Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Founders Edition GPU

What was the first series with GeForce Founders Edition GPUs? If it's older than the GTX 900 series, can you post pics? Thanks.

Edit: I did some more searching and fugured out that the first GeForce series with founders edition or reference edition in the founders edition style is the GTX 600 series with a single fan in the middle.

haha broskie like dab my guy

Edit: Posted wrong information.

Dislaimer: If my post is older than 5 minutes, refresh the page. Most of my posts get edited straight away. 馃槃

PSU Tier List聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 AMD Motherboard Tier List聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 SSD Tier List

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5聽5600X聽- Motherboard:聽ASUS ROG Strix B550-E聽- GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM:聽4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs &聽Alphacool custom loop聽- Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic -聽Fans:聽6x Noctua NF-A12x25聽- AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro聽-聽OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor:聽ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ聽-聽Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard:聽Logitech G915 - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37掳C

CPU: 73掳C

GPU: 54掳C

I do believe it was the 1000 series, before then they were just called "reference" cards.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work?Asus PB287Q unboxing!Console alternatives :DWatch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

I do believe it was the 1000 series, before then they were just called "reference" cards.

No, there were 900 series fe cards, and I think I've seen pics from earlier series, I'm mostly wondering how early those pics were from.

8 minutes ago, MightyMishka said:

No, there were 900 series fe cards, and I think I've seen pics from earlier series, I'm mostly wondering how early those pics were from.

oh, you're right... could be one of these then?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8b7dc17b017b3c087442427c98fa3567.jpg

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work?Asus PB287Q unboxing!Console alternatives :DWatch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

oh, you're right... could be one of these then?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8b7dc17b017b3c087442427c98fa3567.jpg

Yeah, a 700 series. I was also seeing pics from a titan z, I did some more research (a google search)

Founders was 10 series. That鈥檚 when the name started. That is a fact.聽

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q聽1920x1080@240hz聽

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer GD235hz聽1920x1080@120hz

10 hours ago, MightyMishka said:

Yeah, a 700 series. I was also seeing pics from a titan z, I did some more research (a google search)

Those were not 'Founder's Edition' cards.

That was just the nVidia reference PCB and GPU cooler.

If you consider that as 'Founder's Edition' then that goes back to even the GTX 480...

image.jpeg.8fd7160aed0a6a9118715ba10f62dd2c.jpeg

Or go back in time even more.... here is a GeForce 8800 GTX reference / "Founder's Edition"

Blast from the Past 鈥 Episode 1 NVIDIA 8800 GTX | Glob3trotters

Intel Z390 Rig聽(聽*NEW* Primary聽)

Intel X99聽Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1聽GHz (still tweaking)聽--i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master聽--ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition --聽2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ聽DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk聽480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO聽+ 1TB Intel 660p NVMe
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod聽Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass聽Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

Intel Z97 Rig (Secondary)

• Intel i5-4690K @聽4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler聽 NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD +聽Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550WEVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in CrossfireSapphire NITRO聽R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<>聽Electrical Engineer , B.Eng<>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence聽<>

On 3/25/2021 at 11:28 AM, -rascal- said:

Those were not 'Founder's Edition' cards.

That was just the nVidia reference PCB and GPU cooler.

If you consider that as 'Founder's Edition' then that goes back to even the GTX 480...

image.jpeg.8fd7160aed0a6a9118715ba10f62dd2c.jpeg

Or go back in time even more.... here is a GeForce 8800 GTX reference / "Founder's Edition"

Blast from the Past 鈥 Episode 1 NVIDIA 8800 GTX | Glob3trotters

Oooh...