Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reputable Surge Protector Brands?

Hi all,

I am looking for a new surge protector with individually switched sockets, I am in the UK so it would have to be a type G plug/socket (and probably 13a fused). I have had good experiences with Masterplug in the past, should I stick with them or are there better offerings out there?

Thanks!

(I did not know if this should've been posted in power supplies or peripherals, sorry if it is in the wrong section).

finally escaped fm2+

Cyperpower or APC make great units.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Cyberpower and APC are my first go to brands. 

With that said I'm also the type of person to look for companies that are going out of business and I buy a bunch of "durable" electronics on the cheap (UPS, surge protectors, power conditioners, etc.). 

R9 3900x; 64GB RAM | RTX 2080 | 1.5TB Optane P4800x

1TB ADATA XPG Pro 8200 SSD | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
HD800 + SCHIIT VALI | Topre Realforce Keyboard

14 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Cyperpower or APC make great units.

9 minutes ago, comander said:

Cyberpower and APC are my first go to brands. 

With that said I'm also the type of person to look for companies that are going out of business and I buy a bunch of "durable" electronics on the cheap (UPS, surge protectors, power conditioners, etc.). 

It seems like cyberpower only sells their UPS units over here. I looked at APC but couldn't find anything with switched sockets but it was the first brand I went to.

finally escaped fm2+

40 minutes ago, lgcas said:

surge protector

I always use a UPS, mine are cyberpower.

Tripp-Lite all day long.

3 minutes ago, lgcas said:

Ah, I completely forgot about Tripp-Lite, they only seem to sell a few models over here. They have something so close to what I need (https://www.amazon.co.uk/6-Outlet-Power-Strip-Individually-Switched/dp/B08GRZ4HVK) but without surge protection. Thank you for the suggestion.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/APC-Back-UPS-ES-Uninterruptible-protected/dp/B000GL19BW/ref=sr_1_2?crid=HN66NY3OK6UK&dchild=1&keywords=apc+ups+es+700&qid=1616460499&sprefix=apc+ups+es+700%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-2

i dont trust just surge protectors so using similar unit. for pc master socet is great feature that alows power down all other devices then you turn of pc