Does putting a laptop to hibernate put wear on components?

Hi everyone, if put my laptop to hibernate all the time rather than sleep whenever I am not using it does that cause significant wear on the components such as SSD. Or is it negligible in that general use of the laptop actually puts more 'wear' on the laptop. 

Thanks

No, it just uses up more space on the SSD.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hibernate actually saves a copy of your RAM content to your primary storage media and shuts down the computer when its done. If for example, you are not using your computer for more than 1 hour, this can be more of a viable option and consume less energy than putting your computer on stand by, as the RAM and CPU consume a little bit energy to retain its data and waiting for interrupt signal from keyboard or mouse.

So back to your question whether hibernate could put stress on your component. The answer can be very complicated, but should be straight forward. The stress level face by the component can be the same as when the computer restarts. Since computer are more resilient, this stress won't degrade your computer in any way except for SSD, as your computer needs to write a lot of data to your SSD (and depending on your RAM size, the more RAM you have, the more data it has to write). But with the modern SSD can have hundreds of terabyte written before it fails, this proves insignificant.

In conclusion, putting your computer to hibernate or hybrid shut down (Windows way of 'shut down' your PC) won't wear out the component at all. Of course I don't suggest you to put your system to hibernate and turn on the system after 5 minutes of hibernation. If you felt like you need to access your PC in a very short while (in 10 or 15 minutes), you are better to put your system to sleep instead.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.