Tips About Led Lamps for Green Screen Office Work

tridy

Hi.

I am planning to get the green screen and some lighting so I could play with it and make it a bit more fancy when I do presentations (Teams and Zoom) (I do not plan on doing any streaming). While the green screen choice is not that hard, the lighting is a bit more complicated. I have a smaller space like 4x4 m² so I guess I do not need very strong lamps. I can isolate all of the light that comes from the window so it could be really dark in the room initially before I add extra lighting.

1. Should I go with any of the Elegato lighting solutions or any other led lamp solutions, and how many of them do I need?

2. Do I need to light the green screen behind me separately or should I light just myself.

3. Should there be 1 light from the front or 2 lights from the left and right?

4. I have white walls, could I just reflect some light from the usual desk light led bulbs so it would light my face instead?

5. Are there any benefits from having Elegato lighting software, is it doing any of the auto brightness, level and color adjustments based on let's say when a monitor switches from one darker application to another that is much brighter?

any tips?

Thanks!

No, you don't need any elgato lighting anything. 

In your case, some face lighting and some light on the green screen will work. 

Almost any lights will work.  I've got an led soft bulb in an old desk lamp arm.  Works great.  Even a cheap amazon light ring helps.  

6 minutes ago, Heliian said:

No, you don't need any elgato lighting anything. 

In your case, some face lighting and some light on the green screen will work. 

Almost any lights will work.  I've got an led soft bulb in an old desk lamp arm.  Works great.  Even a cheap amazon light ring helps.  

Ok, thanks! I will try the simplest setup first.

Use whatever lamps and room lighting you have, avoid shadows.

Don't forget the beauty filter in zoom. 😉