I Was RIGHT!!!! (and I hate it)

AlexTheGreatish

Disclaimer: I don't mean to be mean or inconsiderate to anyone, but was very lucky to get a 3070 from this. I've been trying to upgrade for a long time. My strategy, I've been sitting with the subscription tab open for the last 3 weeks. I've consistently been in the first 10-15 people on the video. I always watch YT/FP a 2x speed, so got to the info quick. Took the quiz honestly (almost failed on the easiest question). 

I really wanted to the ASUS TUF version of the 3070, but I'll be grateful and maybe trade when things calm down in a year+

there are no 3060tis listed at all?

and i just saw the video and even 3070s are out of stock.

i've been trying to get a new gpu since december and now i finally have enough money for what it was at msrp when I wanted it.

this seriously sucks

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

Disclaimer: I don't mean to be mean or inconsiderate to anyone, but was very lucky to get a 3070 from this. I've been trying to upgrade for a long time. My strategy, I've been sitting with the subscription tab open for the last 3 weeks. I've consistently been in the first 10-15 people on the video. I always watch YT/FP a 2x speed, so got to the info quick. Took the quiz honestly (almost failed on the easiest question). 

GET HIM!

3 minutes ago, nineclicks said:

They get over a million view per video. If only 1% of people were trying to get a card and they have x hundred cards you only ever had x percent chance anyway. Turns out 100 cards and a 1% chance.

True true, but you know how it is, Linus' smile got me all pumped up.

1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

some people have lives, can't understand voices at 2x, don't get notifications properly on their devices, had no idea this was going to happen, and also need a gpu.

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

Mb this is stupid question, but who took the quiz right will need to do this again on the next drop ? Just asking...

2 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Congratz on grabbing a card!

Question for you though, how long did it take for you to get to the checkout screen?

Just curious how fast people are at these things.

Anime Addict | Gamer | Tennis Player | Software Developer | My Outdated Beauty

3 minutes ago, m1nd said:

Mb this is stupid question, but who took the quiz right will need to do this again on the next drop ? Just asking...

If they go with the same format, it'll probably be a different set of questions.

I don't think they'll release any details on how things will be done for future drops so be ready for a different challenge

Anime Addict | Gamer | Tennis Player | Software Developer | My Outdated Beauty

2 minutes ago, Stabbers said:

Congratz on grabbing a card!

Question for you though, how long did it take for you to get to the checkout screen?

Just curious how fast people are at these things.

I WFH, had the video sub tab on my third monitor while doing work. Looks like video went up at 10:40 PST, I finished quiz at 10:49, got to purchase page at 10:51. Again, don't want to mean to anyone but only posted bc I saw people questioning whether VAG program actually worked. Been watching LTT daily for 6+ years, sub to floatplane, all the gamer things. It was bound to be very difficult. I'll make sure to not participate in future rounds.

I gotta be honest, I'm not fond of the question format.

I have been playing games since I was wee, but still managed to fail the test (that question about japanese fighting games took two of my hearts by itself, I thought the dead or alive one (the name is gone from my head already oof) was a beachball game i heard in passing).

Had to google the konami code, that's just way before my time

The fortnite question was, rather reliant on me actually having played fortnite even once.

The "What game is famous for running on almost anything" question ALMOST stumped me despite knowing the true answer. I almost selected minecraft because well, it's kinda also on anything, and could in fact run on anything with java and opengl support and a display. We're all trying to do this quickly and that seems easy to trip up on.

I failed in the end for being about 20 years too young to know that the original mario wasn't in fact called Mario Bros. I probably wasn't gonna actually buy the card (it would have probably still been too expensive although I'd have been tempted) but it's a bit of a bummer that it wasn't done by linking up with steam, gog, origin accounts etc. (obivously not requiring more than like, 2 of these, but reading the gameplay stats a la steamdb.com via their API).

That said, the questions don't even need to be that hard, just requiring actual questions to be filled in makes botting the buy page pretty much impossible.

Oh well. Hope whoever got those cards enjoys them : P

lol man I was 1 hour late to the video and everything is already "out of stock". I think it's time to just burn everything to the ground and start over again.

Stupid being at work and not able to be on Youtube 100% of the time.

They've just updated the website;  anyone who got the extended "preparing the quiz" screen (myself included) was seeing that because the cards were all allocated but waiting for the purchases to be completed.  😞

I tried all 3, and no luck.  😞

stuck on validating your quiz. at least i aced the quiz with one heart remaining like a real gamer

1 hour ago, Poypoy33 said:

What is the last digit of konami code? I don't get it.

AB

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

That GPU excuse was pretty lame. AMD/nVidia saw it happen already in 2018 with the crypto boom/bust that happened earlier... and chose to ignore it. They are to blame for 10x0 prices being jacked and staying there ever since. Do you seriously think they would not want to line their pockets with that very convenient extra cash??? Don't fool yourself - these are greedy companies run by greedy CEO's who have the power to manipulate the market. Only now it's gotten to the point where they can no longer do anything about it. They had a shot and failed.

Might have been worth your while asking these insiders off the record how much of that $1700 for a 3090 goes to nVidia, and how much the board partner keeps. That's an important question considering that the street price of a high end card used to be under a thousand before things went crazy. An increase that high in production costs is a lie.

As for the URL link, you really couldn't be more cryptic enough could you? I guess I will wait four more years and hopefully be at the front of the line by then for my GPU upgrade.

I know everything is sold out but what's the konami code? or more like how did you get it? Google said it's a cheat code from games, but what game is he talking about or is that just a gigantic guessing game? 

5 minutes ago, Noboddyhere said:

I know everything is sold out but what's the konami code? or more like how did you get it? Google said it's a cheat code from games, but what game is he talking about or is that just a gigantic guessing game? 

The Konami code is Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A. It was used by Konami on a bunch of games and became known as the Konami code. 
Here's some interesting history of the Konami Code

10 minutes ago, Noboddyhere said:

the konami code is one of the 1st big cheat codes and its up up down down left right left right b a. its from nes/familycom days 

and literally the 1st result on google.

thus the last 2 was ba

image.png.4daabca2f02bab5c75946ca0ef6ce538.png

What if you already have a 3070, but would like to just take the test?

3 minutes ago, zushiba said:

The Konami code is Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A. It was used by Konami on a bunch of games and became known as the Konami code. 
Here's some interesting history of the Konami Code

Ahhh okay, thank you 😄  I guess never owning a console was not good haha.

I hope I can get it the next time xD

If I'm not fast enough to get lucky buying on AMD.com or other retailers at MSRP, I am also not fast enough to get lucky on LTT store.

This is a cool PR idea, but it's not really solving the problem.

Just now, Noboddyhere said:

Ahhh okay, thank you 😄  I guess never owning a console was not good haha.

I hope I can get it the next time xD

hehehe literaly the only thing good about being old that happend to me recently was knowing that code. but slill no gpu for me. maybe next round.

i finaly clicked the bell icon 🙂

Wait, so in the latest video linus said to go to lttstore.com/3070  and then something about the last two digitis of a code. What are they? I'm confused.

Build:

• CPU: AMD 3700x                                           
  • Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO RGB
  • Motherboard: MSI x570 tomahawk wifi
  • Memory: Teamforce Delta RGB DDR4-3000 16 GB
  • Graphics Card: EVGA 1660 SC ULTRA
  • Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
  • PSU: Fractal Design Ion 660w
  • Case fans: Sickleflow 120 RGB (3-pack)

Nothing I say is guaranteed to be correct, please remember this. I'm still learning every day.

Feedback is appreciated!

(in other words i can say stupid stuff so double check what i say)