Laptop dies immediately after unplugging it from AC power, battery indicator is at 100%

My sister's Asus VivoBook X540NA laptop, which is barely a year old, used to run fine on battery as well as on AC power until a month ago, when all of a sudden an issue came up. The laptop dies immediately when unplugging it from power. I checked around in windows power settings to change anything peculiar, but everything was alright. I ran the windows powershell command to check the device's battery health, but i did not know what those numbers meant. I'd like to know if theres anyway i can fix this issue through software before giving it to a service centre. Thanks in advance!

馃槙

30 minutes ago, ColdPressCoconutOil said:

My sister's Asus VivoBook X540NA laptop, which is barely a year old, used to run fine on battery as well as on AC power until a month ago, when all of a sudden an issue came up. The laptop dies immediately when unplugging it from power. I checked around in windows power settings to change anything peculiar, but everything was alright. I ran the windows powershell command to check the device's battery health, but i did not know what those numbers meant. I'd like to know if theres anyway i can fix this issue through software before giving it to a service centre. Thanks in advance!

So the problem is understanding powershell?聽

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So the problem is understanding powershell?聽

no, any solution to fix the battery issue.

馃槙