Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC boots, but the white VGA LED is lit and i get no image

so, i've had issues for a while with my PC booting but not giving me any image, VGA light is on and the only way to fix it is to power off, flip  off the switch, take out a ramstick, and put it right back in where it was.
this solves the issue for 1-3 days at most usually. i've ran memtest, intels CPU diagnostic, i've checked all the disks, ive ran all stresstests imaginable, OCCT furball aida64 etc etc.
i updated the DP drivers for my GPU and that fixed it for some time (2-3 weeks), i've already RMAd the entire PC (except the GPU) once, that also fixed it for a few months but it came back with the exact same presentation of issues.

any idea what to do here?

Asus ROG strix z390-F Gaming
i9900K
G.skill Trident Z 3600mhz cl16 32gb
samsung Pro 970 nvme 1tb
Asus 1080TI strix
Acer 27" LED Predator XB273KP

Double check all the BIOS settings consider resorting to default.

I would work my way back along the display side of the system,

Try different HDMI/Display port cables,

Try different displays.

Pull the graphics card check the connections are clean, inspect the pcb and components for any thing suspect looking, check the power connections is clean.

i9900 has iGPU does it not? try with out the graphics card installed.

If the issue persists look at trying different RAM modules as this seems to have some affect on the issue.

well I'm going to say your gpu could be the issue...

VGA light

Gpu not being replaced...

If you have RMA'd the entire PC except the GPU and your having GPU issues try a different card and see if the issue persists.

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <EVGA GTX 770 2GB> <16gb 3200Mhz> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe>  <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <Noctua P12 case fans>

3 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

well I'm going to say your gpu could be the issue...

VGA light

Gpu not being replaced...

If you have RMA'd the entire PC except the GPU and your having GPU issues try a different card and see if the issue persists.

yea, thats what i thought, but changing the whole PC around the GPU fixed it, so it seems like an oddball problem if it were the case, and why would reseating a RAM stick (any doesnt matter wich one i pick) fixes it temporarily

5 minutes ago, Rameares said:

Double check all the BIOS settings consider resorting to default.

I would work my way back along the display side of the system,

Try different HDMI/Display port cables,

Try different displays.

Pull the graphics card check the connections are clean, inspect the pcb and components for any thing suspect looking, check the power connections is clean.

i9900 has iGPU does it not? try with out the graphics card installed.

If the issue persists look at trying different RAM modules as this seems to have some affect on the issue.

changing back to my old samsung 60hz 4k non Gsync monitor has a better chance of giving me a image, but it was on that monitor the issue first came to be, either the PC boots and gives me post screen immidietly or nothing happens and the light stays on.

Another Pcie slot? Possibly weakened slot or something but i know it probably wont fix it.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

I don't work at Dell, i just love semi formal English.

Self Introduction and Current Rig

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights