Dual Titan Z rig? Prolly the most insane statement.

I just got an idea. As we, gamers know, Nvidia just announced the GTX Titan Z. Two Titan Blacks running together, in the most overkill and insane manner, but what if we put two Titan Zs in SLI. Two of them, 4 Titan Zs. Of course, probably no one would spend $6k dollars only on graphics cards. But, just to clear a doubt, is this possible? 24 GB of Vram, if this is. :| That teaser of the Titan Z nearly made me cry. I have a sucky GT 520. :( Waiting for an upgrade. Anyways, if it IS possible, will future tech be avaiable to do 4 Titan Zs, or 8 graphics cards? Or by some kind of magic, this is already possible? Cheers, and pwease reply! 

-thatfgtnextdoor

"24 GB of Vram"

Nooope.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I just got an idea. As we, gamers know, Nvidia just announced the GTX Titan Z. Two Titan Blacks running together, in the most overkill and insane manner, but what if we put two Titan Zs in SLI. Two of them, 4 Titan Zs. Of course, probably no one would spend $6k dollars only on graphics cards. But, just to clear a doubt, is this possible? 24 GB of Vram, if this is. :| That teaser of the Titan Z nearly made me cry. I have a sucky GT 520. :( Waiting for an upgrade. Anyways, if it IS possible, will future tech be avaiable to do 4 Titan Zs, or 8 graphics cards? Or by some kind of magic, this is already possible? Cheers, and pwease reply! 

-thatfgtnextdoor

VRAM Doesn't add when you SLI cards.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

two card would only have 12gb of VRam, the RAM doesn't double when in SLI. Also since one titan z is already in SLI, you can only SLI 2 Titan Z's. It's also cheaper to just go 4 way SLI GTX Titan blacks for pretty much the same performance.

uhm, not very clear but you can only 2 of these in SLI, not 4

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

two card would only have 12gb of VRam, the RAM doesn't double when in SLI. Also since one titan z is already in SLI, you can only SLI 2 Titan Z's. It's also cheaper to just go 4 way SLI GTX Titan blacks for pretty much the same performance.

you forgot that those will OC beter

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

It would still only be 6GB of VRAM from my understanding. Each GPU has 6GB of its own, and in SLI it wouldn't stack.

Yes, 2 Titan Z's would be possible, but 4 way SLI of Titan Blacks would be more powerful most likely, as the Dual GPU solution usually mean a bit of under clocking on the GPU cores.

As for the future, no idea. Currently only 4 GPUs in SLI/CF, doesn't matter about the physical number of cards.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

And buy a custom loop + sexy waterblocks from the money, you could maybe even have Singularitycomputers make you a rig for that price.

i dont think his builds are that expensive, i mean the guy is amazing and puts alot of thought and understands what the customer wants. (with not expensive i mean average build of 5K with highend everything)

It would still only be 6GB of VRAM from my understanding. Each GPU has 6GB of its own, and in SLI it wouldn't stack.

The RAM is on the same PCB,they can access it.In SLI the buffer has to be mirrored to the other cards.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

i dont think his builds are that expensive, i mean the guy is amazing and puts alot of thought and understands what the customer wants. (with not expensive i mean average build of 5K with highend everything)

Well, 2 Titan Zs are 6k. 4 Titan Blacks are 4k. 1k for watercooling parts (probably more - dual loop, rads, 5 waterblocks min.). That would "only" leave 1k for him.

Imagine putting a Titan Z in something like a Hadron. Well that is is you can find a 800W+ server style PSU. Fricking awesome.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

yeah, it was kind of stupid. vram doesnt stack up. but yes. for my next build, i might go with 4 titan blacks, oc-ed, with water blocks. how much will that be in total vram, tho? 

Well, 2 Titan Zs are 6k. 4 Titan Blacks are 4k. 1k for watercooling parts (probably more - dual loop, rads, 5 waterblocks min.). That would "only" leave 1k for him.

i think that 1K for a custom front panel, sleeving and acrylic WC is alot (i know he does more but thats what it prety much comes to) 

yeah, it was kind of stupid. vram doesnt stack up. but yes. for my next build, i might go with 4 titan blacks, oc-ed, with water blocks. how much will that be in total vram, tho? 

no you wont....

somewhere around 16 gb, yeah? whoa. 

Did you even read the thread? It doesn't work like that.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

i think that 1K for a custom front panel, sleeving and acrylic WC is alot (i know he does more but thats what it prety much comes to) 

Custom cabling 4 GPUs, 24pin, 8pin (maybe even 2 for a build like that), all the fans etc. will probably take 10-15 hours alone (maybe less considering he has experience and does it regularly). Those smoked acrylic sheets aren't that cheap either. Planning everything, doing some things over - he has to calculate mistakes in etc. -, testing the parts, material costs (probably 100+ for sleeving/cables alone), tool costs (dremel wheels, jigsaw blades etc.).

It's a business and he is working on commission so he has to make good money/hour. Not sure how much he makes on youtube though, but that comes with editing and voice-over'ing everything making it not completely "free money".

Custom cabling 4 GPUs, 24pin, 8pin (maybe even 2 for a build like that), all the fans etc. will probably take 10-15 hours alone (maybe less considering he has experience and does it regularly). Those smoked acrylic sheets aren't that cheap either. Planning everything, doing some things over - he has to calculate mistakes in etc. -, testing the parts, material costs (probably 100+ for sleeving/cables alone), tool costs (dremel wheels, jigsaw blades etc.).

It's a business and he is working on commission so he has to make good money/hour. Not sure how much he makes on youtube though, but that comes with editing and voice-over'ing everything making it not completely "free money".

didnt he have someone working for him to sleeve the cables? youre probably right. but there is only one build thats that insane (the quad 680 one i think) he ever made, probably payed 2 K for all that work

sli doesn't work like that, me having two radeon HD 6950 2GBs in crossfire doesn't make me have 4GB, still only 2. and same goes for sli

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Two cards would be 6gb.   Each GPU gets 6gb, as said before SLI doesn't stack Vram.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

-thatfgtnextdoor

wait you dont have 4 titan zs? why not? its completely necessary

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

Edit: you know what? forget the comment, i don't care anymore, the recent threads has me both baffled and disappointed.