Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Photoshop help & Trying to find a font

So for a Viscom task I have to design a cover for a magazine. I chose the "Terrorizer" magazine; however, I need the font for it. I have spent about the last 2 hours trying to find it, so all help would be appreciated (or another way to get the font at a high resolution into photoshop)

It looks like this:

TerrorizerWebLogoBlackH60.gif (might look dodgy with night theme)

I'm no graphic designer, I'm not going to pretend to be either. I have no clue what I am doing in photoshop or InDesign.  Any help would be appreciated in terms of generally how to get to the end product (shown below).

Also, I need a secondary font, so if anyone knows that, it would be helpful.

This is what I am aiming for (black and white, this sort of setup)

post-42897-0-03865000-1395819844.jpg

As I said, all help would be appreciated.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Found a font here that you may like http://www.dafont.com/terrorplate.font

Now download the letters you need and open up photoshop.

First off you need to do the following;

-Put photoshop into simple view mode

-Open the layers viewer (right side of screen near the bottom)

-Place the letters (http://helpx.adobe.com/en/photoshop/using/placing-files.html) and click on another tool (left sided toolbar )and it will ask you if you want to place the files. Say yes.

also Hold SHIFT when dragging the corners to keep the aspect ratio correct and using CTRL+T to bring up this size editor thingy again. If you try selecting something and it was the wrong item then select a different layer

-Use the eraser tool to rub out the parts of each letter you do not want (the backgroud)

Use [ & ] to make your eraser smaller and larger 

CTRL + + to zoom in and CTRL + - to zoom out.

Show me how you get on with screen shots and such and also I'm hear to try help the most I can.

EDIT: When you start up photoshop click file then new then international paper then A4 then you can make it black and white if you want.

EDIT: Formatting

Edited by joshuamurphy

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

CS6?

I guess, i don't own it (obviously) it's on school laptop

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Found a font here that you may like http://www.dafont.com/terrorplate.font

Now download the letters you need and open up photoshop.

First off you need to do the following;

-Put photoshop into simple view mode

-Open the layers viewer (right side of screen near the bottom)

-Place the letters (http://helpx.adobe.com/en/photoshop/using/placing-files.html) and click on another tool (left sided toolbar )and it will ask you if you want to place the files. Say yes.

also Hold SHIFT when dragging the corners to keep the aspect ratio correct and using CTRL+T to bring up this size editor thingy again. If you try selecting something and it was the wrong item then select a different layer

-Use the eraser tool to rub out the parts of each letter you do not want (the backgroud)

Use [ & ] to make your eraser smaller and larger 

CTRL + + to zoom in and CTRL + - to zoom out.

Show me how you get on with screen shots and such and also I'm hear to try help the most I can.

EDIT: When you start up photoshop click file then new then international paper then A4 then you can make it black and white if you want.

EDIT: Formatting

Thanks for all your help so far.  At the moment I want to get a picture infront of the "Terrorizer" text, but it has black background: here is my problem. Just wondering if there is a fix???

post-42897-0-11954000-1395828345.jpgpost-42897-0-19070800-1395828348.jpg

Ignore the white border, I exported the images and they were 5mb each so I just snipping tooled them loosely.

For that I would use layer masks, you can choose any layer, in your case it might be easier to choose the text.

The icon is on the bottom right and looks like this: layer_mask_shows_05.jpg

Once applied anything white will be visible and anything black will be invisible. The good thing about this is that it is non destructive and opens up a whole range of tools, fill, brush etc with lots of control...

It should help you to achieve the appearance of the text behind the subject.

I guess, i don't own it (obviously) it's on school laptop

If the UI is black it's most likely CS6 or CC.