Should I download the updates ?

trkgmssy

Hi eveyone I'm trying to install a stable windows for hours. I tried everything but after doing the windows updates every single time windows files gets corrupted. I tried almost everything. This time disabled windows update and stopped them for 7 day. Can I use my system like this ? The build I got was from xx.11.2020 would it be a problem? Because I'm about the go crazy 馃槀

You should be fine to use your system like this but beware after the 7 days it will force you to install the updates before you can pause again.

There are workarounds to this but I'm not sure if they still work and they probably aren't great from a security perspective.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber聽// beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

If a fresh windows install corrupts itself straight away there is likely something wrong with your hardware.聽

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

If a fresh windows install corrupts itself straight away there is likely something wrong with your hardware.聽

Which part can it be ? I used PSU, SSD and GPU聽from my old setup rest is new.聽

B450M Mortar Max

R5 3600

MSI Gaming 1050 TI

240gb SSD(James Donkey not a known brand I guess)

500w Psu

Patriot Viper 2脳8 3200mhz Ram

For bios before installing my first Windows I updated the Bios to most recent version with M-Flash.聽

And installed the windows.聽

I don't even know what could聽聽be wrong I'm suspected from SSD in my old setup my pc didn't see the ssd a few time when booting. That might be the problem should I order a new one a known brand ? Sandisk or Samsung聽