Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What was the worst PC component/accessory that you regret buying?

4 minutes ago, LTT_fanboy said:

the gpu was listed as a 3090 ti and when i got it , it was a 1050 ti i got teh scammed T^T

Are you sure it's even really a 1050 Ti? It's probably a GTS 450. No way scammers send you something as valuable as a 1050 Ti.

Sincerely,

me

Just now, aisle9 said:

Are you sure it's even really a 1050 Ti? It's probably a GTS 450. No way scammers send you something as valuable as a 1050 Ti.

they said it was a 3090 and i paid 300-400 usd i dont remember what teh price was but they listed it as a 3090 lololol

Current pc for gaming , game making and editing

Spoiler
  • CPU
    ryzen 5 3600x
    4.6 ghz (OC) with NZXT AIO water cooler
  • Motherboard
    b450 tomahawk max
  • Ram
    (2x32) 64gb Corsair vengance ddr4 3200 mhz
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG strix gtx 1660 super
    6gb
  • Case
    NZXT h510 black case
  • Storage
    4tb rocket nvme
  • PSU
    1000w 80+ plus platinum
  • Display(s)
    dual curved 32'' 144hz monitors (sceptre)(connected by hdmi)
  • Cooling
    corsair fans RGB (1,500 rpm)
  • Keyboard
    redragon model S101-3 (WIRED)
  • Mouse
    redragon model S101-3 3200 DPI (WIRED)
  • Sound
    Butfulake over-ear headphones (BT)
  • Operating System
    windows 10 pro x64 bit

What im working on

Spoiler
CPU
Core i5-10600k
Motherboard 
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming
Ram
Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4000mhz 2x32 64gb
GPU
Nvidia rtx 3060 (from gamer girlfriend)
Case

Lian Li pc-o11dw 

Storage
1tb rocket nvme
PSU
950w 80+ gold
Display(s)
1080p 60hz testing monitor
Cooling
stock cooling fans
Operating System
Windows 10 x64
mining pc
Spoiler

CPU

intel pentium 4 @ 5.0 ghz

Motherboard 

ASUS P4P800-E

Ram

ddr 120mhz +20mhz 4gb (4x1)

GPU

2x radeon rx 550 25-33 mh/s

Case

Random case lying around the house

Storage

5tb wd blue hdd 10,000 rpm

PSU

1,200w 80+ titanium

Display(s)

ips panel vga 75hz

Cooling

custom waterblock for rx 550's

Operating System

ubuntu linux x64 , nicehash mining software

Kind of a 3-way tie for me between an ASRock N68C-GS FX, HIS IceQ 6570, and Corsair H115i, but I think overall the H115i takes the crown.

Both the motherboard and graphics card shit the bed, with the 6570 just conking out randomly and afterwards the mobo would just get more and more unstable, with the northbridge getting so hot it started to melt the fucking lettering off.

But the H115i was just such a letdown in all regards. Didn't really cool my G3258 much better than the 212 EVO I had previously (even when I set it to intake so it wasn't exhausting the heat from my 7950 too), and because Corsair in their infinite fucking wisdom decided to use airflow fans on a radiator, said fans hauled ASS trying to keep my coolant temp below 35C. Kinda wish I would have just nutted up to getting a Dark Rock Pro 4, but the idea of such a chonkin beast hanging off the board made me pussy out of it. And the cherry on top: I had two of them. The first one I RMA'd because it had a very slow leak around the barbs of the radiator after a few months. Nothing serious, literally just enough to keep the tops of the fittings wet. The second one had an trash pump from the day I got it and I just couldn't be arsed to try again.

But hey, at least now I have a beat-to-sin non-functioning AIO in the box that I still haven't been able to get rid of, and some bitchin airflow fans.

Hi I'm a trash can and I like getting warning points by a passive-aggressive mod for being passive-aggressive. Nice to meet you!

Also, the PSU tier list + cultists are a joke that nobody should actually take seriously

Main rig on profile

Zephyrus - Windows 7 side rig

Spoiler

AMD Athlon II X2 260 (undervolted to 1.225v w/ CM 212 EVO), 2x2GB 1333MHz CL7 HyperX, Asus M4A77TD, 120GB 840 EVO, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.6, EVGA GTX 960 SC, Enthoo Pro, Corsair CX750M, Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I w/ Centrino 6300, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB (Falcon w/ busted laser), XB1X 1TB, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB

That award would go to the EVGA 680i SLi that cost me 300 and couldn't run a Q6600 @ stock.

I'm sure there are others but right now that's the one.

I think a bios update later fixed it, but fuck that board I sold it after 2-4 weeks of frustration.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Frost Commander 140

Asus Strix B550-F | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200C14

EVGA 980 Classified | WD SN750 500GB+1TB

Seasonic Prime GX-750 |Fractal Design Meshify C TG

AsRock Z97 Pro 4, died (burned circuit) after 24 months so right out of warranty.

Then i replaced with a cheap ass msi h97 but i regred because i cant squeeze some extra juice out of my i5 4670k.

Another lemon was my netbook, Acer Aspire One 751h, it looked way nicer, with better design, battery life and bigger and HD screen compared to others netbook back in 2010, too bad has the weaker atom cpu ever and GPU acceleration compatibility was a nightmare due to powervx instead of intel designed integratore GPU

The first PSU I had in my old build before my current. It was a FSP Aurum S. I absolutely had no knowledge about PSUs so a friend recommended it to me and I went for it.

Unit works fine and all but I payed around the same amount as I did for my EVGA G3 but its non modular - terrible thick braided cables and considering the amount it had I basically nicknamed it "the squid". Also apparently its rating is a D on the PSU tier list. When I built my next setup one of my goals was to go modular and never look back.

Used -700% storage

I got a usb hub as a gift, but it was usb type 3 and required a separate power adapter, My old pc only had one usb port, but I upgraded soon after to my current laptop with two usb a and 2 type c, so I just ended up never using it

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

12 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Kind of a 3-way tie for me between an ASRock N68C-GS FX, HIS IceQ 6570, and Corsair H115i, but I think overall the H115i takes the crown.

Thanks for reminding me about the Enermax Liqmax 240S II that murdered my old i7-4790K lol. Once again, a lesson that a $45 AIO is probably a dangerous AIO.

Sincerely,

me

3 hours ago, Tristerin said:

Regret?  All of my PC components that I dont actually need.  I have more PC's, and components than people available to man them.  

BUT - that regret only sets in after I have done everything I wanted to with my shiny new toy, because Im like....now what to do? lol

And since I dont sell hardware...I then regret buying something I dont "NEED".  

BUT, it always provides me with a good time, so the regret is only realized after boredom sinks in 😉

You haven't seen what I've got laying around here - And I just bought something else last night:
And I've got multiples of at least some of them.

https://hwbot.org/user/bones/#Hardware_Library

As for regrets, well.... I guess that would be the Crossblade Ranger board, never ran well and I personally never used it for anything.
It's still around but now my dad is using it so, not a complete waste here.

21 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Thanks for reminding me about the Enermax Liqmax 240S II that murdered my old i7-4790K lol. Once again, a lesson that a $45 AIO is probably a dangerous AIO.

Also a lesson that a, like, $100 AIO is probably a bad investment too.

Hi I'm a trash can and I like getting warning points by a passive-aggressive mod for being passive-aggressive. Nice to meet you!

Also, the PSU tier list + cultists are a joke that nobody should actually take seriously

Main rig on profile

Zephyrus - Windows 7 side rig

Spoiler

AMD Athlon II X2 260 (undervolted to 1.225v w/ CM 212 EVO), 2x2GB 1333MHz CL7 HyperX, Asus M4A77TD, 120GB 840 EVO, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.6, EVGA GTX 960 SC, Enthoo Pro, Corsair CX750M, Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I w/ Centrino 6300, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB (Falcon w/ busted laser), XB1X 1TB, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB

300 baud modem. 1200 baud Racal Vadic modem would have been lot cheaper price.

it's fine.....it's nice......i like it

recently? gigabyte 3090

it's god awful, i can't even describe how much i hate it

but not enough to return it, still lol

i never returned an item before -thonk-

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

34 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

recently? gigabyte 3090

it's god awful, i can't even describe how much i hate it

but not enough to return it, still lol

i never returned an item before -thonk-

Sell it for a year of college tuition.

Sincerely,

me

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Sell it for a year of college tuition.

i have few options

1) sell it as you've said

2) send it in for RMA, complaining about the 110c VRAM temps and they'll probably offer a refund (but they might just send a card after seeing how much i paid lol)

3) deal with it (which im currently doing so, and hating it)

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

Can't really think of a bad component, but back circa 2005 I purchased a Dell desktop with a Pentium D CPU. All I can say is, this thing was a POS. It included a halfway decent GPU at the time (6800gt) but the CPU literally would bottleneck every game.

To make matters worse, I turned it on one day and heard a 'crack' and it never worked again.

49 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i have few options

1) sell it as you've said

2) send it in for RMA, complaining about the 110c VRAM temps and they'll probably offer a refund (but they might just send a card after seeing how much i paid lol)

3) deal with it (which im currently doing so, and hating it)

You can’t seriously hate it. It's your's "baby"

Spoiler

18 Angry & Short Tempered Anime Characters - My Otaku World

it's fine.....it's nice......i like it

1 hour ago, steelo said:

Can't really think of a bad component, but back circa 2005 I purchased a Dell desktop with a Pentium D CPU. All I can say is, this thing was a POS. It included a halfway decent GPU at the time (6800gt) but the CPU literally would bottleneck every game.

To make matters worse, I turned it on one day and heard a 'crack' and it never worked again.

Pentium D + shitty mid-200's Dell engineering + the Great Capacitor Plague = 

Jared Leto Tribute GIF by 2017 MTV Video Music Awards - Find & Share on  GIPHY

Sincerely,

me

8 hours ago, LTT_fanboy said:

it was a fake 3090 ti lololol it was like 200 dollars and listed as a 3090 it was a 1050 ti T^T i got big scammed

LOL, you actually got a deal on a 1050ti.

Sapphire HD 7770, which I bought for $ 45 from an internet cafe 3 months ago. Decoded deconstructed 2 at the time, but one broke down 1 month ago, and the other cuts the image from time to time.

13 hours ago, LTT_fanboy said:

it was a fake 3090 ti lololol it was like 200 dollars and listed as a 3090 it was a 1050 ti T^T i got big scammed

Be careful. Those things could actually fry a pc.

50 minutes ago, Chrismike said:

Be careful. Those things could actually fry a pc.

I've never heard of one doing that.

Just ones that have their names changed in gpuz.

Though it sounds like this is a 1050ti that someone called a 3090 on the listing, nothing modded.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

MSI GTX 770 Gaming and MSI Force G20 controller.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

AMD Phenom II 965 CPU and whatever motherboard I needed for it.
Piece of sh*t never worked properly.

Always got an HyperTransport Sync Floor Error out of it.

Replaced it after a few months of pulling my hairs and trying to fix it through BIOS, software and even hardware replacements, with an Intel i7 875. Which worked flawlessly from day one for 9 years.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2x sets of 3 Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 140 (2 broken fans bad barrings poor quality fans)

Cooler Master ML120R (doa rgb/argb controller)

fallin into the initial ryzen hype and getting a b450 mobo and a 1300x instead of going with a i3 at the time when 1st gen ryzen was new. hard core stutters  with my 1060 at the time. but the b450 board held me down for a few years before I gave the system away when I made more money and upgraded. 

Feel free to send me a DM for further or general questions.

Lyrics I vibe with or just funny right now:

"This is food for thought, better take the whole plate

Don't lie, some of y'all thought food for thought meant taking these hoes on a date"-Injury Reserve

"Some of em just need to eat a whole thing of Crest"-MF DOOM

"Is it me bruh? (Is it me bruh?)
Am I a bruh? (Am I a bruh?)
Am I that bruh? (ouu)
Eating cactus (peyote)
I looked in the mirror (ya ya)
I like what i saw (that's a handsome boy)
Cuz I saw myself (hey)
And i was the bruh (the bruh)
I am not LeBron (LeBron)
But I am the bruh (the bruh)
I have seen the bruh (the bruh)
I have reached the bruh (the bro)
Why am I a thing? (ayy)
Why do things exist? (why)
All I am is bruh
Bruh is all there's left"-Hovey benjamin