Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Reviews for 
)Intel A380 or their AIB version

)Desktop conversion RTX 3060M

would be nice.

Additionally now that the crypto market crashed and miners are selling their used GPU, how about another round or 2nd hand GPU buying guide?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

You’ve probably seen some cheap magnetic levitation desk “pucks”, and i saw the other day a speaker that floats and charges while floating, proving that it’s possible to easily (and relatively cheaply) transfer energy wirelessly to magnetic floating devices. So hear me out: floating wireless phone chargers. I’ve looked it up and there are a couple sketchy websites that seem to have “succeeded” at making such device (eg.: https://www.businessinsider.com/ar-design-ovrcharge-levitating-phone-charger-photos-2016-8?amp ), but i wouldn’t trust them so much as to buy the item from them. So the only solution would be to make a diy charger (which i absolutely don’t have the technical know-how to come up with). So i resort to you, LTT team: Please make such an awesome device a reality. If done right, it could even be placed inside a desk, so there would be a floating platform coming seemingly from nowhere that if you put your phone over it, the phone starts charging. It’s almost some sci-fi kind of cool. Thx for reading, and love from Brazil 🇧🇷😁❤️

Dumb idea for a video:

The OnlyFans PC

Not what you think, or maybe it is.

Get a massive off the shelf PC case. Take the shroud off the GPU board. No CPU cooler. Just pack it full of fans, like 30 fans. Get creative and see how long you can run the pc on just air before the CPU dies.

Yes, there will be sacrifices, but it will be funny to see.

I would love to see a networking video, just going over the networking configuration at LMG. Like what access points are being used, what's the router? How does it all work?

Have you all ever reviewed or covered high-end VR headset like those from Pimax or Varjo? I just recently started getting into VR and I'm curious about these high resolution, high refresh headsets. Maybe there are other headsets I'm not aware of like something that's primarily meant for professional use.

This has to have been suggested somewhere, but with Linus doing all these videos on making his new place Smart, I’d love to see at least a video about making an apartment, especially a rental, Smart. I’ve done a bunch of work in my apartment to add IoT and smart home functionality but I still struggle with some stuff. It’s very hard because A) you have no control over anything B) you cannot do any kind of real construction (even screws in walls will have to be totally fixed). And you don’t want to, because they can actually raise your rent for improvements you’ve made and you’ll have to either leave everything for the next tenant or rip it all out and re-construct everything back “dumb”. 

Well if Luke is getting a miniral oil pc. Why not have one with water cooled GPU 😛 Having a loop running through the submerged tank would be super cool!

So, you are not keen on becoming PC-builders. Fair. But listen.

Evaluating, picking and choosing components depending on use case is pretty much at the core of what you do and indeed what audience and sponsors enjoy. 

A video or two discussing and deliberating and explaining a build with a certain goal (be it budget, bling, sleeper, thicc gamer, ...) is up your alley. Then you can offer a limited number of that exact system for sale, assembled or as a kit. When sold out, another build can be rolled out, with a different focus. 

The video (or stream) of each config rationale and assembly will ascertain that customers are extremely well informed, and also function as the perfect build guide for that exact system (in case of kit).

(Custom made details and mods (panels and what not!) can and should be incorporated where appropriate. Like making a case better or cooler.)

Your commitment is limited at all times thanks to limited runs.and the concept can be scrutinized and tweeked along the way, meaning it doesn't have to be a fixed interval or number of units between runs.

Thanks for reading/

DIY vacuum bleeding a cooling loop 

Would like to see LTT do a Experiment video on Solid State Piezoelectric CPU Fan and GPU Fan to see how it performs compared to Normal CPU and GPU Fan if possible. 😎

You probably would need to design your own custom heatsink you can attach piezoelectric fans to.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LvckweOqjdk

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rn6qVv9HzHc

piezoflo_diagram.png 

@sparking_ I have merged your video idea into the LTT video suggestion thread. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

@sparking_ I have merged your video idea into the LTT video suggestion thread. 

Thanks! 😎

Maybe a collaboration with Tech Ingredients for the speakers they are presenting in this video could be interesting:

Linus' home theater would be an awesome place to test these!

Luke should build a case out of epoxy for a mineral oil PC

There was a discussion on WAN show yesterday about a new mineral oil build, and they were discussing how to make the case. People use epoxy or resin to make large pieces, even furniture, and it can be made very clear. The guy on this channel uses a product called 'liquid glass' to make really cool looking tables, and it's definitely strong enough:

I'm set to get the GPD Win Max 2 on Friday and am super excited to start playing with it. Presumably ya'll are also getting one - if you haven't already done so... I see at least two other people have 😉 

I've done a lot of tinkering with the Win 3 and specifically with windows power plan settings. I've found what I believe to be a great balance between performance and battery life, with minimal tinkering.

I'd love to share these settings/tools with you to try out on your own Win Max 2/other handheld (intel) PCs, if you are interested in trying them.

Hey there! I could have sworn you made a video on the Azeron keypad, but looking back it seems I was mistaken.
I bought one last year and was absolutely floored by the laughable uselessness of the design and the oversensitivity of the keys. I shelved it and haven't touched it since the first week.
I was considering selling it but can't be bothered, so I figured I'd make an account here to offer my keypad to LMG, either as a review video idea or just as a decoration (it looks WAY cooler than it actually is). It's a bit of an "old news" thing for keypads at this point, but it might still make for a funny youtube short xD
The keypad is an Azeron Classic, purchased from https://www.azeron.eu/. If you are at all interested, shoot me an address!

Using DNA as a storage solution

I’ve stumbled across this technology by pure accident. Basically, scientists are converting the binary data our files consists of into DNA. Giving us a near limitless file storage. The technology is still in its infancy but perhaps it would be an awesome video for Anthony to do? 🙂

Some information:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dna-the-ultimate-data-storage-solution/?amp=true

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/dna-storage/

How about a Video where you try to point a beamer on a tv. I wonder if it is possible to improve image quality in terms of brightness with that. But i think it will be a problem to get the pictures to overlay each other perfectly.

10 hours ago, Tomenon said:

Hey there! I could have sworn you made a video on the Azeron keypad, but looking back it seems I was mistaken.
I bought one last year and was absolutely floored by the laughable uselessness of the design and the oversensitivity of the keys. I shelved it and haven't touched it since the first week.
I was considering selling it but can't be bothered, so I figured I'd make an account here to offer my keypad to LMG, either as a review video idea or just as a decoration (it looks WAY cooler than it actually is). It's a bit of an "old news" thing for keypads at this point, but it might still make for a funny youtube short xD
The keypad is an Azeron Classic, purchased from https://www.azeron.eu/. If you are at all interested, shoot me an address!

Ah man, that makes me sad. I love my Azeron.

I've used:

Belkin n52te

Razer Nostromo (rebranded n52te)

Razer Orbweaver (two of them)

Razer Tartarus

Razer Tartarus v2

Logitech G...13?

And literally all of them except the belkin n52te (the oldest, which is hilariously still going strong, although I gave it to a friend forever and a half ago) have broken within 1.5 years from purchase.

That being said, maybe you haven't used a keypad, or just didn't give the azeron enough of a chance. Even with all of my 'keypad' experience, it took me a good week to get used to it, and at least another week to actually get proficient with it/bake in muscle memory.

Okay, rant time:

Can we get a video that explains what a "Bottleneck" actually is.

And why every single fucking person on the forum, and in Discord is wrong about it, and why every "Bottleneck Calculator" that exists on the web is entirely effing useless?

I'm so beyond tired of "Will this bottleneck me?"  "That will be a bottleneck!" when it has no bearing on actual reality.

12 hours ago, tkitch said:

Okay, rant time:

Can we get a video that explains what a "Bottleneck" actually is.

And why every single fucking person on the forum, and in Discord is wrong about it, and why every "Bottleneck Calculator" that exists on the web is entirely effing useless?

I'm so beyond tired of "Will this bottleneck me?"  "That will be a bottleneck!" when it has no bearing on actual reality.

there's always going to be a bottleneck somewhere, got great ram, great pc, great vcard, MS flightsim dumps a ton of critical processes onto a single cpu core, cpu bottleneck... Same setup, but your game dev used 8k textures for every small object in your fav game, gpu bottleneck, too many physics calcs CPU bottleneck, etc. It isn't so important that you know where your system is going to bottleneck, but it can be important to know if something feels like its running too slow, where to look to figure out what component is causing an application to bottleneck...

Or you could run a computational fluid dynamics sim and see some serious boredom for 4-400 hrs while it iteratively calculates a matrix of streamlines, which it turns into velocity vectors, which it turns into new streamlines, which in turn creates new velocity vectors, etc.. 

So you've made videos with liquid nitrogen... But you know there are things that makes liquid nitrogen... and henceforth go colder than liquid nitrogen ? I'm just gonna link the video of Veritasium on this pump that goes low enough to make liquid nitrogen ( it goes under -200°C, that should blow Linus' mind on the watt consumption and on overclocking and if you can put liquid metal between the pump's cold part and the IHS ... It will be even more effective than when making liquid nitrogen)

( You should probably contact the companies that make these cryogenic coolers to ask which one would be best or most affordable for your project, some might be able to run non stop at their rated temperature even with a cpu on it) ( Also if you want to also try with a de lid cpu and directly liquid metal from the die to the pump I'm not one to stop you ... x) )

You guys have already done a few of these but I'd really love to see more videos about adaptive/accessible/ergonomic peripherals and technology for disabled people, or even just talking about some of the problems that come up when designing, manufacturing and marketing these kinds of devices/products.