[RUMOR]Facebook will reportedly rebrand the Oculus Rift headset and interface

AlexGoesHigh

Welp, it's pretty much dead anyway.

:'( why cant we just have something good for once! people with the money come and ruin everything for everyone else!

This is not going to affect pc gaming vr.

it wont

we just need to wait for a big company to make a Great VR headset

maybe from nvidia or microsoft

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm sure the mass exodus won't affect anything...*insert copious amounts of sarcasm here*

Oculus to be called "Facebook Glasses"

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Well my previous comments seem to be disproven now. But, the optimist in me needs to remind us that this is only a rumor, not set in stone.

What I'm hopeing for is just a Facebook app for the rift, nothing more. If the whole interface is all Facebook, then we have a problem.

And if I recall correctly, the rift uses android (maybe I'm wrong. Someone correct me if I am) so they might just be developing a Facebook app that can be launched within the rifts interface.

All the content on that website is all crap, and Palmer Luckey said that none of this would be happening.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

salt in the wound...

More like penis in the ass.. but I have to question the legitimacy of this article though.

I loled however when I imagined this girl using Oculus to view her collection of 3d mapped selfies:

702297.jpg

Welp, it's pretty much dead anyway.

And it begins...

Well VR is dead before it began... what a shame.

Wouldn't be surprised. 2 Billion to not include any FB things into it? Yeah right. I can only think of Zynga (or whatever that social media game dev is) titles coming out on this now.

The seems to be quite a bit about this for it to only be a rumour...

Sir TDH is displeased about this. 

this cannot be true....

salt in the wound...

This is a link to The Escapist where they have a link to a New York Times interview with an un-named employee of Facebook. According to The Escapist there is no further info. 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133241-Facebook-May-Rebrand-Oculus-Rift-Import-Interface

Farmvill through oculus, thats what facebook is thinking..., "now you will never have to leave your cows hungry"

More like penis in the ass..

702297.jpg

Really....

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I mean surely there were other companies that were looking to buy Oculus....

Why Facebook?

I hope it tanks HARD!

They need to learn a lesson about image and consumer trust.

Money makes people do dumb stuff.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I actually find this news somewhat funny. Imagine it winding up like that awful Facebook Home UI on the HTC First.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Really....

Oh c'mon don't pull out the homophobe card... Some gay men that don't like anal.

Petition to start work on a custom LTT rift interface which we would hack on it & remove all the facebook junk.

Oh c'mon don't pull out the homophobe card... Some gay men that don't like anal.

You just made me wonder. What relationship would end quicker, one with two tops or two bottoms? These guys are really stubborn too. :P

I found it funny actually :P

I wasn't pulling any card, I make those jokes all the time :D

Hail Sithis!

You just made me wonder. What relationship would end quicker, one with two tops or two bottoms? These guys are really stubborn too. :P

PM me for the answer :)

Hail Sithis!

Bye bye Oculus.

d54a302152ba1bfe60f2fa79c7c3d2a2.jpg

Hail Sithis!

I wonder if Carmack wishes he'd stayed at id.

It really surprises me.

A person like Carmack at the helm and they still take a wrong turn.

@LinusTech is watching....

Linus! what are your views on the whole debacle? Please respond oh voice of reason in these dark times!

Hail Sithis!