Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Having to wait until friday for Reactions

Naruke Alpha

You guys want to know what sucks worst than my English grammar? Having to wait until friday to see Linus and Slick reactions to the acquisition of Oculus Rift by Facebook, and im specially interested in what Slick has to say xD 

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

lol, it's going to be Slicks turn to rant. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I wonder if he will cancel his order on his DK2..

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

I dont see what the big deal about it is... Yes Facebook baught the company... And continues to let them do the exact same thing they were doing...

Prepare for the mother of all WAN show boys. This time, Slick isn't getting fired, but getting fired up with the burning passion for the future of gaming.

The Oculus Oddessy coming 28/3/14...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

lol, it's going to be Slicks turn to rant. 

this will be so interesting :D 

This is going to be one hell of a WAN Show....

I agree so much with you, wont miss it for anythign!~!!

I dont see what the big deal about it is... Yes Facebook baught the company... And continues to let them do the exact same thing they were doing...

The problem is: ill quote notch 

"Facebook is not a company of grass-roots tech enthusiasts. Facebook is not a game tech company. Facebook has a history of caring about building user numbers, and nothing but building user numbers. People have made games for Facebook platforms before, and while it worked great for a while, they were stuck in a very unfortunate position when Facebook eventually changed the platform to better fit the social experience they were trying to build.

Don’t get me wrong, VR is not bad for social. In fact, I think social could become one of the biggest applications of VR. Being able to sit in a virtual living room and see your friend’s avatar? Business meetings? Virtual cinemas where you feel like you’re actually watching the movie with your friend who is seven time zones away?

But I don’t want to work with social, I want to work with games." -Notch

http://notch.net/2014/03/virtual-reality-is-going-to-change-the-world/

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

continues to let them do the exact same thing they were doing...

Can you prove this?

otherwise it's the same as saying the NSA keeps us safe. 

Error: 410

Has that been said anywhere on the internet?

Can you prove this?

closest i could find is this 

I can't wait to play Farmville with the Oculus Rift

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I can't wait to play Farmville with the Oculus Rift

Or dragon city man!!!

I dunno about you guys, but I actually go out and do things with people on Friday.

nah man, we just sit here till the wans how starts :P 

I dunno about you guys, but I actually go out and do things with people on Friday.

You go out? WAAAT

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Can you prove this?

Zuckerberg state in his initial letter on the subject that he intend to let Oculus VR finish developing the product for games and then acclimating it into more social things.

And while there is no proof of it yet, I have little reason to doubt that that's what he plans. Yes he stated he intends to use it for social integration as well, which is something I've been incredibly excited for as well as game. VR isn't just for games. It was always going to go much further than that. 

The NSA has proven we can't trust them with our secrets, Facebook has done nothing to prove we can't trust them with VR.

I laughed just thinking about the pain this has caused Slick. Lol honestly I was at the front desk just preparing for thd ay when my manager yells out "FACEBOOK JUST BOUGHT Oculus" and all three of us yelled out "WHYYY?"

Hoax, you have no friends or people to interact with on a regular basis!

Now sit down at your pc!

Zuckerberg state in his initial letter on the subject that he intend to let Oculus VR finish developing the product for games and then acclimating it into more social things.

And while there is no proof of it yet, I have little reason to doubt that that's what he plans. Yes he stated he intends to use it for social integration as well, which is something I've been incredibly excited for as well as game. VR isn't just for games. It was always going to go much further than that.

The NSA has proven we can't trust them with our secrets, Facebook has done nothing to prove we can't trust them with VR.

Saying and doing are two entirely different things, as I'm sure you know.

At what point do you consider development to be 'done'?

Oculus was exciting to many because it was VR for the sake of gaming and was being developed in that direction it's expected for some people to not be as enthusiastic about it anymore because it's quite probable that the direction of development will change under control by Facebook.

Regardless if someone can judge the growth of Oculus under FB as bad or good, there is a fair chance that it will become something that was never favored by the original backing crowd, alienating the original support base.

And would you really put something in the hands of someone who has not proven that they can't handle it compared to someone who has proven they can handle it? I'd prefer the proven option rather than 'not disproven' as an argument in support

The notion that you can trust Facebook period is arbitrary based on who you ask and for what reasons.

I never wanted some Frankenstein gaming social technology, I wanted a gaming VR machine. If another company wanted to license and build on the technology of that finished product, I would be completely fine with that, but this is not the case; hence I would state that without concrete proof in the future my interest in Oculus has fallen dramatically.

That is a crucial aspect to look at; what was the original utility and what is the purpose of the end product?

Can you prove this?

The worst thing that happens is it goes to crap and becomes horrible + gets re-purposed to something else.

IMO, the pros to this far outweigh the possibility of it going to crap.

Facebook has a disgusting amount of money to throw at the project if they decide to continue the work, it could be finished + more in depth, and have more supporters+services behind it.

You know on the wan show the other day Linus was talking about using the oculus platform+possibilities to build a way sell virtual tickets to the Superbowl, hockey games, sports events.

He mentioned you could "be" the quarterback in the game, if facebook decides to give this what it deserves, we could very much be closer to that amazing experience that could be delivered with this product.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The worst thing that happens is it goes to crap and becomes horrible + gets re-purposed to something else.

IMO, the pros to this far outweigh the possibility of it going to crap.

Facebook has a disgusting amount of money to throw at the project if they decide to continue the work, it could be finished + more in depth, and have more supporters+services behind it.

You know on the wan show the other day Linus was talking about using the oculus platform+possibilities to build a way sell virtual tickets to the Superbowl, hockey games, sports events.

He mentioned you could "be" the quarterback in the game, if facebook decides to give this what it deserves, we could very much be closer to that amazing experience that could be delivered with this product.

Addressed in second post. I would probably stay cautiously optimistic.

Addressed in second post. I would probably stay cautiously optimistic.

There's no reason to be optimistic or pessimistic. Until they actually prove what they're doing, there's no reason to lean to either side.

Facebook has the money to put into this that could make it absolutely amazing, but they also have the possibility to turn it into a monetized abomination. 

We have no idea where they're planning on taking this, or what they're planning on doing with it.  And until we do, I don't think we should be so quick to judge.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

There's no reason to be optimistic or pessimistic. Until they actually prove what they're doing, there's no reason to lean to either side.

Facebook has the money to put into this that could make it absolutely amazing, but they also have the possibility to turn it into a monetized abomination.

We have no idea where they're planning on taking this, or what they're planning on doing with it. And until we do, I don't think we should be so quick to judge.

I will go under the assumption that facebook will be facebook and a big business corporation will act like one until, like I said, I see some proof of anything.

Facebook isn't an average white label supporter, you can draw a lot from the situation based on the fact alone that it is facebook.

For that of a few reasons I will stay cautiously optimistic.