SLI 2 gb 770's Are the ok to keep ?

PhantomXman

I have 2 2 gb 770's in sli but i want to know what you guys think if i will be ok to keep them or if i will need to upgrade i do alot of gaming and i want to be able to run most games on not very high but high.

On 1080P it should be fine for the most part, allthough some games need more VRAM at that resolution already.

Anything above 1080P will be dominated by the lack of VRAM.

who cares...

On 1080P it should be fine for the most part, allthough some games need more VRAM at that resolution already.

Anything above 1080P will be dominated by the lack of VRAM.

I beat you to it. 

Sorry about that i forgot to say my resolution that's why i asked because my resolution is 5760 X 1080 i have 3 1080p asus 24 inch monitors

You could sell them both for a nice price, then purchase a 780Ti and purchase another 780Ti later if you even need more graphical power.

You should be able to max nearly every game with SLI 770's, unless  you are gaming at a resolution higher than 1080p? OR a bottle neck with your CPU?

If you're just going to be gaming in 1080p, I would just keep them. Even if you're going to be gaming at resolutions higher than 1080p, I would say that they're fine, but there might be issues with the amount of VRAM. 

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Sorry about that i forgot to say my resolution that's why i asked because my resolution is 5760 X 1080 i have 3 1080p asus 24 inch monitors

Gaming on a single one or across all of them? Because if you play across of them it's going to be awful @

ok good but should i be ok because i have 3 monitors and the vram only became a problem on crysis 3 so far

ok good but should i be ok because i have 3 monitors and the vram only became a problem on crysis 3 so far

Crysis 3 uses very little Vram because the maps are so tiny. 

i run surround

That is probably why, having a resolution like that on a 2GB card you will run out of Vram quite fast

yea i wish i thought about that before thats why i asking though am i fine with keep the cards or should i upgrade my cards to a better 700 series when the 800 comes out or upgrade to the 800

yea i wish i thought about that before thats why i asking though am i fine with keep the cards or should i upgrade my cards to a better 700 series when the 800 comes out or upgrade to the 800

I would say the GTX 770 4gb version, or even the GTX 780. If you don't want to buy anthing now it might be better to wait for the GTX 800 series

Crysis 3 uses very little Vram because the maps are so tiny. 

I had experienced quite the contrary. When i tested with my single GTX 770 on 1200P i hat 1950 MB of VRAM taken up in Crysis 3 on almost max settings, with AA and shadows toned down, so that it runs 40-60 FPS.

With the 280X i had after that, i used around 2300 MB.

who cares...

I had experienced quite the contrary. When i tested with my single GTX 770 on 1200P i hat 1950 MB of VRAM taken up in Crysis 3 on almost max settings, with AA and shadows toned down, so that it runs 40-60 FPS.

At high resolution like the OP has with triple monitors Crysis will be a VRAM hog 

Afaik is about 900Mb maxed out at 1080p. 

Test it. :D *looks at profile for rig* okay maybe not....

who cares...

Test it. :D *looks at profile for rig* okay maybe not....

I can test it with my gf's rig. 

I sincerely doubt you're running maxed out Crysis 3 and having it only take up .9GB RAM

to OP, you should be ok, but you'll probably have to turn down textures and AA a bit in some titles.

Be sure to keep your demanding games on an SSD and keep some RAM free. Both will be needed to compensate.

Error: 410

I can test it with my gf's rig. 

Your gf has a better rig than you? dat e-peen shrink! :P no but seriously, it uses a lot of VRAM. Load up the game and let MSI AB run in the background and you'll see it eats a lot of VRAM when you tab out.

who cares...

I sincerely doubt you're running maxed out Crysis 3 and having it only take up .9GB RAM

to OP, you should be ok, but you'll probably have to turn down textures and AA a bit in some titles.

Be sure to keep your demanding games on an SSD and keep some RAM free. Both will be needed to compensate.

^Yes, AA is a FPS and VRAM killer.

At the right settings you shouldn't have any problems.