SHOW MY STYLE? Here it is: Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G 

OoDobyoO_CN

Summary

Xiaomi released 3 new phones on April 3. 2021, the Mi 11 Lite 5G is one of those. According to Xiaomi's official statement: This phone can show your personality, let's take a look!

Quotes

The Mi 11 Lite is the cheapest, thinnest, and worst SoC performance mobile phone in the Mi 11 series. This device is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G (Up to 2.4Ghz CPU clock). It has 3 colors: Truffle Black, Citrus Yellow and Mint Green. For storage and RAM, Mi 11 Lite 5G give us 2 options: 6GB RAM+128GB ROM or 8GB RAM+128GB ROM (Both are LPDDR4X RAM+UFS 2.2 storage.)

On the screen side, Mi 11 Lite 5G uses 6.55” FHD+AMOLED Dot Display and up to 800 nits brightness. The resolution is not that bad! It has a 2400x1080, 402 ppi screen with 10-bit color depth, 

5000000:1 contrast ratio, HDR10+, refresh rate 60/90Hz and 240Hz touch sampling rate. For battery, Mi 11 Lite 5G has 4250mAh!!! That's a lot of battery capacity, isn't it? And it has 33 watts fast charging.

Finally: IT'S CAMERA TIME! This device has 64mp main cam,(up to 4K@30FPS shotting) 8mp ultra wide cam, 5mp telemacro cam and 20mp front cam. And it just from $350.69.

My thoughts

This phone is very good for youngers about 20-ish years old. The color is beautiful, the screen and camera not bad, and SoC... Well, it's kinda "good" ? It just fine for youngers and "I DON'T WANNA BUT 11, 11 PRO OR EVEN 11 ULTRA!!!" pepole.

Sources

https://www.mi.com/global/product/mi-11-lite-5g/specs

https://www.mi.com/global/product/mi-11-lite-5g/overview

Written by myself.

Do something that I need to do.

MUG Player osu! | Polytone | Muse Dash | Arcaea | Cytus II | Phigros | Taiko | BMS | Orzmic | Deemo | Lanota ...

High-school student from China

Kudos to xiaomi for bringing Amoled to budget phones with high refresh rate!

That phone should be a Redmi phone, not Mi.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Can someone explain this to me?

image.thumb.png.5305e5f67505135b834beaa00a8ad3a6.png

What does this even mean? Is the processor the Snapdragon 780G or the 670 ??

I just don't understand mobile chipset. I thought Intel's naming scheme was bad, but mobile takes the cake with their platforms and CPUs being separate but share the same fucking numbers, yet they call the damn thing a "processor" instead of SoC or anything else.

Like trying to find info on that 670 on google and all the results are for this mobile platform from 2016:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-670-mobile-platform
which is the same one found in the Pixel 3.

Which is apparently completely different from the 670 found in this "mobile platform" :

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-780g-5g-mobile-platform

"Qualcomm® Kryo™ 670 CPU enables 40% higher performance and incredible power efficiency"
40% higher compared to what? 

What is this confusing mess.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Is the processor the Snapdragon 780G or the 670 ??

780 is the SOC name, Kryo 670 is the cpu name. In a big-little config they put multiple version of CPU.

SOC is the whole complex of processors not just the CPU, like an APU which also has gpu but in mobile it has all of the things in one complex.

Cellular processor, soundcards, GPS and image processor, just to name a few.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

On 4/3/2021 at 11:12 PM, TetraSky said:

Can someone explain this to me?

image.thumb.png.5305e5f67505135b834beaa00a8ad3a6.png

I just don't understand mobile chipset. I thought Intel's naming scheme was bad, but mobile takes the cake with their platforms and CPUs being separate but share the same fucking numbers, yet they call the damn thing a "processor" instead of SoC or anything else.

Like trying to find info on that 670 on google and all the results are for this mobile platform from 2016:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-670-mobile-platform
which is the same one found in the Pixel 3.

Which is apparently completely different from the 670 found in this "mobile platform" :

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-780g-5g-mobile-platform

"Qualcomm® Kryo™ 670 CPU enables 40% higher performance and incredible power efficiency"
40% higher compared to what? 

What is this confusing mess.

It's 780G

So this processor names "780G" and this processor's CPU calls 670

So https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-670-mobile-platform <--- this link is another processor with Kryo 360, so it's not the same of Kryo 670 

Do something that I need to do.

MUG Player osu! | Polytone | Muse Dash | Arcaea | Cytus II | Phigros | Taiko | BMS | Orzmic | Deemo | Lanota ...

High-school student from China

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Snip

"Kryo" refers to the CPU core used in the SoC. Think of it like how AMD calls the cores in Ryzen "Zen" or how Intel calls the cores in Rocket Lake "Cypress Cove". 

"Kryo 670" refers to the fact that this generation of Kryo core is named "670". It is unrelated to the Snapdragon 670 as "Snapdragon" is Qualcomm's brand for the entire SoC, which includes the Kryo CPU cores, Adreno GPU, ISP and accompanying modems and such. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

18 hours ago, TetraSky said:

As everyone else have said:

Snapdragon = The name of the brand for the SoC (GPU, CPU, and some other parts, combined on a single chip).

Kryo = Qualcomm's name for their CPU cores.

What makes things a bit more confusing is that Qualcomm no longer makes their own CPU cores, but they still brand them as their own. The 780G has four Kryo 670 gold and four Kryo 670 silver cores.

What Qualcomm calls 670 Prime or Gold are actually rebranded Cortex A78 cores.

What Qualcomm calls Kryo 670 Silver are actually rebranded Cortex A55 cores.

So the 780G has four A78 cores and four A55 cores.

To add to the confusion, Qualcomm also have different names for the same cores.

Kryo 360 Silver = Cortex A55

Kryo 385 Silver = Cortex A55

Kryo 485 Silver = Cortex A55

Kryo 670 Silver = Cortex A55

Kryo 475 Silver = Cortex A55

Kryo 680 Silver = Cortex A55

I could go on but I think you get the point.

If you wanna know which CPU core you're getting, you're gonna need to look it up and then reference it on some website like Wikipedia. Qualcomm aren't so keen on disclosing which ARM design they are marketing as their own.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I could go on but I think you get the point.

I don't. Keep going.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 4/4/2021 at 6:18 PM, LAwLz said:

What makes things a bit more confusing is that Qualcomm no longer makes their own CPU cores, but they still brand them as their own. The 780G has four Kryo 670 gold and four Kryo 670 silver cores.

What Qualcomm calls 670 Prime or Gold are actually rebranded Cortex A78 cores.

What Qualcomm calls Kryo 670 Silver are actually rebranded Cortex A55 cores.

I thought the only time they ever used a Cortex CPU was with the 810 and 808, where the latter flopped hard because they rushed it?

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

5 hours ago, YamiYukiSenpai said:

I thought the only time they ever used a Cortex CPU was with the 810 and 808, where the latter flopped hard because they rushed it?

Ever since the Snapdragon 835, Qualcomm has used "semi custom" ARM cores.

ARM allows companies to take their reference core designs and tweak them if they want. It can be things like changing the cache configuration. 

How many changes Qualcomm has made have have varied from generation to generation but it's usually very little. 

The last SoC from Qualcomm to use a fully custom core was the Snapdragon 821.

On 4/4/2021 at 3:12 PM, TetraSky said:

Welcome to the world of ARM and pick 'n' choose SoC design

On 4/5/2021 at 10:18 AM, LAwLz said:

If you wanna know which CPU core you're getting, you're gonna need to look it up and then reference it on some website like Wikipedia.

I tend to go to wikichip for information like this, both have it but wikichip as the technical detail and logical layout designs etc.