Refurbished 1060, did I mess up?

Zorrigan

Bought a refurbished 1060 from newegg because I needed a gpu. This is supposed to be a 3gb Zotac, but I can't seem to find one that looks like this online. It also looks like the IO plate was welded on, and it kind of smells like oil.

I am still waiting for a new mobo, current one is so old I'm hesitant to try it out in case I have some issues with my socket (I've been bluescreening with graphics errors recently prompting me to get a new card and mobo). I plan to replace this with an RTX card when I get to my turn in the EVGA queue... like 4 months from now. I talked to Newegg before buying it and expressed concern over spoofed GPU's and they assured me it's legit, but I don't know. Did I make a mistake?

1060 1.jpg

1060 2.jpg

1060 3.jpg

1060 4.jpg

1060 5.jpg

If it was fake, it'd have 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, and one DVI-I connector.

Yours looks like a 1060 3GB and I give a 90% chance that it will be fine.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

If it was fake, it'd have 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, and one DVI-I connector.

Yours looks like a 1060 3GB and I give a 90% chance that it will be fine.

but to be sure, he should install GPU-Z to make sure

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

Just now, ThatOneDunce said:

Aren't people able to spoof hardware readings too?

yes, but GPU-Z will tell you if its fake. windows wont, but gpu-z will. J2C has a video where he talks about that.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

Probably just dirty/tarnished from whatever refurbishing process they did. Only one way to find out

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for all the help everyone! Card is doing great! New case shipped with a defective fan that started sparking instantly, and a few other minor issues, but gpu is working like a charm.