Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Judge Rules Apple Knowingly Sold Defective MacBook Pros

6 hours ago, Commodus said:

Apple does set lofty expectations that aren't entirely merited; the machines are designed by humans, and they're not made in factories sprinkled with pixie dust. But I do think Apple's emphasis on higher-end machines, and a certain attention to strong basic design, gives it an edge in quality over much of the PC market... certainly a lot of the low- and mid-range offerings out there.

It's actually not the design problems that are the issue it's the response to them that is the problem, like the keyboard issue. Nothing wrong with trying something new, something very wrong to basically refuse to even acknowledge it for as long as legally possible.

Where as for example there was a bad batch of batteries supplied to HP for their laptops the issue was identified very quick, recall issued, problematic use case that contributed to the problem identified with temporary guidance to avoid problem on all batteries and then firmware fixes to permanently fix it. The entire process end to end closed within a few months.

Stories like above that involved Apple are unfortunately rare, it shouldn't be.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:25 PM, gabrielcarvfer said:

multi-billion dollar

multi-trillion, you mean.

Apple not fixing the issue for 15" MacBook Pros is stupid and never should have happened. Apple needs some serious reform, but Apple being Apple I don't see that happening anytime soon.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

SSD: 128GB

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 78C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~77C.

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

9 hours ago, Commodus said:

I'm sorry, but you've largely invalidated your argument by slinging "crapple," outdated Apple stereotypes and "retards."  Apple definitely isn't perfect, but I'm not going to discuss this with you again until you can write like an adult.

so you want me to start using normie names instead of winblows, crapple microshit,, scamsung, hell, loonix and fack os x, novideo, ayymd and shintel?

not gonna happen

9 hours ago, Commodus said:

I'm sorry, but you've largely invalidated your argument by slinging "crapple," outdated Apple stereotypes and "retards."  Apple definitely isn't perfect, but I'm not going to discuss this with you again until you can write like an adult.

I am not calling you a retard. Of course not. I am calling the people who told me to pay up, and then warned me to stop discussing this stuff on https://discussions.apple.com/ retards. I know that their products used to be good(first laptop was a macbook and had an ipod 5th gen video) and some still are good. But f*cking consumers with expensive and overpriced repair, and then whenever the issue is raised, saying "what about company X? Their y product had problems!" only deflects the blame at apple. Apple sells expensive products, less of them and uses advertising hyperbole. That''s why so much hate is directed towards it.

8 hours ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

I am not calling you a retard. Of course not. I am calling the people who told me to pay up, and then warned me to stop discussing this stuff on https://discussions.apple.com/ retards. I know that their products used to be good(first laptop was a macbook and had an ipod 5th gen video) and some still are good. But f*cking consumers with expensive and overpriced repair, and then whenever the issue is raised, saying "what about company X? Their y product had problems!" only deflects the blame at apple. Apple sells expensive products, less of them and uses advertising hyperbole. That''s why so much hate is directed towards it.

I know it wasn't directed at me; it's an offensive, childish term that makes clear you're not interested in a mature discussion. Please stop using it.

14 hours ago, Commodus said:

I know it wasn't directed at me; it's an offensive, childish term that makes clear you're not interested in a mature discussion. Please stop using it.

>internet discussion

> mature discussion

Nope. can't be it.