What is the best budget phone to buy?

Rujdaga

Hello fellas, im on a tight budget and i want to buy a new phone, but nothing fancy, i dont play games on my phone (just sometimes a few rounds of clash royale and thats it) which phone do yall recommend? I've seen xiaomi redmi note 10, poco x3 and poco f2 pro and they are pretty good. Any help is appreciated!

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

What is the budget and how much storage u want and what screen size and battery life all of that fun stuff 

11 minutes ago, Lucasgrady12 said:

What is the budget and how much storage u want and what screen size and battery life all of that fun stuff 

I prolly want a super amoled or high refresh rate screen, battery as bigger as it can be, and just chipset to be snapdragon

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

21 minutes ago, Rujdaga said:

Hello fellas, im on a tight budget and i want to buy a new phone, but nothing fancy, i dont play games on my phone (just sometimes a few rounds of clash royale and thats it) which phone do yall recommend? I've seen xiaomi redmi note 10, poco x3 and poco f2 pro and they are pretty good. Any help is appreciated!

Can't you get those $0 Upfront phones?

That means you can choose any phone thats upfront

and then pay after one year?
I don't really know how that works sorry.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, DzulfiqarZahranS said:

I think Pocophone is the answer, and now there's even a better one than f2 pro, poco f3

Eh, not really. It's poor value to buy "budget phones" new, you can get a flagship phone from 1-2 years ago used/open-box for $100-$200 less than an F3.

Try something more like a Oneplus 7T on eBay.

Oneplus also has some of the best support for Android updates you'll find. They still update some of their older models to this day, which is just another reason to go with them.

[Main Desktop]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti (FTW3 Ultra)  MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon (X470)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 (2x8GB)

COOLER: Arctic LiquidFreezer II 280 STORAGE: G.SKILL Phoenix FTL 240GB SSD, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD, Seagate 4TB HDD

PSU: EVGA GQ-1000W 80+ Gold  CASE: The MESHMOD v1.0 (Custom Deepcool Matrexx 70 chassis)  MONITOR: AOC 24G2 144Hz (IPS) 

MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO (wired)  KEYBOARD: Rosewill K81 RGB (Kailh Brown)  HEADPHONES: HiFiMan Ananda, Drop x Sennheiser HD6XX

IEMS: 7Hz Timeless, Tin Audio T2, Blon BL-03, Samsung/AKG Galaxy Buds Pro  STUDIO MONITORS: Mackie MR524, Mackie MRS10  MIC: NEAT Worker Bee  

INTERFACE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo  AMPLIFIER: SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888, XDUOO XD-05 Basic  DAC: SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII (upgraded AK4493 Version)

WHEEL: Logitech G29 + Logitech G Shifter

[Stream Encoder]

CPU: AMD FX-9590  GPU: Sapphire R9 390X (Tri-X OC)  MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 (AM3+)  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)

COOLER: EVGA CLC 280 PSU: MSI A750GF 80+ Gold CASE: Phanteks P400A Digital

[Garage]

CAR: 2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX (EM2)  ENGINE: D17A1, planned K20A2 swap  INTAKE: DIY Solutions Short RAM  HEADERS: Motor1 4-2-1 with Cat-Delete

EXHAUST: Yonaka 2.5" Cat-Back with 3.5" tip (YMCB-CIV0105)  COILOVERS: MaXpeedingrods adjustable  RIMS: Core Racing Concept Seven Alloys (15x6.5)

RECEIVER: Kenwood DPX304MBT  SOUND DEADENING: Damplifier Pro Deadening Mats  SOUND DAMPENING: Custom solution, layers of thick insulation

DOOR SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-P710PS 6.5" Components  WINDOW LEDGE SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC-6996PS 6x9" 5-Ways

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a lg g7, and have a s21 ultra...I think the g7 has a snapdragon 845 6gb ram 64gb base..pretty nice screen albeit not amoled...not sure about the poco phones and how they compare, but I paid 160 for it 2 years ago. I think sometimes searching for the best deal is more important than searching for the best phone at a target average or mean price...I vote for lg g7 as I think they must be around 120 by now and the sd 845 is no slouch.

also i'd like to add, performance wise I don't notice much difference between my lg g7 and s21 ultra.. I notice videos load quicker but everything else is still just a blink away

I am going to be honest. Samsung's mid-range phones have actually gotten quite good. For only $400, maybe less now, the Galaxy A42 5G can actually run 3DS games at full speed! It also has a good camera from what I've heard, but that's basically wasted on me, lol. All I really do on a smartphone is play Persona 3 Portable, and watch hentai. A $1000 smartphone would actually be far too expensive for that.

If your with boost LGK51 for 90 bucks if not its still 160 at other places

I would recommend the Galaxy A32 5G because it is only 150 dollars and it has a 90Hz super amoled display. Or if you had more money to splurge, the A52s 5G is also a good choice

On 4/1/2021 at 3:19 PM, Rujdaga said:

In terms of budget phones, I have an Oppo Find X2 Neo (aka Reno 3 Pro 5G), which is really good for gaming. Now it is a 2020 high end midrange phone when it came out and is now £320 on Amazon (convert it to USD or whatever currency you are if needed). It has 12GB of RAM, a Snapdragon 765G and 256GB of storage. Another recommendation, which is more powerful, is the Xiaomi Black Shark 4 (https://uk.blackshark.com/pages/blackshark4), which has a Snapdragon 870 and either 8GB or  12GB of RAM, with either 128GB or 256GB of Storage. So those are my two recommendations.

• 1 year later...

I am using f2 and ultra satisfied with this phone since 2 years. I am using it for gaming also and it is perfectly fine while playing.