JayzTwoCents perfectly summarized my thoughts about the Titan Z in a rather funny format.

TheEpicCanadian

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

I'm sorry, but I'm already tired of people getting mad about the price, have fun finding a card that can game with 12GB of VRam and two GK110 fully unlocked with unbelievably performance.

HAHAHAHAHAHA i saw it a while back xDDD its funny as fudge, i mean, when he says 1+1=3 according to nvidia (paraphrasing) xDDD that is just outstanding xD 

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

I'm sorry, but I'm already tired of people getting mad about the price, have fun finding a card that can game with 12GB of VRam and two GK110 fully unlocked with unbelievably performance.

That's the thing - there's no point.

For the price of ONE Titan Z you can buy THREE Titan Blacks. So you're getting an entire other Titan Black out of it. And if you're spending that much money on graphics cards you can easily stretch to a bigger case or motherboard to accomodate multiple GPUs.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Nvidia is taking the PC gaming to the riches only. 

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

ahhh man

he doesnt get any business. i feel bad for the guy
at least out of the tech people Linus has pretty good retail experience

The issue is that for the same price you could actually buy 3 classic titans for the same price and get probably better performance. Normally when Nvidia does the whole "Tape these two cards together and throw it out there!" thing there's at least the stand point of "Okay it's not as powerful as the two base cards, but it's cheaper by few hundred dollars (Normally the 680 was around $550-$600, so a $1,000 is a nice deal at slightly less speed.) 

Why does everybody assume that every gpu has to be for them?

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)

Powered by a silverstone strider 500w psu in a NZXT 210.

I can see the titan z more along the lines of a tesla card now since its gone into that bracket

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Putting any Titan in a Gaming orientated machine is pointless right?

If your not using the double precision abilities, and buy one... what a waste...^

So if your using the double precision abilities and your NOT gaming at all you could buy a Quadro K or AMD alternative, The Titans may even be a good idea here...

If your using the double precision AND Gaming... You would not be doing both at the same time, so why not get a 780TI and a Quadro KSeries alongside it, using each when you need it. Or have two separate machines anyway.

Why buy a TitanZ when your not going to be able to game on and be doing professional work on the same machine at the same time.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The man is 100 percent right. The idiots at IGN forums are going nuts saying how expensive a PC is now. He called it. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

You should be sorry, because that's the dumbest thing I've heard. The 12Gb isn't an improvement over the Titan Blacks 6Gb seeing as it's split over 2 GPU cores. Then for that money you can get 4 780's plus have some left over cash or 3 780ti's plus some leftover cash or 3 titan blacks. There is zero point in getting this card ever.

GTX 780Ti, 2880 CUDA cores, higher clock speeds, non-reference, 384bit bus can only power 3gigs VRAM: Single ~$750  SLI = ~$1500

FUCK OFF NVIDIA!!!!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I'm actually cracking up, because I think its halarious...  its like freaking EA bought Nvidia...  Though the sad thing is Nvidia thinks people will actually buy this card!  sadly, we are not console peasants who buy a freaking new console without knowing anything about it.  Cant wait for Nvidia to realize no one will buy it, because its two FREAKING 780tis!  IT WOULD BE BETTER AND CHEAPER TO GET 3 780TI IN SLI! 

I already saw the video, it summarizes it really well. :D

Even people with workstations can't be that ignorant! They will buy a regular Titan or two.

The funny thing is, that it will probably cost 3000€ aswell. because 1 tech USD = 1 tech EUR. :P For that money you can get 7 GTX 780s.... just saying.... :D

who cares...

A 750 Ti will give you console level performance with DX12.

How many PS4 consoles do you need to string together to get Titan Z level of performance?

6 or 8?

Also the Titan series has never been consumer grade gaming parts...

It's like bitching about Tesla prices.

Hes not mad at the price hes moreso angry with the fact that the uneducated "console junkies" now have more shit to throw when saying oooh ooh pc gaming soo expensive. This isnt fair to guys like us who actually fully understand computer parts and price/performance. Titan Z is purely a workstation card for ultra pro sumers who have money to burn, tbh Nvidia really screwed this one up and is giving pc gaming a bad name thinking pricing a gpu at THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS is ok.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

That's the thing - there's no point.

For the price of ONE Titan Z you can buy THREE Titan Blacks. So you're getting an entire other Titan Black out of it. And if you're spending that much money on graphics cards you can easily stretch to a bigger case or motherboard to accomodate multiple GPUs.

Not to mention the fact that two individual cards can probably be pushed further anyways, it'd be less thermally constrained (in a bigger system 2 cards could be better, but 1 single card in something like a micro atx/ mini itx case could be better)

I understand them wanting to make it cost more, because I'm sure R&D was tedious, but making it cost an extra 1000$ out of thin air is a bit ridiculous.  You also have to consider the fact that mini ITX just got a whole lot more interesting, you can have Titan Black SLI in a TINY formfactor now, which previously held back itx systems from being "all they could be"

Another thing to mention, the people that are buying these will be a niche market. While the people that have the space, correct airflow, and other potential will probably just buy 2-3 titan blacks or 780 TI's anyways. 

If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's really quite simple lol. Some people are willing to spend a premium to get the max out of one card, versus two in space-constrained cases.

Another thing they could be doing, making it 3,000$ at launch, getting dumb people to buy it, then lowering the price.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

This video is for entertainment purposes only....Nvidia could care less what a guy ranting in his office thinks about their Titan Z.... They are in business to make money.. you don't like the price, the best thing you can do is to not buy the card. I don't like the price.... I am not going to buy the card. Also, this card is mostly for CUDA developers ... but there will be plenty of high-end gamers that will buy it too.... who cares. This card is not for the masses... Nvidia dropped the Titan @ 1K and it still sold like crazy.. so if they drop this card for 3K and no one buys it, then they will lower the price eventually. I still think it will sell very very well.  

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Not to mention the fact that two individual cards can probably be pushed further anyways, it'd be less thermally constrained (in a bigger system 2 cards could be better, but 1 single card in something like a micro atx/ mini itx case could be better)

I understand them wanting to make it cost more, because I'm sure R&D was tedious, but making it cost an extra 1000$ out of thin air is a bit ridiculous.  You also have to consider the fact that mini ITX just got a whole lot more interesting, you can have Titan Black SLI in a TINY formfactor now, which previously held back itx systems from being "all they could be"

Another thing to mention, the people that are buying these will be a niche market. While the people that have the space, correct airflow, and other potential will probably just buy 2-3 titan blacks or 780 TI's anyways. 

If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's really quite simple lol. Some people are willing to spend a premium to get the max out of one card, versus two in space-constrained cases.

Another thing they could be doing, making it 3,000$ at launch, getting dumb people to buy it, then lowering the price.

Indeed.

I think the conclusion that I've come to is that the card is intended as more of a technical showcase than a real consumer product. More of a "Hey, look - we can do this" than a "Hey, come buy this".

At least that's what I'm hoping it is. Because it really has no place in the market in my view. There is a market for people who want a dual gaming GPU in a limited form factor, but the Titan and therefore Titan Z is more of a gaming/workstation hybrid - and I significantly doubt that those who would wish for such a powerful card in a small form factor will accept the insane price.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Hes not mad at the price hes moreso angry with the fact that the uneducated "console junkies" now have more shit to throw when saying oooh ooh pc gaming soo expensive. This isnt fair to guys like us who actually fully understand computer parts and price/performance. Titan Z is purely a workstation card for ultra pro sumers who have money to burn, tbh Nvidia really screwed this one up and is giving pc gaming a bad name thinking pricing a gpu at THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS is ok.

Yea this sucks for us. Console gamers are just gonna tear us apart and all we can do is sit here like :( Pisses me off

AMD FX-8350   -   Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3   -   ADATA XPG 8GB   -   Asus GTX 780   -   Fractal Design Define R4   -   Corsair CS650M

Kingston 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB   -   CM Storm QuickFire Rapid   -   Razer DeathAdder 2013

i don't see the issue its not a gaming card its workstation grade. 4k$ is not that bad for workstation parts. only about 1 person will buy it a week and it be used driving thinks like 8k advertising boards or similarly crazy things like flight simulators with 10 screens.

I have no problem with these things existing as it allows for things to move forward.  give it a year and there be a similar gaming part for 1k$.

i don't see the issue its not a gaming card its workstation grade. 4k$ is not that bad for workstation parts. only about 1 person will buy it a week and it be used driving thinks like 8k advertising boards or similarly crazy things like flight simulators with 10 screens.

I have no problem with these things existing as it allows for things to move forward.  give it a year and there be a similar gaming part for 1k$.

That brings us to an issue we put on the back burner for a second. Nvidia was supposed to announce/hype the existence of the 800 series for desktops. Even if it isn't going to be released until Q4, the hype train never hurt. Instead, Nvidia slaps gamers in the face with the Titan Z. AND THEN goes Oprah and gives away Shields to everyone present at the conference for no reason. That money could have been used to further development or something. The absence of the 800 series really ticked me off, the $3000 Titan Z is just the icing on the cake. 

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB