Roasting Your WORST Setups

jakkuh_t
7 hours ago, derekewing said:

Its a bit of a work in progress, need to buy new mounting bracket adapters to get the moniters aligned better, add more ducting for extra cables, but its getting there.

I dd want 8K moniters but couldnt figure out how to get the right GPU  and cables etc to make it work in a 2x3 or 3x3 setup.

motherboard:  ROG Strix TRX4--E

CPU AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X 64 core

256Gb RAM

Had to buy sim racing aluminium frames to mount the monters and ended up building my desk from them too.

Its a bit of an expensive jenky setup, would have been nice with hardline cooling rather than these floppy things

IMG_8140.JPG

IMG_8141.JPG

IMG_8142.JPG

Why do you have a smart board hahah. Are you teaching or just think its cool ?

7 hours ago, SirMadHimself said:

Why do you have a smart board hahah. Are you teaching or just think its cool ?

I am software dev, since we can be in front of a whiteboard in an office any more, this just works way better than drawing large digrams with a mouse on the browser.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, jakkuh_t said:

Pc is under the table. Specs: 24 gigs of 3200mhz ram, 3200g, 512gig nvme ssd, Corsair 275r airflow, a gigabyte 550w psu, and a msi B450-A pro max. (the reasoning behind the large quantity of ram is that I had 8gigs then someone gave me 16 gigs for Christmas (and yes I run on an apu) 

5372C1BF-CC76-4A05-8A36-0788D89ED83A.jpeg

image.jpg

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

c7d2ff45-e922-43c1-b477-976938d31cda.thumb.jpg.f0e850970c49bc1f21b4807b4495a6bc.jpg

Yes i'm a monster with tons of cables. Yes the monitor on the right is a laptop monitor. Yes the other one is 720p and requires external cooling. No, the usb fan is not for that, it's for me, because that monitor is basically a stove. And the webcam is also 720p, and keyboard, mic and that ups in the corner are 15 years old. BUT the pc has wheels so i can carry it to the printer in the other room, and who wouldn't want to carry his computer around like a toy car?

On 5/5/2021 at 6:40 PM, derekewing said:

I am software dev, since we can be in front of a whiteboard in an office any more, this just works way better than drawing large digrams with a mouse on the browser.

Nice! lol i actually think its cool but i gotta sound like im roasting you for the memes 😛

These are some of my setups on budget. I like to switch up stuff a lot but with same things as seen. Everything together cost near 1000 dollars. Everything is bought from Kijiji for way cheaper price.

Bought my laptop Asus ux430ua for 180 dollars, iPad air 3 with case for 200, 2 monitors for near 100 dollar each. K380 keyboard and MX anywhere 2s mouse. 

Screenshot_20210512-163751.jpg

Screenshot_20210512-163739.jpg

Screenshot_20210512-163605.jpg

Screenshot_20210512-163545.jpg

Screenshot_20210512-163532.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

897701498_IMG_MJL_-Canon-in-da-pocket-_20201226_173148.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

On 4/24/2021 at 1:28 AM, Vishera said:

That's a weird fan configuration,you have fans that just blow air at nothing.

Yeah I was troubleshooting some issues and thought maybe it was heat related. I added a bunch of fans to get more air flow (even though it is a mostly open case Core P3). Plus I just happened to have a bunch of fans. AC is coming from the right side so wanted to push all the cooler air through. Issue was sporadic and only popped up during folding or gaming at max. I live in Texas and have a window AC unit so outside temps plus PC temps would heat up the room over longer sessions. Issue was some cheap Ebay ram I bought.

Kinda Late but, maybe they'll roast my setup if they make a "part 2"

The Desktop is made of Glass "Panels" (made by me) the Keyboard/Mouse panel is "retractable" I made it with a rail on it & Yes it's not only a Small Form Factor Office Prebuild PC... it doesn't even have a GPU! 😂 (I'm from Venezuela & Economy is fucked up in summary so... by the time i'm unable to buy one, still trying to get a GT 1030 as soon as I manage to 👌

Specs: Intel Core i3 3220 (3.30Ghz), 8GB of DDR3 RAM at 1333Mhz, 500GB HDD, and yes... VGA Monitor using 1440x900p at 75hz 😬

1621812612629.jpg

On 5/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, Takarashi said:

Kinda Late but, maybe they'll roast my setup if they make a "part 2"

The Desktop is made of Glass "Panels" (made by me) the Keyboard/Mouse panel is "retractable" I made it with a rail on it & Yes it's not only a Small Form Factor Office Prebuild PC... it doesn't even have a GPU! 😂 (I'm from Venezuela & Economy is fucked up in summary so... by the time i'm unable to buy one, still trying to get a GT 1030 as soon as I manage to 👌

Specs: Intel Core i3 3220 (3.30Ghz), 8GB of DDR3 RAM at 1333Mhz, 500GB HDD, and yes... VGA Monitor using 1440x900p at 75hz 😬

1621812612629.jpg

I have the same kind of mouse as you, only in black.

• 1 month later...

please roast my pc 

IMG_20210705_233835.jpg

IMG_20210705_234051.jpg

IMG_20210705_234055.jpg

IMG_20210705_234116.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, you think you can beat me? thing again fool!

GPU - GTX 1060 3GB (second hand) works fine I think, the best part about my build, I saved for it for like over a year (100$ second hand)
CPU - i3 6100t bottlenecks everything ugh
RAM - 2 sticks of 4gb ram, crucial and some unnameable company one of which is half fried or maybe that is my motherboard because it keeps crashing and idk its weird and hard to explain

MOBO - gigabyte H110M this could be fried too, sometimes it doesn't boot and I have to short the psu from the switch and turn it on again very quickly to get it to rowk
PSU - CORSAIR VS 450 idk if this works completely fine I do hope it does.
some random HDD drives I think the 500gb one with my system on it is broken maybe it is the oldest 7 years old or something or less

MONITOR - LG M227WA 1080p 60hz monitor, this thing stops working if randomly and I have to slap it to get it back, epic I like

KEYBOARD - GIGABYTE k83 keyboard, cherry mx red I think this is the only good thing other than the part where some key randomly doesnt work and I have to smash it a few times to get it back, not often though

HEADPHONES - OneOdio something something headphones which broke thrice and the support sent me broken ones after 7 months of paitence
MOUSE - Razer Deathadder Essential the other only good part about my build I bought this recently because I am tired of my right clicks breaking
CD ROM FOR SOME REASON - an optical drive that isnt connected but still rests in the PC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I did have a meter wide massive cabinet filled with cds of movies and stuff

IMG_20210721_041939.thumb.jpg.4ccfaf64eca0729d7796bb3e677f8790.jpgIMG_20210721_041921.thumb.jpg.5eb706d79f28f1477c539feaff1c1165.jpg

istg do not tell me to upgrade ヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ

• 2 weeks later...

First build! Have almost no idea what I’m doing but for now I am using a folding table and a couch for my setup! Also what kind of work in progress!!

Specs:

Cpu: Intel I9-9900k

Gpu: GeForce RTX 3090 FE

Motherboard: Aorus Z390 Pro WiFi

Memory: 4x Vengeance pro 3600Mhz 32Gb

Cooling: 10x Corsair ll 120 rgb

Cpu cooler: Corsair icue 150i elite

Psu: Corsair RMX 850w 80+ gold

Case: Corsair 5000x Rgb

Monitor: Alienware AW2721D 27”

Mouse: Corsair Nightsword

Keybord: 10$ piece of garbage I got at Walmart in a pinch

2A967EF1-721A-4D35-932E-E9B417C62DEB.jpeg

6DC3F889-3CBA-400C-A894-42C9A0979085.jpeg

58B43762-1257-463F-8A63-68BA05160988.jpeg

image.jpg
Also my boot fails like every 10 times and I have to turn XMP off for it to start. I can then turn it back in after.

This whole setup i built for under 1k$, 1080ti, nothing major. but i do major in the audio department area, im running a 5.3 channel audio system, mainly Klipsch Products when it comes to the speakers and subs [Rt-50 surrounds, kw100 sub, kb15 mains {in photo}, along with two jensen xs1212 subwoofers, paired with a technics sh-ge50 7 band stereo equalizer, Magnavox MRD200 reviever and  ESA (Old af) Stereo amp 😄
Im known as the Hifi Guy at my school lol

PSX_20210731_215613.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is my setup I watch videos on YouTube not gaming and sometimes playing games because I get rage when I'm playing a video game like roblox obby's I get mad from it and if you upgraded my processor the ram the storage in my laptop and etc my version of my laptop is windows 10 pro this seems to be a windows 7 home basic laptop after I upgraded it to windows 7 professional and to windows 10 pro and I was to add Kaspersky and anti virus app the me and girgus helped me with the anti virus setup to windows 10 pro n and we couldn't unlock my password and now to windows 10 pro again and do not roast my set up ok linus and my processor is a core I5 and I need to upgrade my processor to core I7 in my laptop ok Linus and upgrade my storage to my storage is 500 gb and I need 2 tb of storage to my laptop because what if I want to download games in to my Microsoft store or sometimes I do videos and streaming because I don't do videos and streaming because I'm shy so please Linus upgrade my laptops components please youssef from helwan Cairo Egypt I love u Linus 😘😘

16318869453446486475769926161579.jpg

This once was my main PC, when my parts didn't arrived yet, it has tape in some places, no 64 bit CPU support, at least it worked with an Core Duo 1.66 GHz and 3 Gb of RAM, used with Linux Mint 19.3 (this pic was after I got my PC parts, did a halfintosh with it, not that stable but was fun)

6clzj3b9bqv61.jpg

For Unique levels of uniqueness (and jank)

The computer itself is..moostly fine? but then their is the cable management. Or lack of.

the computer was from skytech, and a rediculously nice gift from family.It's a skytech arch angel I added a regular SATA drive because the SSD I added died after a whoping 3 months of use. The monitor is new and for me huge, and fantastic my previus one came with a del. decades old. and eventually gave up the ghost. so now I have this um "unique"  almost Dave level of jank here. in the picture is the dead SSD, my gheto computer table. Fresh New Mexico layer of dust an external drive for back up and a table that needs cleaning. a Razer keyboard with their greens IIRC it's a huntsman. a POS cable modem. and POS, but working speakers. I had some really nice ones set up on ledges, alas those died. they were creative lab something or other speakers. the yellow strip is for pictures like art, alas I found it out doesn't work well for the bad paintjob on brick.-_-. the Wireless  router was on GP.  and works great, mostly ish, but windows hates automatically connecting to it. because, windows? oO

For the eagle eyed: yes, this is indeed a just regular old HP monitor. I love it!  I know I got the mouse from amazon. But I just can't remember the brand off the top of my head. The black dot is just chipped paint.

gorks_unique_setup.jpg

2 hours ago, Mjetektman said:

This once was my main PC, when my parts didn't arrived yet, it has tape in some places, no 64 bit CPU support, at least it worked with an Core Duo 1.66 GHz and 3 Gb of RAM, used with Linux Mint 19.3 (this pic was after I got my PC parts, did a halfintosh with it, not that stable but was fun)

6clzj3b9bqv61.jpg

CRT monitor ? if so that just adds lots of points! love those things.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:08 PM, RaideNz7 said:

Here's a messy build for u

20210916_010443.jpg

20210916_010518.jpg

ah see the medicine is front and center! ok so I have to ask: how does this 3 monitor thing work?

• 2 weeks later...

First post , First PC build  

With the help of LINUS TECH TIPS I Built this PC about 3 months ago after my old HP died . Figured I would start PC gaming , unfortunately with the whole graphics card mess 

I can't afford a GPU ( currently saving ) . Down the road I'll pick up a few games like cold war and metro exodus and Final fantasy online after I pick up a GPU ( most likely a 3000 series , possibly a AMD I'm not picky ) 

raspberry pi b+ will be a retro pi for games down the road 

Ryzen 7 5700g 

MSI b550 gaming plus MOBO 

G.Skill Trident royal Z 32gb 4000 mhz ram ( crome )

Corsair rm850 PSU full modular ( white )

Vetroo v5 CPU cooler 

Zalman R2 (white) atx case 

El cheapo Asiahorse magic-e ARGB fans ( stupid 6 pins with hub that's why CPU fan didn't match) 

Seagate Barracuda Q5 500GB M.2 nvme ssd 

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

When I got the mousepad I measured the desk wrong and got a mouse pad that is about 2 inches to big, but I love it anyway!

MySetup1.jpg

MySetup2.jpg

20 minutes ago, Cynical8 said:

When I got the mousepad I measured the desk wrong and got a mouse pad that is about 2 inches to big, but I love it anyway!

MySetup1.jpg

MySetup2.jpg

I did the same thing but i got about 9 inches hangin off the left side of my desk

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I know its not a pc set-up but I think I could've done better🤣🤣🤣 and the last photo of my pc setup not an imac if that's what your thinking its a hackintosh with a 2080ti. On mini itx board. I9 9900k. 32gb corsair vengeance ram. Internal photos coming soon and build notes to on how hard it was to fit everything in the imac case

Roast me if you can

20201120_161022.jpg

20201120_142040.jpg

Resized_20200707_123243.jpg

On 5/5/2021 at 4:18 AM, derekewing said:

Its a bit of a work in progress, need to buy new mounting bracket adapters to get the moniters aligned better, add more ducting for extra cables, but its getting there.

I dd want 8K moniters but couldnt figure out how to get the right GPU  and cables etc to make it work in a 2x3 or 3x3 setup.

motherboard:  ROG Strix TRX4--E

CPU AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X 64 core

256Gb RAM

Had to buy sim racing aluminium frames to mount the monters and ended up building my desk from them too.

Its a bit of an expensive jenky setup, would have been nice with hardline cooling rather than these floppy things

IMG_8140.JPG

IMG_8141.JPG

IMG_8142.JPG

That is the opposite of a worst setup, that looks like a dream for flight/racing sims and productivity with the threadripper. 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

1 hour ago, thehotdogman said:

I know its not a pc set-up but I think I could've done better🤣🤣🤣 and the last photo of my pc setup not an imac if that's what your thinking its a hackintosh with a 2080ti. On mini itx board. I9 9900k. 32gb corsair vengeance ram. Internal photos coming soon and build notes to on how hard it was to fit everything in the imac case

Roast me if you can

Resized_20200707_123243.jpg

For the iMac setup, why are the monitors so spaced out bro like put them next to each other then it will look better, you have to turn your head less, and it takes up less space. As for the effort of putting a 2080ti in it, I would like to see a video/tutorial on that because that just...seems impossible. 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!