2021 XPS 15 Release Date

Does anyone have an idea when the 2021 XPS 15 will be released? I need a new laptop by this fall so I don't need it now but I was wondering if anyone would have an assumption when it coming out.

8 minutes ago, BoomRoasted1200 said:

Does anyone have an idea when the 2021 XPS 15 will be released? I need a new laptop by this fall so I don't need it now but I was wondering if anyone would have an assumption when it coming out.

XPS with 11th gen Intel CPUs have already come out, the next version will likely be with 12th gen.

2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

XPS with 11th gen Intel CPUs have already come out, the next version will likely be with 12th gen.

When I looked, the XPS 15 has not received a 11th gen update the "New XPS 15" is still on the 10th gen Intel CPU. The XPS 13 has received the update though 

That's because only 13" updated to 11th gen Tiger Lake (10+nm), which is only available in maximum 4 Cores.

The XPS 15 deos come with 6 core options too (maybe 8??), and this only exists in 10th Gen 14+++nm.

I think the only interesting CPU Upgrade would be, if Dell finally switches to AMD's 5000 series (even if it's the old Zen2 models instead Zen3), or Intel's big.LITTLE "Alder Lake" models, which do have alot efficiency potential.

Tbh, it doesn't matter if it's Intel's 14+++nm 10th gen, or 14+++nm 11th gen. The Desktop 11th gen did disappoint so much, that gamersnexus called them a "waste of Sand".

If you need a Laptop this fall, then just wait untill then, and look 2-4 Weeks before purchase 🙂 Since we don't know what will come untill then.

Macbook Pro 14" and 16" with Apple Silicon will arrive in the Fall, and these Chips will probably utterly destroy everything Intel and AMD has to offer. Especially the 16", if it keeps the 99 Wh battery, could potentially even beat the MBP 13" 's 20 hours battery life.

On 3/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, Darkseth said:

That's because only 13" updated to 11th gen Tiger Lake (10+nm), which is only available in maximum 4 Cores.

The XPS 15 deos come with 6 core options too (maybe 8??), and this only exists in 10th Gen 14+++nm.

I think the only interesting CPU Upgrade would be, if Dell finally switches to AMD's 5000 series (even if it's the old Zen2 models instead Zen3), or Intel's big.LITTLE "Alder Lake" models, which do have alot efficiency potential.

Tbh, it doesn't matter if it's Intel's 14+++nm 10th gen, or 14+++nm 11th gen. The Desktop 11th gen did disappoint so much, that gamersnexus called them a "waste of Sand".

If you need a Laptop this fall, then just wait untill then, and look 2-4 Weeks before purchase 🙂 Since we don't know what will come untill then.

Macbook Pro 14" and 16" with Apple Silicon will arrive in the Fall, and these Chips will probably utterly destroy everything Intel and AMD has to offer. Especially the 16", if it keeps the 99 Wh battery, could potentially even beat the MBP 13" 's 20 hours battery life.

Thanks for the help! I wish I could use a Macbook with apple silicon, unfortunately I need windows for engineering applications

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 12:47 AM, BoomRoasted1200 said:

Thanks for the help! I wish I could use a Macbook with apple silicon, unfortunately I need windows for engineering applications

I completely understand what you mean. I really want to get the macbook too this fall but I am stuck because I need Windows for engineering applications.