Running out of (upgrade path) ideas on this one.

Budget (including currency): 200$ (3 million IDR for Indonesian user)

I own this mistake of a first gaming rig at my disposal, and it is miserable to use.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $0.00
CPU Cooler Deepcool ICE BLADE 200M 42.95 CFM CPU Cooler Purchased For $0.00
Motherboard Asus M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard Purchased For $0.00
Memory Team Dark 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Purchased For $0.00
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 460 4 GB DD Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case DIYPC Solo-T2-BK Black USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $0.00
Power Supply FSP Group HEXA+ 500 W ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $0.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-03 09:39 EDT-0400  

And right now its just pulling duty of being a Minecraft box, and my little brother SOMEHOW tank the system at bed wars, with frames at worse being below 30 and having an input lag of google stadia in a 1mbps internet (so, shit). My dad insisted on 200$ budget to glow things up, and that's possibly firm. I'm planning to go used for this, but maybe someone here can pull an impossible and get all new on this price range.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

get some optiplex with i5/i7 and use that GPU on that optiplex

be sure to get the full tower version not the slim tower

So what's the limiting factor in what you're doing on the PC? It's most likely the CPU but just want to be sure

It could be the 8gb of RAM too, that could've been maxed out, or maybe there's too many background softwares running and a fresh OS install might improve things

I'm thinking it's due to the lack of RAM, 8gb just isn't enough for anything other than browsing nowadays

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

So what's the limiting factor in what you're doing on the PC? It's most likely the CPU but just want to be sure

It could be the 8gb of RAM too, that could've been maxed out, or maybe there's too many background softwares running and a fresh OS install might improve things

By far the GPU.

@SorryClaireSee what GPU you can get in your budget. Market's tough right now, Indonesia included. 1060 3 GB or RX 570 would make massive upgrade. The FX-6300 is still an okay CPU for gaming, and definitely isn't holding back an RX 460. It would pair well with the aforementioned GPU's.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

27 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Budget (including currency): 200$ (3 million IDR for Indonesian user)

I own this mistake of a first gaming rig at my disposal, and it is miserable to use.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $0.00
CPU Cooler Deepcool ICE BLADE 200M 42.95 CFM CPU Cooler Purchased For $0.00
Motherboard Asus M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard Purchased For $0.00
Memory Team Dark 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory Purchased For $0.00
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 460 4 GB DD Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case DIYPC Solo-T2-BK Black USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $0.00
Power Supply FSP Group HEXA+ 500 W ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $0.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-03 09:39 EDT-0400  

And right now its just pulling duty of being a Minecraft box, and my little brother SOMEHOW tank the system at bed wars, with frames at worse being below 30 and having an input lag of google stadia in a 1mbps internet (so, shit). My dad insisted on 200$ budget to glow things up, and that's possibly firm. I'm planning to go used for this, but maybe someone here can pull an impossible and get all new on this price range.

Minecraft java edition is known for having garbage optimization. I would definitely install optifine (https://optifine.net/downloads) and see if that makes a difference because in some cases it can literaly double framerates. Even if you do go out and upgrade your pc, I would install it, because there is really no downside.

Probably should have mentioned it, but to install optifine you need to have java downloaded for java.com

3 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

By far the GPU.

I ran an rx460 with an i5 6600 for some time, it's fine, plays MHW (2018 AAA game) just fine

I'd say the CPU and RAM because OP mentioned Minecraft, which is notoriously heavy on single threaded perf and RAM hog (to the point that I upgraded to 32gb from 16gb just for modded MC)

But OP can do some testing and determine what's the limiting factor, and we can go from there

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately