Evidence that aibs like Sapphire scalp gpus but not dirrectly.

Patrik_

So I just browsing local ebay and I saw ad for 380 6700XTs and 50 6900XTs, so I was like "really?", before sending that guy messege with simple "f*k you", I was pretending that Im interested in buying so I get much more info. What I got is that all these gpus from these guys https://nordecon.fi/sapphire/ , they are not classic retailer, they are just supplier for others but that does excuse Sapphire for no selling those gpus to retail shops like Microcenter. This reminds what Linus said on last WAN show (I did put timestamp there), and my guess this is what he meant. So sapphire and others are indirectly "scalping gpus", so their hands seem clean, I mean most of the aibs do this but they are atleast clean about this. Im really dissapointed in Sapphire because its my favourite brand. 

Just a little edit: I did see this 7 days ago which is not far from actuall launch and also I got response that basscily all gpus are gonne and that was on 20th. 

Edit: Im not angry Im just little dissapointed I do own 1080 and I dont need better card anytime soon. 

Omg such assholes, I can't believe a company would do the logical thing and, when supply is extremely low and demand absurdly high, price their cards significantly higher than MSRP! Such meanies 😠 #cancelsapphire

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You mean supply and demand and economics exist?!?

What? you mean people want the same thing that i want?

2135412032_Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4_22.43_PM1.jpg.f19c24e02361b4ecd22bb295bb0c930f.jpg

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I cant believe people are angry at legitimate businesses making money now

businesses should just give us hardware for free amirite people?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You mean supply and demand and economics exist?!?

Well, not shit but I would expect better especialy from Sapphire thats all, I feel the same as Linus does. I have 1080 and I dont need better card but I know some people really do struggle because of it. I just wanted to point it out thats all. Only thing that worries me is that my 1080 dies. 

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Omg such assholes, I can't believe a company would do the logical thing and, when supply is extremely low and demand absurdly high, price their cards significantly higher than MSRP! Such meanies 😠 #cancelsapphire

Just now, Patrik_ said:

I would expect better especialy from Sapphire

do elaborate what do you mean by "better"

I love Sapphire, they're my favorite brand for AMD GPUs.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Sapphire is good guy human friendo. He would never be a big ole meanie. Especially since he is AMD only. And we know Lisa would never hurt us. 

Just now, Moonzy said:

Maybe If they tried to help gamers more by actually selling it for retail, atleast Zotac had the balls to say they are supporting mining but anyway it doesnt matter because they have to sell it to retailer for much higher price than normal + retailers are scalping too and sometimes atleast from my local experience its much worse than scalpers. 

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

we know Lisa would never hurt us

...As long as you never own an X399 Board, or 1st gen Threadripper.

1 minute ago, Patrik_ said:

atleast Zotac had the balls to say they are supporting mining

That mining rig post was admittedly MASSIVELY tone deaf, but at the end of it its GPU. Theyre not SOLELY for gamers nowadays, go on and blame the fact that CUDA and OpenCL (that allows these things to be even possible) exists.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Sapphire is good guy human friendo. He would never be a big ole meanie. Especially since he is AMD only. And we know Lisa would never hurt us. 

Cmon you dont have to be sarcastic. I know its bussines, "its not personal kid" but Im just dissapointed thats all. AMD has to please investors first. 

3 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

Cmon you dont have to be sarcastic. I know its bussines, "its not personal kid" but Im just dissapointed thats all. AMD has to please investors first. 

Please investors but don't sell for higher than MSRP...mkay

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

Cmon you dont have to be sarcastic.

From the small times ive stalked this forum, i learn one thing. When you make half assed research, you will get half assed response.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

That mining rig post was admittedly MASSIVELY tone deaf, but at the end of it its GPU. Theyre not SOLELY for gamers nowadays, go on and blame the fact that CUDA and OpenCL (that allows these things to be even possible) exists.

Well this is just my opinion but I really dont like mining. I think that people who created bitcoin never thought this would happend or maybe they knew it doesnt matter, my problem is that miners doesnt do anything good, their job is to bassicly press "play button" and consume tons of electricity. + This is just my estimate, but lack of people building new pcs is hurting companies like corsair and If my estimates are right we could see it on their q1 2021 financial report, If they are good than I was wrong. 

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

From the small times ive stalked this forum, i learn one thing. When you make half assed research, you will get half assed response.

Well my worry also comes from people actually buying those gpus and scalper prices that just shows manufactures that pricing cards so high is just fine and people are willing to pay for it, Im curious how far will 80 class card price goes in next 4 years. 

9 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

3P7A2158-Edit.thumb.jpg.874c59dad0236f65b995a32082334270.jpg

Oh but I do.

It still does the job.

It still does the job.

Yes, but sadly ceded by sTRX4. BTW, i just realized you're the builder of Matte Machine, i love that build so much!

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Yes, but sadly ceded by sTRX4. BTW, i just realized you're the builder of Matte Machine, i love that build so much!

Thanks!

And yes, it was quite a sting when I had to move to TRx40, but it ended up being very worth it.

6 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

Well this is just my opinion but I really dont like mining. I think that people who created bitcoin never thought this would happend or maybe they knew it doesnt matter, my problem is that miners doesnt do anything good, their job is to bassicly press "play button" and consume tons of electricity.

-stretches fingers and breathe in-

nah i won't bother

5 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

Well my worry also comes from people actually buying those gpus and scalper prices that just shows manufactures that pricing cards so high is just fine and people are willing to pay for it, Im curious how far will 80 class card price goes in next 4 years. 

gamers are trying to determine "worth" of their entertaintment, which can be had for a lower price before

while miners are comparing "money" to "more money" (with risks involved)

i think it's clear who would be more willing to put money on the table

this is the downside of general purpose product, once someone finds a better use for it, the value goes up and the previous use case becomes more not "worth it" compared to before

Isn’t literally every AIB doing this?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

15 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

Sarcasm is the only langue I'm fluent in.

Of course no one but those that stand to profit like the price,  but what choice do they have?

They absolutely must compensate for the lack of volume. Selling more cards for cheaper would be best for everyone, but that is not the world we live in.

Everyone is struggling right down to the acquisition of raw materials. The company must survive. Those they employ that need to feed their families must survive.

Gamers, on the other hand, are not going to die from the inability to use the latest generation of cards.

If some part of the chain has to suffer,  I have no problem with it being on my end for something that is not critical to my survival. We know those at the top certainly aren't going to take the hit.

50 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

they are not classic retailer, they are just supplier for others but that does excuse Sapphire for no selling those gpus to retail shops like Microcenter.

Suppliers sell to stores too. 

It's not like every graphics card MicroCenter came directly from Sapphire/MSI/etc., they may very well come from suppliers.

The suppliers - just like AMD, Sapphire and Microcenter - is free to sell their products to whom they please and where ever they please (including eBay).

Yes, we've had a whole controversy around an MSI subsidiary selling RTX 3080 cards for more than 'MSRP', but I think we should be at a point where we realize this is just what companies do.

Sell to whomever pays the most, regardless of any 'MSRP' imposed on the product.

This is sadly the reality we're dealing in, where getting a graphics cards requires perseverance and seeing things like this that frustrate you.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

41 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

Well I think you're going to get those kind of responses anyway, a lot of people are going to buy GPUs regardless of them being overpriced or AIBs doing shady things.

And Nvidia got sued by investors from the last mining boom, but Nvidia won the lawsuit so there isn't much to be done about companies overpricing their products.

33 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

I'm sure all the AIBs are setting scalper prices on gpus, if retailers cared about customers they would implement a queue system and limit 1 or 2 cards per address and payment method, it wouldn't stop the scalpers but I think it would definitely improve the situation for anyone that wants a GPU at a more reasonable price.

54 minutes ago, Patrik_ said:

my problem is that miners doesnt do anything good, their job is to bassicly press "play button" and consume tons of electricity

Implying that gamers do good to this world -> this is literally what gamers do.