Is HDR10+ playback using Chromecast with Google TV possible on any HDR TV?

I went crazy last year and finally spent the big dollars on an OLED tv, I ended up getting the Sony A9G as it was on special at the time.
This TV supports pretty much everything (Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HGL) except HDR10+.
What I'd like to know is if I plugged in a Chromcast with Google TV (which supports HDR10+ playback) into it and set it to HDR10 mode, would it display HDR10+ content, with the Chromcast handling the per frame luminance adjustments and just sending a 10bit HDR signal to the TV?
Anybody know or tried this?

HDR isn’t a standard, it just means it’s higher dynamic range than standard.

HDR10 is standard, which means not all televisions support it, but it is the lowest standard so far.

HDR10+ is a different standard with a different set of rules that’s somewhat compatible with HDR10.

If both devices support the same standard, then it should automatically handshake and start working.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Yes, I understand that. But imagine pluging a PC into a HDR TV and setting the graphics setting for the graphics card to 10bit RBG. I was thinking that at those settings it should be capable of displaying any of those formats as long as the player on the PC can decode them? Would it just send the now decoded signal with correct luminance values out for each frame and with the TV set to HDR10 mode it should accept the full 10bit RGB HDR range, maybe?? Not sure if it would work that way, but it seems reasonable to me? Basically just use the TV as a dumb monitor?

I may just have to buy a Chromecast with Google TV and see what happens. I have another TV that could use a Chromecast if it doesn't work anyway.
I'll follow up in a week or 2 and report on how it goes 🙂

The more I dig into it the more it seems you need end to end support on every device.

Seems strange as it's supposed to be a free open source type of format. With a PC set to HDR mode and WGC it should have the range necessary for displaying any of the formats as far as I can see and just rely on the decoding software of the player to send each frame of video with the required correct luxuriance values?
As for the Chromecast or other consumer player I suppose I can see the point, it would make it guaranteed to work, just plug and play, It just makes it annoying for someone like me trying to find a work around. 

with Amazon prime and several others starting to support HDR10+ it's just really frustrating Sony won't update their TV's with it, when the TV should easily be capable.

7 hours ago, Adrian_neuen said:

The more I dig into it the more it seems you need end to end support on every device.

Seems strange as it's supposed to be a free open source type of format. With a PC set to HDR mode and WGC it should have the range necessary for displaying any of the formats as far as I can see and just rely on the decoding software of the player to send each frame of video with the required correct luxuriance values?
As for the Chromecast or other consumer player I suppose I can see the point, it would make it guaranteed to work, just plug and play, It just makes it annoying for someone like me trying to find a work around. 

with Amazon prime and several others starting to support HDR10+ it's just really frustrating Sony won't update their TV's with it, when the TV should easily be capable.

Yeah, it has to be end-to-end: the playback device, the software, the screen.

You're running into one of the headaches of HDR: vendors are being stubborn all around. Many support at least HDR10, but HDR10+ only has support from a handful of companies like Samsung and Panasonic, while rivals like LG and Sony support Dolby Vision, but not HDR10+.

I lean toward Dolby Vision myself as an LG TV owner, but I do wish the industry would settle on a main format or at least broaden support across formats.

The only two reason I can see for them not supporting HDR10+ is if -
1 - They have some sort of deal with Dolby to get Dolby Vision cheaper if they don't support HDR10+, or
2-  It's just because they spent the money on DV licensing and now are having a sulk about a free version being developed after they spent the money.  
The first reason would be nice to know, it would at least then be understandable. But if it's the second, that's just shooting yourself in the foot in the long run and forcing people to choose rather than enticing people with the selling point of displaying ALL the formats unlike their competitors and selling more TV's?