Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lighthouse (My 2nd PC that im actually proud of)

Heya, i'm new to LTT Forum (not new to Linus' content at all, have been watching him since the fall of 2016 to today) and i think its a good idea to both introduce myself and my 2nd computer.

Self Introduction

I'm Claire, a blue-pink-white-pink-blue flag (MtF) from the country with red-white flag (ill let this server guess :^) ). I'm 18 years of age with crippling addiction to computer advancement since she touches a computer for the first time, which was a Compaq hand-me-downs from my uncle. From then on (that PC lived a pretty short life sadly as my dad needs portability for his work), Ive dabbled in many hardwares from a pentium and centrino mobile chip, haswell based CPU, A, FX, Ryzen series AMD chips, and few graphics cards (also god-only-knows amount of exynos). Other things im obsessed with is cars going fast (Open or closed wheels, i like em both), peripherals, and stocks. If you want to talk, im available at a lot of platform, links in my profile.

The Lighthouse Itself

The thing is, I've been quite broke and cant afford any form of good computers until 2 years ago at around December 2019. I had a budget about a 1000$, and Zen 2 was still a hot ticket item thats sold at above MSRP. So with that in mind, here is Lighthouse.

Its Rocking:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 at stock speed (Only stable at 3.8GHz with 1.32 volts, so i decided to take the stock route)

Geil Evo Potenza Zen Edition 2x8GB @ 2666, at 2800MHz, CAS 17 at 1.35V (zenplusmemorycontroller.png)

Galax GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, at +125MHz GPU Overclock and +700 Memory Overclock
480GB Sandisk SSD Plus + 2TB Seagate SkyHawk Surveillance Drive

Corsair CX550 Gray Label

Cubegaming VRED Black

1 dinky 120mm fans thats included with the case

Windows 10 Pro

Pictures (The PC, not me)

20210326_183448.thumb.jpg.95eb7810a3f6d7e6747ea95ae728506f.jpg

20210326_175755.thumb.jpg.610be92b5f8ed0778a84020c1685a96f.jpg

20210326_175733.thumb.jpg.57a6bae446ad0754dbb783258e4806af.jpg

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

I don't work at Dell, i just love semi formal English.

Self Introduction and Current Rig

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

Looks good!

To be honest, when I saw the title of "Lighthouse" I expected to open this thread to either see:

- A PC filled with a lot of RGB

- A PC (case) with red/white tape like those typical lighthouses by the sea

7 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

from the country with red-white flag (ill let this server guess :^) )

My guess goes to Indonesia (whose flag is not to be confused with Monaco or Poland)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

My guess goes to Indonesia

Bingo.

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

To be honest, when I saw the title of "Lighthouse" I expected to open this thread to either see:

- A PC filled with a lot of RGB

- A PC (case) with red/white tape like those typical lighthouses by the sea

I honestly picked lighthouse because of how i think of it as my new digital home. My favorite movie is Song of The Sea, and both main protagonists live in a lighthouse off the coast of Ireland, so i think the name "lighthouse" as fitting.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Bingo.

ay neighbour!

- sideways AMD spire, but that requires unscrewing the fan and rotate it by 90 degree, because AM4 mount cant rotate 90 degrees

- some molex connector near the 24-pin i think that can be hidden behind the tray(?)

- i would tidy up the front panel IO, and maybe put some electrical tape on the green PCB (but it leaves sticky residue so maybe don't do that)

overall, very simple build, much clean

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

I never put my cpu stickers like it's 2001. Intel inside! (who cares).

Congratz on your build, i had the same fan like that, it's not good to be honest, given your very limited airflow, i would suggest adding another fan or two for the intake.

Ryzen 2600x @ 4.2ghz all cores | Asrock B450M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 4x Samsung 8gb d-die 2133 @ 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Hyper 212 classic w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

it's not good to be honest, given your very limited airflow, i would suggest adding another fan or two for the intake.

I can tell. Im having horrible time maintaining 70c on my GPU (it goes up to 85 99% of the time), and rn i have the side panel completely off. Im saving up for some NH-U12S and some fans to go with the case.

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

not too bad, pretty clean build. 

good to see other people that like computer hardware and cars. 

do you play racing games, like iRacing?  

12 hours ago, Fraya said:

not too bad, pretty clean build. 

good to see other people that like computer hardware and cars. 

do you play racing games, like iRacing?  

I used to play F1 games up to 2019, kinda gave up as i feel ive plateau'd. Might go back with a full on sim rig, dad is up for the challenge (he's also a sim lover, addicted to GT4 on PS2)

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

• 4 weeks later...

hi and welcome I just starting to notice you on the fourms

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

Pc

Spoiler

Dell prebuilt - i5-6400- 20GB ram -500gb HDD dvd 

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD roms 

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Thats actually some good pc