Good monitor for M1 Mac mini

Unknowncj
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

For what this system is, you won't be getting 4k 144hz out of any games you'll be playing.

If you want a 4k display- you need to up your budget to at least 250-300$. That will not be a high refresh rate display either.

You might want to look into the M1 chip a little more before pulling the trigger. I don't think you're quite up to speed with what it is/can handle

Hello all, I was looking into getting an M1 Mac mini. I will be using it for some light gaming, midrange video editing and playing on my Nintendo switch docked. I was wondering if I could find a decent monitor that would be good for my use case. Note: I don’t care that much about color accuracy although I would like it to be 4K around 120 FPS if possible but I am completely fiine with 60 since I am coming from a Nintendo Switch. Any help or guidance will be appreciated. Thanks 🙏🏾 

11 minutes ago, Unknowncj said:

Hello all, I was looking into getting an M1 Mac mini. I will be using it for some light gaming, midrange video editing and playing on my Nintendo switch docked. I was wondering if I could find a decent monitor that would be good for my use case. Note: I don’t care that much about color accuracy although I would like it to be 4K around 120 FPS if possible but I am completely fiine with 60 since I am coming from a Nintendo Switch. Any help or guidance will be appreciated. Thanks 🙏🏾 

budget?

3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

budget?

I am not pressed to have bleeding edge so I am willing to spend around $100

Just now, Unknowncj said:

I am not pressed to have bleeding edge so I am willing to spend around $100

$100?  I would recommend spending more especially because you have a decent computer, and 4K does not exist $100.

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

$100?  I would recommend spending more especially because you have a decent computer, and 4K does not exist $100.

Interesting 🤔,  what would you recommend 

Just now, Unknowncj said:

Interesting 🤔,  what would you recommend 

Closer to a range of 200-300, considering you have a mac mini and that is where most budget 4k monitors are around. In terms of which specific monitor, I don't know, maybe someone else can answer.

For what this system is, you won't be getting 4k 144hz out of any games you'll be playing.

If you want a 4k display- you need to up your budget to at least 250-300$. That will not be a high refresh rate display either.

You might want to look into the M1 chip a little more before pulling the trigger. I don't think you're quite up to speed with what it is/can handle

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Just going to add that the Nintendo Switch won't do 4k either.

1 hour ago, curiousmind34 said:

Just going to add that the Nintendo Switch won't do 4k either.

Yes that I know