Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Laptop capable of video editing in after effects and running a vr headset

Hello, I am looking for laptop capable of editing 1080p 60-120hz footage in davinci resolve and able to handle rendering 1080p60 after effects timelines in at least 1/4th resolution in real time with more than a few effects. Additionally and maybe harder for a laptop, capable of running an oculus quest on link while recording and potentially streaming. I am a competitive beatsaber player and currently my rx 580's video encoder doesn't handle streaming for competitions very well and causes frame drops which isn't the best. My issue is that link on my quest uses 60-70% of my rx 580s video encoder (according to task manager) so when i try to stream its stuck at 100%. I know laptops aren't known for having good video encoder chips on their gpu's so that is why I came here for advice.

If you are video editing and gaming in vr, why on earth would you want a laptop?: Im planning on moving continents in the nearish future (covid has caused some delays) and I need this computer to travel with me. I dont care about battery life. I mean obviously having it would be nice but I will probably be using it near a wall outlet at all times so that isnt my primary concern. Additionally, if possible it would be amazing if it had a 17 inch screen. I have tried editing on a 15 inch screen and it feels really cramped. 

price? any other details?: Im not going to list a price because I honestly don't know what hardware is capable of doing what. I haven't found any good general numbers on what this generation of mobile gpus is capable of since it varies so much laptop to laptop this time, I also haven't found anything about the video encoding abilities of any laptop and i will be pushing that chip to its limit most likely because oculus link uses so much of it. Also, I have both a usb c to usb c link cable and a usb c to usb a link cable so usb C isn't necessary if any quest user was looking at this post wondering that.

If you need any other information just let me know and I would be happy to provide it, I know this is vague I just haven't found a lot of information doing research so don't have any specifics i can list. 

Thank you so much for reading this and I hope you all have an amazing day.    

The gl75 leopard 17 in looks good. It has a 2070 and a 17 inch screen, and is on promo at Newegg for $1300. 

My system: Core I7 10700k, 32 gb Trident Z RGB ram@3200mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SSC (will upgrade), NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard (Black, Samsung 980 1TB SSD, NZXT C850 PSU, Hyper 212 EVO RGB cooler, Corsair 4000D airflow case.