JayzTwoCents perfectly summarized my thoughts about the Titan Z in a rather funny format.

TheEpicCanadian

That brings us to an issue we put on the back burner for a second. Nvidia was supposed to announce/hype the existence of the 800 series for desktops. Even if it isn't going to be released until Q4, the hype train never hurt. Instead, Nvidia slaps gamers in the face with the Titan Z. AND THEN goes Oprah and gives away Shields to everyone present at the conference for no reason. That money could have been used to further development or something. The absence of the 800 series really ticked me off, the $3000 Titan Z is just the icing on the cake. 

Im not surprised they were giving away Shields at the conference they have done a horrible job marking that think, no average consumer even knows what it is.  They probably have a backlog of them sitting in the wheelhouse and there are now desperate to sell them.  So it probaly did not cost them aything to give them away if the stock is not moving then your turning loses revenue into advertising.

I agree is sucks about 800 series but what you going to do, looks like its delayed for a bit.  I think nothing will happen until AMD makes a move of the 780ti, when they do smoothing suddenly new cards will uprear.

The Titan Z is not for gaming. It is for high end media production/3D work.

Yeah you can game on it, but $3000 (not sure what that is in real money) just to play games? Pfft, piss off just get two, MAYBE THREE Tian Black's and you'd be sweet. Or a 790/R9 295 when they are released.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

My entire rig costs less than 3K.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

I think the conclusion that I've come to is that the card is intended as more of a technical showcase than a real consumer product. More of a "Hey, look - we can do this" than a "Hey, come buy this".

I agree here. "Look, we did it first! Please don't buy it."

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

The issue is that for the same price you could actually buy 3 classic titans for the same price and get probably better performance. Normally when Nvidia does the whole "Tape these two cards together and throw it out there!" thing there's at least the stand point of "Okay it's not as powerful as the two base cards, but it's cheaper by few hundred dollars (Normally the 680 was around $550-$600, so a $1,000 is a nice deal at slightly less speed.)

Its not for gaming. Nvidia specifically said it was for developers. Their demo with it was with Pixar. They didn't talk about the Titan Z's gaming performance at all. I don't know why every one is talking it with gaming in mind. Its a compute card. They talked about its rendering for special effects for movies and its performance in servers and supercomputers. Everyone needs to calm down.

I should be studying.

It is simply not worth you're time and money to spend that much cash on that card to just play games on it.

It would be a serious waste when you could get something more worth you're time if you are not into media production or things like that.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

384bit bus can only power 3gigs VRAM

Nope.

FUCK OFF NVIDIA!!!!

They just offer it, if someone is stupid enough to buy it that's not their problem

144Hz goodness

Titan Z or any of the Titan products are NOT FOR GAMING. How hard is it to get that through peoples heads? Nvidia didn't even say anything about gaming on it or a gaming card in their conference.

If all you do is gaming and you don't plan on doing 3D work than you shouldn't be even batting an eye at this card. This card is for those people who do 3D work.

Its not for gaming. Nvidia specifically said it was for developers. Their demo with it was with Pixar. They didn't talk about the Titan Z's gaming performance at all. I don't know why every one is talking it with gaming in mind. Its a compute card. They talked about its rendering for special effects for movies and its performance in servers and supercomputers. Everyone needs to calm down.

I never mentioned anything about gaming performance, I mentioned ANY performance. 1 Titan Z will (most likely) either perform worse, or equivalent to 2 Titan Blacks, at 1.5x the cost of 2 Titan Blacks in ANYTHING it does.

The only benefit you are paying this extra $1,000 for is a smaller form factor than 2 Titan Blacks. 

I was pointing out that IN THE PAST, Nvidia  realized that you had to give sacrifices for the smaller form factor so they made it cheaper for the dual GPU cards over 2 different cards. Except now, since Titan's are selling to consumers and developers alike like god damn candy, they have decided to increase the price to increase their profit margins. 

And that is just slimy.