Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Do a video on the new AYANEO Air OLED! I would love to see you guys' opinionspacer.png

Hi LTT,

In addition to the nothing phone video, I would like to suggest Linus doing a "rant video" as he has been done in the past about cell phones (including the nothing).

Many of this manufacturers, don't go through ATT certification, making them basically 50% handicapped in the US to begin with (you probably should blame ATT on that ridiculous requirement), but more importantly, they leave out the 5G bands of north america, making these phone useless here even on TMobile.

I understand that with the discounts given by contracts, it is hard to beat the iphone in the US (as it is basically gives you usually 6 months of ``free'' service, when  the service in america is the most expansive in the world), nevertheless, there are growing number of people who use MVNOs like mint and us cellular and would like to pay a one time fee of around $300-500 for a decent phone and keep living the contract free life (not to mention tourists, are we back to this whole 3G bands kerfuffle?). 

There is a brand which recently released a portable pc (12 liters in volume), a video on that would be great and i already contacted the company and they'd love to provide LTT with their product, even while having less specs than the intel z2 mini it might just surpass it in real life conditions and all at the price of 850 Canadian dollars. With a 30 series GPU.

Try to build a 12900k/3090 system. But run it as cold as you possibly can without ln2 as a project. Maybe something like a freezer or active cooling.

What is the best Android emulator on PC?

As someone with a <$100 phone yet also a >$1000 laptop, I had to keep searching this over the past few years for various purposes and yet I still don't know the best answer. I keep finding BlueStacks as the top pick for most articles and yet I can't help but notice I keep having a bad time with it - be it a weird UI or suboptimal performance, I keep having to go back to Memu with its stock android experience.

All the articles I read only talk about features and very little about the actual performance. Most people want a quick answer to which emulator performs best for their chosen task (most likely a game) and yet none that I've seen has delivered. I'd love to see LTT give this topic a try. I think it'll fit the usual style and is still a pretty common search.

"USB 3.2 Gen 2x2"

I need this like I need air.

Buy a Lian Li Memorial 20th anniversary (Li PC-777) Case

11-112-084-05.jpg.b11efd480855aa6ff786c0b35711761c.jpg

Take the blower motor fan components out of a home HVAC blower:

1TDR3_AS01.jpg.d5899bb695d803e008657f0f903592cf.jpg

Retrofit it to the Lian Li case... build an SFF pc at the top... and test thermals. 

Thank you for your consideration. 

Spotifys forcing subscribers to view unwanted and inappropriate content

With a whopping 131 pages of feedback since 2019 Spotify is actively ignoring community pressure to give users the option to hide podcasts, instead forcing inappropriate content to the front of users screens on all devices (e.g. car radios, where you sometimes have to be ashamed whats shown on screen) only recently giving the option to hide single content pieces for 90 days (lol)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Podcasts-Option-to-disable-or-hide-podcasts/idc-p/5407356#M246414

Hi guys,

I have  a video suggestion for you. Let's say i'm a daily forex trader(not the crypto kind) and like gaming on my spare time while i wait for setups in the market. For an office setup i would need two separate PC's for gaming and for trading. We already know how to build a gaming PC thanks to you guys, but what about building a trading PC with 4 or 6 monitors.

There should be some priorities set for a trading PC:

1. Reliable - this PC runs 24/7 pretty much;

2. Silent - if you're sitting by it all day you don't want to hear none of it;

3. Make it as powerful as it can be without infringing first two priorities.

Best regards.

Hey guys,

Since cloud gaming is becoming a thing and is probably gonna grow even larger in the future how about a video about creating you own virtual gaming machine though Microsoft Azure or even Amazon AWS. Try to make it cheaper than the specialized companies out there.

I did found a blogpost from a guy who started experimenting with it here:

https://jimmyxiao.me/guides/technical/2020/04/28/azure-gaming

I think it would be interesting since its a little more advanced than subscribing to a service and could maybe save peoples wallets.

It would be cool to see a review/build with this motherboard of aliexpress. It's lga1700 and very compact and it's about 70$ or so. 1350398830-195375539.jpg.9fc3fd864e75b11a3de3ed6bf4b803b0.jpgScreenshot_20220721_091554_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.thumb.png.36cd63e6338fb6cf9aee05b5c78d2320.png

Hello

I got an old GTX 295 that might be interesting for a Video . Hope you can resist dissembling a Dual GPU 2 PCB Sandwich of a graphic card and bake it cos thats what you would need to do with it 😉 

If interested contact me so i can send it to you .

pc build that can 8k game inside an xbox seies s

must only use amd parts sleeper build

What channel would I suggest an extreme build to that used the best off the shelf parts that LTT staff and viewers can realistically get their hands on, but they used exclusively high speed fans such as these linked from Amazon for cooling? Amazon.com: Wathai 12038 120mm x 38mm PWM Computer PC Case Fans 5300rpm High Airflow 12V 4pin FG DC Brushless Cooling Fan : Industrial & Scientific Nothing below 5000 RPM unless there is no alternative, and populate all fan spaces. Cover how extremely loud it would be, how many walls would need to be between you and it, the fan curves used, and other build considerations such as current handling of controllers, custom loop watercooling fails, etc.

17 hours ago, Funsiz3dBlacksmith said:

pc build that can 8k game inside an xbox seies s

must only use amd parts sleeper build

I would love to see one of those that can be disguised as a Gamecube. :3

22 hours ago, GrnEyedMnky said:

Linus are these Medical monitors worth the high prices LG sells them for or is it just because they are branded Medical.

https://www.lg.com/global/business/virtual-showroom/medical-display

I remember seeing an in depth video somewhere about what makes "medical" monitors as such, and it has to do with how they show the darker colors. (They would be great for gaming but not for consuming content, in fact.) They are also calibrated clear out of Dodge City, and may also be at least a couple times brighter than a GOOD consumer panel. There really is a tangible difference between medical displays and regular consumer displays.

I think you should do a Video on Modern Gaming on a Sony Wega KD-34.. And maybe try to find a company making modern CRT Monitors with all the latest features.

HDMI Mirroring / Switching in home theatre setups and options.  the market is flooded with these devices but reviews are all over hte place and you cant find anything reputable on any of them 

Don't really know where to post this, so whatever. Earlier today, in WAN Show, Linus mentioned building a tea PC for Spiffing Brit, and had some ideas with Luke, and one of those ideas was a teapot-shaped system. The tube pouring part could be something like this.

Hi LTT,

Over the years, I've enjoyed seeing new staff arrive and their presenting skill improve. I assume LTT provides some sort of training. Assuming the training is in-house, I'd love to see a video (or series) of on-camera confidence training. Youtube might not be the ideal medium, but perhaps Floatplane or Skillshare?

All the best,

Craig

Triple 8K LG ZX-88 Inch on a RTX 3090TI  or a 4090

Last WAN show had some discussion about SI component pricing, and the cost of water cooling and the sort of tech support it entails. It would be cool to have a secret shopper comparison of similarly specced top of the line soft tubed and hard tubed custom water cooled systems from the most well regarded SI and hardware vendors that offer building services(Microcenter is one in NA). Also, it would be interesting to see who performs best when manually tuned to the max, considering these are all supposed to be overkill systems. 

Can you select "identical" components from a vendor that would outdo the SI ones when tuned? Who has the best customer support? who offers the best price? and who offers the best build quality?
Find out on the next episode of Linus Tech Z

Budget Gaming PC vs Budget Gaming Server.

As a hoarder of Ex Enterprise Gear I'm rocking various HP DL380 G6,G7,G8 Servers as my home lab day2day desktop and gaming PC. The burning question is how does something like a Sub £500 HP Proliant G8 server with a GPU strapped into it actually compare to a modern PC on a similar budget.

Not sure how pricing shakes out on used market in Canada but in UK I can put together an ex enterprise server with something like:

2 x e5-2630's

128GB DDR3

for ~£200-300 if get a good used deal

Can bump CPU's to something like the E5-2667 v2 or e5-2643 v2 on used markets for another ~£100.

So assuming you pair above with a sub £200 GPU how much performance  etc are you loosing compared to an similar priced i5-10600 or other budget rig. 

Maybe even a scrapyard wars type idea where it based on ex enterprise gear. 

HP G8 Spec Sheet

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03235277

My gut tells me that a modern PC is the way to go but deals on ex enterprise gear headline spec per £ is always so tempting and keeps stuff out of landfill but is it really saving anything or is a new-12month old tech really a that much better than the enterprise tech of 6-10years ago.

Maybe an interesting one as an investigation type video.

I just had an encounter with google about the google for families support in the Netherlands,
and in the way he is speaking it sounds like this is the way they treat everyone world wide.

In the google agenda I deleted the familie calendar on accident, something that according to said support should not be possible at al,
worried that the calendar was gone completely since I'm the owner of the famille I checked with the other member and concluded that the calendar is still there.

So the calendar is not deleted and is there, but support can't do anything about it and acts like you're stupid.

There is no button to be found to re add the calendar, and in the families dashboard it says the calendar is active and happily redirects you to the calendar view.

The first thing support suggests you to do as well is "to leave feedback about the found problems on the google for families support site, this way google knows about the problems you encountered". So google support suggests to leave feedback about the problem on the site so that google knows about the problem you are currently mailing about with google support....

The only true suggestion google for families support gives you is to just share an calendar with everyone in the familie, so google for families suggests to not use google for families features... The problem with shared calendars in google is dat at the end of the person it is shared with it is labeled external and so not shared with 3rd party calendar apps like apple calendar.

Oh yeah, support also suggested to not delete calendars I'm still planning to be using, this was a reaall sneaky personal attack after a couple of mails.

After being mad at them thru mail that it is stupid they can't help with a simple issue like this. "recovering a calendar that still exists"...

(really just restoring a link with my account and the calendar, a link that should not have been possible to be deleted in the first place)
they end up saying, "Google calendar is a product that is free, and so google does not provide separate support."

Meanwhile the product: "google for families" the support department I'm mailing with is a free service from google as well...

It is a very gray area, and it is interesting to advise others on this gray area.

It's al fun and games, but when something goes wrong, google is not always you're friend...

Oh yeah, google doesn't miss you, he closed his last mail with,
I can't help you further, If you wan't to use another service that's up to you..

To be clear, I pay for a google one subscription, and would be happy to pay extra for the calendar functionality to work properly.

But apparently it's not interesting enough for google.

**There is still a small bit of frustration, my apologies, hehe