3d printing - warping on PLA

2DPrinter

Hey all, 

If you know about 3d printers, maybe you can help. 

I have a monoprice select mini pro (discontinued now) printer. I am printing at temperatures of about 40-50F. My nozzle is at 210C and heated bed at 60-65C. I am now using Aqua Net Extra Super Hold Unscented for bed adhesion. I am even printing really slow on my first layer, at 10mm/s and 35 mm/s for the rest of the print. It has auto bed leveling, so hopefully an unlevel bed wouldn't be the problem. It seems to mostly warp on the right side. 

I am printing in a garage without an enclosure.  

I attached a picture. 
Can someone help? 

mono price.jpg

First step when bed adhesion is a problem is to level the bed manually. If you are 200% certain bed is level anywhere in the board, then question would be how old is that filament? If its new and your bed is level, try increasing your bed temperature and first layer temperature.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

First step when bed adhesion is a problem is to level the bed manually. If you are 200% certain bed is level anywhere in the board, then question would be how old is that filament? If its new and your bed is level, try increasing your bed temperature and first layer temperature.

Thanks! Yeah I would not say I am 200% sure it is level. I don't really know how to manually level the bed. I know you do something like putting a piece of paper in between the nozzle and bed or something. I might look it up. 

My filament is probably like a few months old and I don't store in an airtight container or anything so that could be a problem.

Even higher temps?? 210C is the max that my filament says to go and isn't 65C on the bed pretty high for PLA? I'm not an expert, just wondering.    

54 minutes ago, 2DPrinter said:

Hey all, 

If you know about 3d printers, maybe you can help. 

I have a monoprice select mini pro (discontinued now) printer. I am printing at temperatures of about 40-50F. My nozzle is at 210C and heated bed at 60-65C. I am now using Aqua Net Extra Super Hold Unscented for bed adhesion. I am even printing really slow on my first layer, at 10mm/s and 35 mm/s for the rest of the print. It has auto bed leveling, so hopefully an unlevel bed wouldn't be the problem. It seems to mostly warp on the right side. 

I am printing in a garage without an enclosure.  

I attached a picture. 
Can someone help? 

Can you print one layer and take a photo of how well it lays down from there we can determine if the first layer adhesion is good to start. Also before printing be sure to always clean the bed with isopropyl alcohol. 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Can you print one layer and take a photo of how well it lays down from there we can determine if the first layer adhesion is good to start. Also before printing be sure to always clean the bed with isopropyl alcohol. 

Sure, I can do that. When I print next I will post the picture of the first layer here. 

On 3/27/2021 at 12:53 PM, W-L said:

Just cleaned the bed with isopropyl alcohol before these prints and sprayed with Aqua Net. I am printing in a room with a temp of about 50-60F (higher than before). I have 2 pictures a little after the first layer. 

First layer seems good, but the octopus print  I did (the one that takes up more of the print bed) failed. It had trouble printing in the right places and printed wrong. 

The second one I am doing right now (the more rectangular one) is doing well.

Anyone have any ideas of the problem now? 

PLA octopus.jpg

PLA print.jpg

• 1 month later...

What you need to do right away is:

start using a Glass bed and buy 3Dlac. which is a superior adhesion spray made for 3d printing.

PS maybe instead of making multiple post make 1 major post where you ask all your questions.

maybe a mod can combine all the posts/threads

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝