Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i’m from the UK and can only talk about the Uk supply but on release date for the 5900x, I ordered it from Scan UK and very crafty of Scan they massively oversold the CPU by about 2,000 units and just moved all the over sells to back log a few days after leaving customers to believe it was coming on release date. So due to this I missed the opportunity of getting it from another retailer because I thought I had one. 

 

To this day i’m still waiting for the pre ordered unit. I have moved from around 750th in line to roughly 70th now and in the last 3 months or so I believe they have only had like 10 units and they keep pushing back dates. Originally I was meant to get in in Late December, then Early January, Then February, Then March, now they are saying April. Not sure how likely that will be too from the track record. My issue now is I don’t have another CPU to use in the mean time, stupidly I sold my old CPU and Motherboard thinking i’ll get the new CPU on December and have been using a friends 2600x while they weren’t using it.

 

Now he needs it back and my system won’t work now, my specs are X570 Master, RTX 3080 Suprim X, 1000w Psu and X73 Kraken 360mm AIO, So i’m am a bit of an overkill gamer because I keep my system for a while. 

 

Currently I just don’t have a PC, I don’t use it for work just for entertainment so it’s not super urgent.

 

My question is, should I just cancel my 5900x and get a 5800x as they are in stock? The 5900x is a much better CPU and better value for money but I just can’t get it and being in lockdown iv not got much else to do. Or shall I just wait as iv waited this long now 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've got a back order in, I'd wait for it. 

 

Really kind of depends on if you can afford to take a bit of a hit on a different CPU. You could get a 5800x or something else, then sell it when the 5900x comes in. If you buy a used one off eBay, you shouldn't lose too much money when you come to resell it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would buy the cheapest Ryzen CPU you can find that is compatible with your motherboard while you wait for your order to come in. Buying a 5800X will result in a considerable loss if you try to sell it used because they are not in limited supply.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean a 3rd gen ryzen like a 3700 or something can still easily push 144fps so why not just go for that if all you are doing is gaming and you want one right now. If you can wait just keep waiting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can get an immediate refund on your pre-order and you can't expect the 5900X for a couple weeks, I would order the 5800X, and the moment it arrives cancel your other pre-order and get your money back. Your bank account will be down a couple days, but assuming the 5800X is delivered on time it won't be down for long. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+110 core, +330 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Bronze. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

since your so close to the top of the line i say just wait, if you were further along the line then maybe cancel it but you're so close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, airborne spoon said:

since your so close to the top of the line i say just wait, if you were further along the line then maybe cancel it but you're so close.

Yeah I was thinking the same but iv been in the position for 3 months now, it’s super annoying. I might wait till April and see if they get a 5950x and get that if my one doesn’t come and that’s in stock because the line is much shorter for that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×