Intel has still not released drivers for the iGPU in Rocket Lake CPUs

Random_Person1234
Go to solution Solved by Random_Person1234,

Update:

It's now up. Download here.

According to Lisa Pearce (Intel Graphics Software Engineering Director), drivers had been going to OEMs for a while, the delay was publicly posting it.

Summary

Intel has yet to release a driver for the iGPU in the new Rocket Lake CPUs. It has been 3 days since the release of Rocket Lake. Some reviewers were able to benchmark the iGPU by using a special press driver.

Quotes

According to the official website, Intel has not yet released drivers for its 11th Gen Core series. At the time of writing, the only available download is the Performance Maximizer

We also did check on motherboard manufacturers’ websites, just in case, the driver was released by them instead. After checking numerous boards support pages, including all flagship modes, we found no new driver for 11th Gen Core S-Series onboard Xe Graphics:

The official driver should launch in the coming weeks, Lisa Pearce, Graphics Software Engineering Director confirmed on twitter

My thoughts

This may be disappointing to some, since some people may buy Rocket Lake for the iGPU because of the current state of the GPU market. I also don't know why Intel would release a major product and not have drivers ready for it at launch.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-awkwardly-forgot-to-release-graphics-drivers-for-rocket-lake

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

11 minutes ago, Random_Person1234 said:

Summary

Intel has yet to release a driver for the iGPU in the new Rocket Lake CPUs. It has been 3 days since the release of Rocket Lake. Some reviewers were able to benchmark the iGPU by using a special press driver.

Quotes

My thoughts

This may be disappointing to some, since some people may buy Rocket Lake for the iGPU because of the current state of the GPU market. I also don't know why Intel would release a major product and not have drivers ready for it at launch.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-awkwardly-forgot-to-release-graphics-drivers-for-rocket-lake

Funnily enough, you can get them through various vendor websites. Dell has them listed for their XPS 8940 models: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=xv5v3&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-8940-desktop.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Slightly unrelated, but I was shopping around for laptops and tried to avoid any with the Xe Max dGPUs because driver support seemed to be lacking a lot. Bad battery life, BSODs, slow downs, crashes, a lot of heat, they did not sound fun to use

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

Funnily enough, you can get them through various vendor websites. Dell has them listed for their XPS 8940 models: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=xv5v3&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-8940-desktop.

I wonder if that will work on a normal, non-Dell system. That driver was released a month and a half ago, which I find a bit strange.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

This implies it exists, it just isn’t being distributed correctly.  Arguably an even dumber derp.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Am curious about this, what would happen if you run one without another GPU? Do MS have a driver via Windows Update already for example? And the more modern way to get an Intel driver is through the Driver and Support Assistant app than a dedicated download.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Update:

It's now up. Download here.

According to Lisa Pearce (Intel Graphics Software Engineering Director), drivers had been going to OEMs for a while, the delay was publicly posting it.