Sticky post about VAG

pythonmegapixel

Can one of the mods please make a stickied/pinned thread somewhere with FAQs about the Verified Actual Gamer program?

It would be perfectly acceptable for it to just be along the lines of "there's a lot we aren't able tell you", but just a general summary of how it works and what you have to do would be helpful - so many people seem to be making new threads now asking about it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

That wouldn't really change anything. We do see this with ROG Rig Reboot every year. Same goes with LTT video suggestions or even guidelines for forum and subforums. People in general don't really read. Or listen since all information about VAG has been said in WAN shows for past month.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

That wouldn't really change anything. We do see this with ROG Rig Reboot every year. Same goes with LTT video suggestions or even guidelines for forum and subforums. People in general don't really read. Or listen since all information about VAG has been said in WAN shows for past month.

The point is, if there was a sticky thread, then moderation could lock down all of the reposts of the same question and direct everyone to the same thread, which would reduce clutter and increase the chance of someone getting the information they need.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

The point is, if there was a sticky thread, then moderation could lock down all of the reposts of the same question and direct everyone to the same thread, which would reduce clutter and increase the chance of someone getting the information they need.

We already do lock or merge to one thread. As I said, wouldn't change a thing. You already get the megathread first result from Google.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

We already do lock or merge to one thread. As I said, wouldn't change a thing. You already get the megathread first result from Google.

Fair enough.

pythonmegapixel

This thread title is a little click baity.

I am mildly disappointed.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

5 hours ago, freeagent said:

This thread title is a little click baity.

I am mildly disappointed.

It's in the 'suggestions' section...

pythonmegapixel

The mods could make a bloody pop up with Linus wearing LTT underwear with neon lights the works explaining they have no idea on the next drop, they cannot decide or alter the rules of how VAG works, and within minutes their would be a thread asking when the next drop is, and how VAG could be designed better.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.