Help with updating bios Gigabyte RTX3060Ti (resizable BAR)

martward

Hi all,

According to Gigabyte, the latest bios for the 3060Ti add resizable BAR. I tried installing the bios by downloading the package and running the N306TGOPL.F3.exe inside. It says it installed the BIOS, but resizable bar is still not supported and GPU-Z says the bios version is "94.04.27.80.88", which has a build date of 2020-10-30 according to TechPowerUp. 

If I try to follow the update steps on the Gigabyte website I get send to a page but I really don't understand what they want met to do.

Anyone already did the upgrade and mind telling me how?

Cheers

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Okay so apparently if you have the control panel open it will tell you to close the control panel, it will then show you a message that the bios was installed successfully and prompt to restart, but it won't actually have installed the bios.

I now have installed the BIOS, bit I have a black screen. How long do I wait before I turn it off?

Thank god for dual bios. Guess my 3060Ti will stay in Quiet mode forever...

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

When I updated my MSI 3070 there was also no change to the GPU-Z reported version number. I suspect that part of the code didn't change hence no version number change. MSI's tools reported a totally different version number and that did change.

In my case re-bar did work but I had to enable it in mobo bios first, and the setting was not revealed until after enabling "above 4G decoding" or something like that.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 minutes ago, porina said:

When I updated my MSI 3070 there was also no change to the GPU-Z reported version number. I suspect that part of the code didn't change hence no version number change. MSI's tools reported a totally different version number and that did change.

In my case re-bar did work but I had to enable it in mobo bios first, and the setting was not revealed until after enabling "above 4G decoding" or something like that.

Hmm weird. Well I can't know whether my verison changed now, but seeing as how the OC bios is bricked, I think it's safe to assume it did something. I won't be trying to fix it, since I don't want to bork the Quiet bios as well and be left with a completely f*cked card. This was the last time I ever updated a GPU bios, that's for sure...

My System:

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, richard.holloway said:

Turn OFF CSM in your motherboard Bios and your card will boot!

That worked, you are a genius! Could you tell me why that worked?

Resizable BAR is now also enabled, holy crap!

My System:

Spoiler