlinesignspinning()com

"How I created a full-time income online with ZERO technical skills, ZERO prior experience and ZERO credentials"

uno mas
go()masterfba()com
Ad opens with a ton of cash on the floor.
"The Fastest Way to an Amazon Business in 2020"

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

hello,here's a little guy from China.Do you have interest in "cloud" thing.

I'd like to introduce an open source(which also has a enterprise version) private cloud product called ZStack.It is builded on Iaas.

here's the homepage:  

Chinese https://www.zstack.io/ 

English https://en.zstack.io/

The cloud can be installed within 30mins(not kidding),it is definite a easy-use cloud platform.

It is made on KVM which means  it is not builded on openstack. The boss of the company find it has so many problems using other cloud service on the market so he built his own company and coded the program himself.I believe hybrid cloud will be the trend.

I have close contact with the boss of the company,if interested,contact me.

email: jiawei.ji@zstack.io    (I am not the employee, just have a email in company)

I was wondering if Linus would get some itches for the opportunity to cool even the ram sticks with this new AIO from thermaltake and if cooling them will improve the system performance

link

spacer.png

Dear LTT team,

thank you for the channel. Would it be possible to do a show about system configurations suitable for deep learning applications? Something along the lines of a low, a mid and a high end system? 

thank you and best regards

Mathias

Any plans on a video about the current state of the LTT gaming lounge? 

Hi, 

I would like to make a request that you cover this monitor as it is one of the most popular brands in singapore. It has a great deal of features(27 inch, 144hz, 1440p, HDR, 1ms, ips panel) at a really low price compared to other brands.
Its called the PRISM+ F270i PRO. I would appreciate it if you could cover it.

Thank you.

more brandon camera videos.

we know they aren't the most popular but common

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review      Buy my old RX 580

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, rokinon 25 T1.5, Helios44-m, Sony FS700R, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I really want to change the "wake word" on my Alexa. I am so sick of accidentally setting it off since my son's name is similar. It would be fun to name her "wire Tap" or "System Call (sao reference)" Apparently there is a fix for this and I thought Linus and Alex might have fun with it. It involves 3D printing, and a raspberry pi3+. You can also do it to google home. https://www.instructables.com/id/Project-Alias/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard Asus Tuf B450 Gaming Motherboard RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass

Storage: Samsung - 970 EVO 500 GB M.2 NVMe SSD PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2xASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor

Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI

Sound: Corsair VOID RGB ELITE 7.1 Channel Headset Operating System: Linux, Windows 10 PCPartPicker URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bZNZfhttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bZNZf

1) The new Google Pixel Buds

2) Do a vid on a good "Airmouse" keyboard/controller, since the one Linus has shown using when streaming from home is no longer on the market. 

3) When starlink comes out, do a vid on it

4) use a breakout board or something to turn good products with Micro-USB to USB C

A review of the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex would be nice. It has a built-in S-pen and a QLED display.

Could you do a video comparing cooling results of different fan configurations around a large CPU heat sink, such as for example a Noctua NH-D15? (I know you got at least one of those) I've seen configuration with just one fan in the middle, or with one fan in the middle and one on the outside. But what about trying some other configurations? One in particular I would be interested to see is having three fans along the outside, all blowing inwards on the heat sink. Two of those fans would be blowing in directly through the fins of the heat sink, so it's symmetrical, one for each fin-tower, so the air gets blown to the middle between the two towers. The third fan would blow from one other side to get the general air flow to move from the middle outwards (and upwards) to the sides which are not covered by fans.

The regular way Noctua has the two-fan-configuration pictured seems a bit odd to me. I mean, I'm sure they've ran lots of tests to get their product to perform great, but isn't the hot air which is being blown out from the first cooling tower getting sucked in and blown through the second cooling tower by the other fan? Anywayz, I'm a sucker for symmetry, so the regular configuration is just a bit less appealing to me. Would love it if you could do some testing.

Edit: For the three fan configuration I described I was picturing this with a horizontal motherboard positioning, like on a test bench.