Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good monitor for M1 Mac mini

Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

For what this system is, you won't be getting 4k 144hz out of any games you'll be playing.

If you want a 4k display- you need to up your budget to at least 250-300$. That will not be a high refresh rate display either.

 

You might want to look into the M1 chip a little more before pulling the trigger. I don't think you're quite up to speed with what it is/can handle

Hello all, I was looking into getting an M1 Mac mini. I will be using it for some light gaming, midrange video editing and playing on my Nintendo switch docked. I was wondering if I could find a decent monitor that would be good for my use case. Note: I don’t care that much about color accuracy although I would like it to be 4K around 120 FPS if possible but I am completely fiine with 60 since I am coming from a Nintendo Switch. Any help or guidance will be appreciated. Thanks 🙏🏾 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Unknowncj said:

Hello all, I was looking into getting an M1 Mac mini. I will be using it for some light gaming, midrange video editing and playing on my Nintendo switch docked. I was wondering if I could find a decent monitor that would be good for my use case. Note: I don’t care that much about color accuracy although I would like it to be 4K around 120 FPS if possible but I am completely fiine with 60 since I am coming from a Nintendo Switch. Any help or guidance will be appreciated. Thanks 🙏🏾 

budget?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

budget?

I am not pressed to have bleeding edge so I am willing to spend around $100

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unknowncj said:

I am not pressed to have bleeding edge so I am willing to spend around $100

$100?  I would recommend spending more especially because you have a decent computer, and 4K does not exist $100.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, curiousmind34 said:

$100?  I would recommend spending more especially because you have a decent computer, and 4K does not exist $100.

Interesting 🤔,  what would you recommend 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unknowncj said:

Interesting 🤔,  what would you recommend 

Closer to a range of 200-300, considering you have a mac mini and that is where most budget 4k monitors are around. In terms of which specific monitor, I don't know, maybe someone else can answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For what this system is, you won't be getting 4k 144hz out of any games you'll be playing.

If you want a 4k display- you need to up your budget to at least 250-300$. That will not be a high refresh rate display either.

 

You might want to look into the M1 chip a little more before pulling the trigger. I don't think you're quite up to speed with what it is/can handle

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

For what this system is, you won't be getting 4k 144hz out of any games you'll be playing.

If you want a 4k display- you need to up your budget to at least 250-300$. That will not be a high refresh rate display either.

 

You might want to look into the M1 chip a little more before pulling the trigger. I don't think you're quite up to speed with what it is/can handle

Just going to add that the Nintendo Switch won't do 4k either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, curiousmind34 said:

Just going to add that the Nintendo Switch won't do 4k either.

Yes that I know 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×